Advanced Locomotion System V3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DproBoy View Post
    Does anyone have an Idea about How a Parkour System in UE4 works . Close to the parkour system in AC or even WD2
    If you want to do something like AC, you'll need to place dummy objects on every part of your environment that should be grabbable (i.e. handholds, ledges,...), work with a lot of traces to figure out if your character is near one of those, move your character into position via blueprint if there is and play the specific climbing animations (with IK layered on-top to make sure the hands and feet are actually in the correct spots). That's an extremely simplified explanation, of course, but it should give you a rough idea of what you need to do. I also suggest having a look at Crocopede's ledge climbing tutorial. He uses dynamic ledge recognition rather than dummy objects but I'm pretty sure that they're using pre-defined hand-holds in AC. Should still be helpful, though. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4yjcwZLQqlE

Comment

i am more intrested in the the Dynamic Ledge Recognition . i have already created a Parkour system in unity a long time ago . with Dummy objects . now with unreal i want to improve and learn new things . Sorry thooo i tought AC and WD2 used Dynamic Ledge Recognition . anyways thanks for the tutorial

Comment

what do you think Guys ...[ATTACH=CONFIG]131599[/ATTACH]
        Can you show a video of how it works?

Comment

I Actually followed a tutorial by Kyle D. it was actually working great . its a two part tutorial : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6WzcxzqtpJg

Comment

I Actually followed a tutorial by Kyle D. it was actually working great . its a two part tutorial : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6WzcxzqtpJg
            Excellent lesson. Thank you, DproBoy.

Comment

No Problem . Do you know a good animation Pack for Unreal Engine that Has some Parkour Animations

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	1.PNG
Views:	1
Size:	163.9 KB
ID:	1124426

Click image for larger version

Name:	2.PNG
Views:	1
Size:	303.4 KB
ID:	1124427

The project has errors
                Could update or give some solution please

Comment

Re Import It ??

Comment

Do you know a good animation Pack for Unreal Engine that Has some Parkour Animations

Comment

Do you know a good animation Pack for Unreal Engine that Has some Parkour Animations
                      Hmmm I dont. Perhaps there are some for the Unity Asset Store that you could retarget?

Comment

Originally posted by KingTumTum101 View Post
                        Hmmm I dont. Perhaps there are some for the Unity Asset Store that you could retarget?
                        Well . The animations in Unity Asset Store arent That good for my use case . I guess i will use Some place holders until i make my own when i have spare time

Comment

Originally posted by KingTumTum101 View Post
                          I want to do a sphere trace for where the player is facing (Mesh) but instead my trace changes direction to where i am looking at with camera . what should i do

Comment

How about you go troubleshoot your animation problems in your own thread instead of hijacking this thread.

Comment

Originally posted by jonimake View Post
                              How about you go troubleshoot your animation problems in your own thread instead of hijacking this thread.
                              Sorry . but if you dont like my replys Ignore them . The problem that i asked about was related to ALS . the system i created with the TPS template that comes with unreal engine works fine . when i tried recreating it here using ALS . i had this problem .

Comment

I want to do a sphere trace for where the player is facing (Mesh) but instead my trace changes direction to where i am looking at with camera . what should i do
                                Its because the capsule always faces the control direction. You can cast to the AnimBP and get the Character Rotation rotator to get the direction the character is facing.

Comment

Working...
                                X