No announcement yet.

Advanced Locomotion System V3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello, this is honestly one of the best movement systems out there but unfortunately I think I'm too far into my project to use it entirely. What I am trying to pull right now is the IK system from the 2nd update. Off the top of your head what pieces would I need to move over to get that system working on another character?

I've transferred everything I can see from the AnimBP and Skeleton already.

I'd really appreciate your help thanks!

Comment

Nevermind...
      Last edited by Nightasy; 11-09-2017, 11:07 PM.

Comment

I'm having problems getting the foot IK to work. I've added relevant bones to the rig/armature. I'm using Blender. I retargeted and added the post process BP to the mesh. When I enable foot IK the feet twist and are raised above the ground. There's mention of adding a point and orient constraint to the IK bones. I've not done anything like that and I'm unsure how to go about it in Blender. What should the constraints be linked to, the foot bones?

Comment

Originally posted by KingTumTum101 View Post

So, the most likely issue is that you haven't freed the linear constraints on the hip bone. Because of this, when the actor gets moved to the pelvis location, it brings the root joint along with it, but since the linear constraints on the pelvis are locked, it fights to stay above the root joint, resulting in your character gettin launched up in the air. Also, don't forget to disable any collision on the root physics body, since it will go inside the pelvis physics body.

As for the error, that's my mistake. I forgot to switch a node before I updated it. If you go into the component, find the Manage Movement modes graph, inside it find the Event tick events, open up the Ragdoll graph, and near the end you should two nodes, one not being used. Switch the input to the one not being used and you should be good.
          Hi! First of all, awesome system.
          I have the same problem of GeeksGoneBad, but I can not figure out how to solve it ... maybe my situation is not exactly the same. My custom character has no root bone, it starts directly with the pelvis. When goes on ragdool, the character flying up while twisting on himself. When I try to "get up" the mesh goes in T-position while the rest of the system seems to unhook from it and drop down. Then i can use the character normally, except for the mesh, locked in t-pose in air.
          Also i can't find the two nodes in the ragdoll graph that u mentioned.

Can u help me?

Comment

It seems that the foot IK implementation will not work for me with characters exported from Blender as it's using modify bone on the IK bones instead of sockets.

Comment

Hi, Im little bit confuse how AnimNotify_Stopping event working? Its call from anim or blueprint somewhere? I'm using custom movement anim and other with weapon.

I didnt see anything about how to call AnimNotify_Stopping this even to let stop anim working naturally.

Comment

Hello,

How in ALS implemented that Mesh ignores yaw rotation of it's parent component (CapsuleComponent)? With mouse I rotate camera (and capsule), but mesh completely ignores this rotation (SetAbsoluteRotation or something). I can't find code responsible for this behavior.
                Attached Files
                Last edited by Neste; 11-21-2017, 05:31 AM.

Comment

FWIW I've ran into same issue, where the capsule component and mesh component get desynced (somehow; I haven't invested any time into it yet), ALS is getting rotation from the controller and somehow that gets wonky after some actions.

Comment

Sadly this entire system just feels super wonky, I'm pretty sure what Neste stated is what's causing my errors, it seems as if Root Motion won't exactly play in the correct direction because of the Capsule sticking in one direction, after looking through all of the blueprints, I'm not exactly sure how I can resolve this issue, and I'm thinking of completely disregarding this animation system soon, it's not clean sadly.

I did notice however that animations/abilities are playing properly on the server-side (for the most part), so it seems like this might be a replication problem.

EDIT: Seems like the mesh goes back to 0,0,0 when an AnimMontage is playing, the capsule however works from what I can see, but the root motion just doesn't want to work...

EDIT2: May have found a fix, added my 'PlayingAbility' boolean in the Shouldn'tRotate function

EDIT3: I had to edit a lot, still not perfect, sometimes when playing AnimMontages, clients looking at other clients doing attacks looks really buggy, and sometimes jitters all over the place, or goes in rotation of 0,0,0, like I stated before. Really weird, even after removing a bunch of things, going to look into another solution tonight.
                    Last edited by FirstCrimson; 11-25-2017, 08:09 PM.
                    Lead Developer of Blades of Orterra | Facebook | Twitter | Official Website

Comment

Originally posted by Neste View Post
                      Hello,

How in ALS implemented that Mesh ignores yaw rotation of it's parent component (CapsuleComponent)? With mouse I rotate camera (and capsule), but mesh completely ignores this rotation (SetAbsoluteRotation or something). I can't find code responsible for this behavior.
                      It's in the animation blueprint, this was giving me trouble too.

It's done that way because it resolves some replication issues regarding orient to movement. I'm not sure if this issue is still relevant, but it's designed to take care of that.

Comment

For anyone (like myself) that is trying to set it so that the character will always face the direction the player is facing, rather than just the direction the player is moving. There are two Set World Rotation nodes that need to be disabled. One in the ALS_Component and the other in the set mesh rotation in the blueprint. Took me ages to figure our why my character was rotating on the client but not on the **** server and was always pointing in one direction.

Comment

I've used ALS for a little while now. I saw a lot of comments with people saying that this doesn't work for putting in your own characters, etc. and it definitely does.

But that's not what I came to say, because while I can easily put my own characters in the documentation was very unhelpful and I was only able to achieve this because it's a system I'm capable of building myself regardless (but wanted to save time).

So to the Author, there are some things that really need to happen.

* A clear and concise tutorial on integrating your own characters
                          * An updated version of the project that has a minimal implementation and instead of having enums to change different modes etc just have separate blueprints for each one to show as examples
                          * Better documentation that covers everything you need to know

In it's current state it is super unfriendly.

Comment

Originally posted by Vaei View Post
                            I've used ALS for a little while now. I saw a lot of comments with people saying that this doesn't work for putting in your own characters, etc. and it definitely does.

But that's not what I came to say, because while I can easily put my own characters in the documentation was very unhelpful and I was only able to achieve this because it's a system I'm capable of building myself regardless (but wanted to save time).

So to the Author, there are some things that really need to happen.

* A clear and concise tutorial on integrating your own characters
                            * An updated version of the project that has a minimal implementation and instead of having enums to change different modes etc just have separate blueprints for each one to show as examples
                            * Better documentation that covers everything you need to know

In it's current state it is super unfriendly.

Yeah :\
                            Whenever I want to make a small modification, I get a headache.
                            There is soo much stuff to understand.
                            Discord: OP #5992

Comment

Does anybody know, is there any way to disable Rotation Towards Velocity feature?

Comment

Hello. I'm trying to fix two bugs, maybe someone already fixed one of them (or both )
                                I'm using unreal engine 4.18.When I start the demo scene, the character doesn't rotate with the camera. However, if I switch my camera to FP and then Back to TP, it works.

Second bug: After retargeting and everything, my ragdoll is falling through the floor. For testing, I deleted all capsules but hips and root, for both, my retargeted character and the original one.
                                Then copied every single setting in the physics editor from those two capsules/spheres. The original one still works, just with less collision (rolls around^^)
                                My retargeted character still falls through :/

I deleted all capsules, because I only had to match root and pelvis settings. So the error seems to be somewhere else :/

Thanks for any help.

edit: If I put the physics asset direct to the scene, with "simulate physics", it falls to the floor like normal.

Comment

Working...
                                X