Advanced Locomotion System V3

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TClark1988 View Post
    Did I violate a rule? If I did, then I will remove my posts.
    I think what they're getting at is that rather than having someone e-mail you for your information on an individual bases, you could post what you have here and future readers would also be helped by it, which is the purpose of these forums.

Comment

You need to edit the "TurnInPlace_AnimNotifyState" and replace 2 nodes in all 3 tabs there, so 6 nodes at all. The "Cast To ALS_AnimBP" and the "Start Turn in Place" node. Best thing is to rename your own retargeted ALS_AnimBP, so you can distinguish the original and your new one. And uncheck "context sensitive" when you search for that nodes..
      This seems the solution? Quoted from the marketplace page

Last edited by BulleTime; 03-04-2018, 11:46 AM.

Comment

Hello everyone,

I'm trying to find out how I disabled the foot correction and I was hoping for some advice.

First a small video showing what's supposed to happen.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ub5bafufhs...53.02.mp4?dl=0

Now a video showing what my character is doing.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/twwjxtyb60...34.01.mp4?dl=0

It almost seems as though I've managed to disable the foot correction altogether. I haven't changed the mesh or done anything with the IK system. Any ideas on where to look for fixing this issue?

Comment

I read somewhere that you were going to overhaul your code base to improve this asset. As a customer, I wanted to draw your attention to this upcoming stream which might prove to be useful

Comment

Originally posted by orlandov View Post

I think what they're getting at is that rather than having someone e-mail you for your information on an individual bases, you could post what you have here and future readers would also be helped by it, which is the purpose of these forums.
            Exactly. Sorry if I came across a bit harsh.
            escalation1985.com

Comment

Originally posted by KingTumTum101 View Post

So, the most likely issue is that you haven't freed the linear constraints on the hip bone. Because of this, when the actor gets moved to the pelvis location, it brings the root joint along with it, but since the linear constraints on the pelvis are locked, it fights to stay above the root joint, resulting in your character gettin launched up in the air. Also, don't forget to disable any collision on the root physics body, since it will go inside the pelvis physics body.

As for the error, that's my mistake. I forgot to switch a node before I updated it. If you go into the component, find the Manage Movement modes graph, inside it find the Event tick events, open up the Ragdoll graph, and near the end you should two nodes, one not being used. Switch the input to the one not being used and you should be good.
              I'm having issues with this as well It seems to ragdoll on the server and for other clients, but for the owning client it sends the pawn flying into the air, any ideas on whats going on?
              Last edited by OverRated_AU; 03-11-2018, 10:14 AM.

Comment

Kia ora

Sorry bout the repost but still needing help

I'm slowly getting to know what I'm doing. I would like to put the scroll wheel into use so I can use it as a zoom on the char, either from third to first along with the key
                press or just as a limited method to change the camera distance for when the Char is in buildings to limit camera clipping or in some case's where you loose sight of the char all together because of a wall. I'm thinking something like the Skyrim controller can scroll in and out to some degree in thrid person

Is this possible with your setup

Comment

Originally posted by Enraged91 View Post
                  Hello everyone,

I'm trying to find out how I disabled the foot correction and I was hoping for some advice.

First a small video showing what's supposed to happen.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ub5bafufhs...53.02.mp4?dl=0

Now a video showing what my character is doing.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/twwjxtyb60...34.01.mp4?dl=0

It almost seems as though I've managed to disable the foot correction altogether. I haven't changed the mesh or done anything with the IK system. Any ideas on where to look for fixing this issue?
                  I'm still not able to figure out why the foot correction is gone. Does anyone at least know where this part is located? For instance if I wanted to disable it, where would I go to do that?

Comment

Ahoy! i’ve been using this system and have been very happy with it for almost a year now, one thing I’m trying to figure out:
                    Does anyone know how to limit rotating the character’s head only when the camera angle is facing the forward 180 degrees? Aka when facing the character with the camera, have the head snap back to looking straight forward and not rotating with the camera?

Comment

Kia ora

Seems like this thread is dead another seller gone? anyway I have 4.19 and I get screens of this when I run the game.

How do I fix this or is it an update to 4.19 thats needed?
                      Attached Files

Comment

Just checked out the newly released V3. I'm not sure if it's a problem with 4.19.2 issue or not but when playing the level I get momentary freezes, when I unfreeze it appears the camera kept moving as it snaps to a new view. I don't have this problem running V2's demo level on 4.17

Comment

I have the same problem. The developer doesnt seem active on this thread though. Go to his discord. The link is in the new test map on the wall.

Comment

Advanced locomotion V3 Bug

hello all recently I have used the new version of locomotion v3
                            I think it's fantastic
                            but I have had a big problem
                            all the characters that I have imported
                            they have this strange deformity
                            however I'm using the epic bone structure
                            Am I missing some step?

Click image for larger version  Name:	sssss.jpg Views:	1 Size:	165.9 KB ID:	1478431

Comment

jonathan light
                              Did you import the mesh and then assign/reassign it to the actual als skeleton? I would try changing the retargeting options from "animation" to "skeleton" on some of those bones in that area to see what effect it has.

I tried the pack with a few meshes and it seemed okay by just importing them in and just assigning to als skeleton instead of its own.

Comment

UE4 4.19 fresh Project doesnt run in standalone mode? get a black screen then a crash.

Edit: Tested, it works fine on a packaged project, odd that its not working on a standalone test...
                                Last edited by Swashbucklingfox; 05-21-2018, 07:46 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X