Advanced Locomotion System V3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Highflex View Post
    Has anyone tried using the lean run calculations in a multiplayer game? I got everything replicated but its not as smooth as on the local client ( kind of laggy and unresponsive ), so i was wondering if there would be a better approach? I hope its not a limitation by the network system itself. I thought about writing it as native calculation but i fear it won't solve the issue.
    That might be because it is getting the velocity from the CharacterBP, which needs to be replicated and thus has latency. For the update, I am getting all of the necessary info directly from the pawn and calculating them in the Animgraph so they will play nicer....I think.

Comment

There is a problem with the FPS, setting the max FPS to about 10 breaks the accuracy of the animation transition. Do anyone know how to fix it?

Comment

when trying to implement IK . i had problems . i hooked up the IK system on the anim graph to the rotate root bone . what do you guys think i should do (I Am a beginner/ newbie in UE4 but i had experience with other engines)
        Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled.png
Views:	1
Size:	775.8 KB
ID:	1124178
        Last edited by DproBoy; 03-01-2017, 03:29 PM.

Comment

BTW i am following Kyle D s IK tutorial
          - i figuered it out . you just need to set to set the Y of your joint target location between 200-250
          Last edited by DproBoy; 03-01-2017, 03:41 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Doktor. View Post
            There is a problem with the FPS, setting the max FPS to about 10 breaks the accuracy of the animation transition. Do anyone know how to fix it?
            Hmmmm ill have to do some testing. It may have to do with the calculation of variables getting messed up with such a low FPS

Comment

what do you think Guys ...Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled.png
Views:	2
Size:	974.5 KB
ID:	1124181
              Last edited by DproBoy; 03-01-2017, 06:16 PM.

Comment

Looks AMAZING!

I can't wait for this new update :3

Comment

Does anyone have an Idea about How a Parkour System in UE4 works . Close to the parkour system in AC or even WD2

Comment

I need help here . i wanna set up a system that checks if the player has drawn weapon (Using Bool hasDrawnWeapon) and then if its true switch the Pistol Animations . that i got from Kubolds Pistol AnimSet . How do i make the Animations Switch

Comment

Originally posted by DproBoy View Post
                      I need help here . i wanna set up a system that checks if the player has drawn weapon (Using Bool hasDrawnWeapon) and then if its true switch the Pistol Animations . that i got from Kubolds Pistol AnimSet . How do i make the Animations Switch
                      That would be done in the animgraph. You could create a new state machine using Kubolds pack. You can find many existing tutorials demonstrating how to set up an animgraph or layer upper body animations.

Comment

I used a Blend Pose by Bool but it didn't work so i decided to temporarely set up the animations in the locomotion animation graph . Just because i only wanted to set them up so i can do the Weapon System . its actually working Well . i just had to disable Root motion and lock root Bone

Comment

Thanks for the great system. I'm really impressed over all. I saw you are talking about an update, which is good. The lack of good upper body blending is a draw back at this point. If you have to turn or move at all and play any kind of upper body animation I think its a problem. One basically needs to change the anim graph. Correct me if I'm wrong, but the turn in place is done through a montage I dont even know if you can add another montage for just for upper body. It would be very cool if that got updated asap so I don't have to do kind of a hack job myself. I would hope to see an upper-body slot for easy blending. As for multi-player that can wait

Comment

Originally posted by GameMaster79 View Post
                            Thanks for the great system. I'm really impressed over all. I saw you are talking about an update, which is good. The lack of good upper body blending is a draw back at this point. If you have to turn or move at all and play any kind of upper body animation I think its a problem. One basically needs to change the anim graph. Correct me if I'm wrong, but the turn in place is done through a montage I dont even know if you can add another montage for just for upper body. It would be very cool if that got updated asap so I don't have to do kind of a hack job myself. I would hope to see an upper-body slot for easy blending. As for multi-player that can wait
                            Hey, Multiplayer is first on my list, but I am also working on upper body blending. Hopefully they can come in the same update.

Comment

Originally posted by KingTumTum101 View Post
                              Hmmmm ill have to do some testing. It may have to do with the calculation of variables getting messed up with such a low FPS
                              I found the problem it is inside the "Get True Physics Linear Velocity" Function, using the standard movement component velocity instead of your velocity implementation works also fine on low FPS.

Comment

Originally posted by Doktor. View Post
                                I found the problem it is inside the "Get True Physics Linear Velocity" Function, using the standard movement component velocity instead of your velocity implementation works also fine on low FPS.
                                Ahhh I see. For the next update I will use the Standard Movement Component Velocity. I was using the "Get True Physics Linear Velocity" because whenever I had 'maintain horizontal ground velocity' unchecked, it wouldn't return the right velocity, or at least the right velocity rotation.

Comment

Working...
                                X