Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by suicidal.banana View Post
    ^ Thats basically up to KingTumTum.

Like said first i wanna add a few more features, and go over everything again to make sure its running as optimized as it can (for example im seeing a very occasional 'micro spaz' atm, pretty sure thats cuz bits and pieces are conflicting)
    After that id be happy to send it all back to KingTumTum, although i do kinda feel like a little compensation would be in order, considering how (imho) vital IK is in a locomotion system, so yea, maybe if i could get a percentage of the cut on future sales, or a (partial) refund on the system itself, that be nice. Again, all up to KingTumTum, i dont really wanna come across as somebody just here to make money, i just do realize that IK is apparently one of the harder subjects of UE4, so i'd be willing to share it, but yea, i would like a little 'return' on my efforts.

If thats not agree-able, thats fine too, thats why i share the links that got me to where i am now, all it really takes for people to do this themselves is some time and logic thinking
    Hey thats looking pretty good!

Ive been experimenting with some IK as well and have gotten a pretty decent and efficient system working. Basically I am using the IK bones in the rig, a LegIK node (so the legs follow the IK bones which has animation baked into them) and then using traces to get an offset value, and then using that to transform the IK bones up or down (I also offset the hips). This way I can have IK that works during the locomotion cycles instead of just standing still. It still needs some work but its pretty good for starting out.

Comment

Originally posted by gotgrassct View Post
      I really wanna use this character system with inventory systems that i've downloaded from the marketplace, but it's so hard to do so. How would i get this system to work in another character blueprint?
      The best way would probably be to just copy what you need into your existing blueprints. As long as you send the correct vaules over to the animbp (make sure you update the references and re-hook the wires) you should be ok. You can use my support email if you have any more questions or run into problems.

Comment

How to prevent this happening when turning around in TFP mode?

Attached Files
        Last edited by IndieCrusader; 02-19-2017, 08:41 PM.
        Don't let your dreams be memes!
        https://youtu.be/5-sfG8BV8wU

Comment

Originally posted by IndieCrusader View Post
          How to prevent this happening when turning around in TFP mode?
          You could try clamping the camera angle.

Comment

[MENTION=24501]KingTumTum101[/MENTION] about the IK:
            Nice
            Ok then you wont need my work lol.

Been going over my own IK again to improve it a bit, and was pointed to a very well documented tutorial, that may be of use to you aswell http://unrealdevelop.org/2016/11/15/...acement-setup/

Btw personally i decided to just use the foot_l and foot_r bones, not the ik_foot_l and ik_foot_r, reason is that im not sure what skeleton i may end up using, and therefor idk if my final character will have those bones. (and in the animations i have from ALS, they dont animate either)

[MENTION=40971]IndieCrusader[/MENTION] about the clamping of camera angle:
            Look on page 1, somebody made a video tutorial for that..
            Last edited by suicidal.banana; 02-20-2017, 09:52 AM.

Comment

This looks amazing. Before I purchase, would you mind telling me how this would work on a moving surface? The character would need to be able to walk on a ship while it pitches and rolls, and another modified version of the Third Person BP I tried couldn't do that at all.

Thanks, and great work!

Comment

Originally posted by Lands Unknown View Post
                This looks amazing. Before I purchase, would you mind telling me how this would work on a moving surface? The character would need to be able to walk on a ship while it pitches and rolls, and another modified version of the Third Person BP I tried couldn't do that at all.

Thanks, and great work!
                Hmmm...The only testing I've done has been with simple moving platforms like elevators and conveyor belts. I'm honestly not sure about pitching and rolling. It should be OK as long as the capsule stays oriented upward, but if you are changing the capsules orientation as well then I'm not entirely sure.

If you decide to purchase it than id be glad to help you out if problems arise.

Comment

Originally posted by KingTumTum101 View Post
                  Hmmm...The only testing I've done has been with simple moving platforms like elevators and conveyor belts. I'm honestly not sure about pitching and rolling. It should be OK as long as the capsule stays oriented upward, but if you are changing the capsules orientation as well then I'm not entirely sure.

If you decide to purchase it than id be glad to help you out if problems arise.
                  If it works on elevators and conveyor belts, that's good enough. The capsule never changes orientation.

Thanks for the reply, will try to purchase tonight!

Comment

Originally posted by Lands Unknown View Post
                    If it works on elevators and conveyor belts, that's good enough. The capsule never changes orientation.

Thanks for the reply, will try to purchase tonight!
                    Ok. I do calculate the linear velocity and then subtract the velocity of whatever the player is standing on. If this causes issues just tell me and I will show you how to fix it.

Comment

One bigger improvement that you could do is to separate the input handling from the character into a player controller. It's quite the pain in the *** to rip out all the inputs from the character and replacing the inputs with events and functions so that AI controllers can use the same character too.

Comment

Originally posted by jonimake View Post
                        One bigger improvement that you could do is to separate the input handling from the character into a player controller. It's quite the pain in the *** to rip out all the inputs from the character and replacing the inputs with events and functions so that AI controllers can use the same character too.
                        Ok Ill take that into consideration. Ive never used a player controller before.

Comment

Just tested and so far it works, but the idle animation is missing. Anyone else getting this error?

Comment

ok, I Already buyed this! DD

so, one question. I must copy all to my character blueprint in the hardway or there is a easy and fast way to do it?

Comment

Originally posted by NightmareSystem View Post
                              ok, I Already buyed this! DD

so, one question. I must copy all to my character blueprint in the hardway or there is a easy and fast way to do it?
                              Unfortunately you might have to do it the hard way...as far as I know there is no easy way to merge Blueprints. If you run into any issues you can email my support email.

Comment

So can this be used to control AI movement?

Can anyone who has the package comment on potential ease of AI integration?

Has anyone tried adding/creating new animations to blend in eg holding weapons/stealthy crouches? Is it difficult to grasp?

Trying to learn animation since seeing this post, very tempted to buy but still on fence until i can understand what it does exactly.

Regards
                                Slinky

Comment

Working...
                                X