No announcement yet.

Advanced Locomotion System V3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello Unreal 4 Beginner here' With only Knowledge of Creating basic Third Person Blueprints, do you have any documents or tutorials About Adding more Animation States/Squances Like Crouching, or Shooting or Combat.

Comment

It's possible to rotate ALS Character in level blueprint? I always used this method https://imgur.com/qG4t9SO, but it's not work with ALS. =(

Comment

Hey KingTumTum101,

I purchased this pack the other day and I was able to get it into my project without any issues. Looks great! Then I tried to figure out how to extend it and add some more animations and I was a little lost... I've been using UE for 8-9 years now, although I admit I'm more comfortable with code than blueprints... anyway, I came here and read this thread from beginning to end and well, I think I'm more lost now!

Like others, I've purchased some of Kubold's animation packs, Character Interaction, etc. and I would love to know how to integrate these. I know documentation for something like this can be daunting. If I may make a suggestion?

I think one thing that would really help people and likely cut back on a lot of these questions you're getting, is to make a simple video where in your demo scene, you add a cube and put a rifle on top of it, and then walk us through how you would have the character walk over to it, pick up the gun and go into the new state machine for the rifle animation, either Kubold's or even the free Animation Starter Pack if you don't have it. Then put down the gun and go back into the standard animations. And if there's enough time (or maybe in a second video), you could toss in a swimming pool and add the Instant Swimmable Water pack or similar and show us how you would go into a swimming animation, or maybe a crouch since those would include lower body and may be a little different in terms of IK and so forth.

You wouldn't even necessarily have to narrate it. As long as you went a little slow and maybe added some onscreen text when necessary, I think it would be enough to help us to follow your logic on how to extend it. I noticed where one person tried to do some of this on their own and ended up making a lot more work for themselves than necessary... if we see the way you would do it, that would certainly alleviate some of that.

If you don't want to do the video, I'll be happy to do it for you if you can help me and walk me through some of the steps via email.

Anyway, just a thought!
        Last edited by speedpacer; 09-18-2017, 05:52 AM.

Comment

Hi, I just purchased this to help improve my movement system, What is the best way to implement it into my own project? (I'm not reusing any character/rig/anim, its all bespoke)

thx!

Comment

Originally posted by Lumina3D View Post
            It's possible to rotate ALS Character in level blueprint? I always used this method https://imgur.com/qG4t9SO, but it's not work with ALS. =(
            Yes and No,

In third person camera with the classic movement for rotation, you must do that in the Animation BP so, you can try to make a interface call to do it.

Let's me be precise, in ABP, there is a fuction called "Set Mesh Rotation" there is where you must do the change in the rotation with the new values
            Last edited by NightmareSystem; 09-25-2017, 05:08 PM.

Comment

I recently decided to use a custom character and have everything re-targeted and the only thing I can't seem to get working so far is the Get Up animations. I tried to make sure to replace references to the old Mannequin animations with the retargeted ones. I've read through the entire thread and documentation but can't quite figure out what I'm missing.

Does anyone have a checklist of things to do for making the Get Up animations,etc. work with a custom character? The animations themselves look fine, but don't fire when the key is pressed, the character just pops up and has immediate input response.

Thanks for the amazing system, definitely have some advanced goals but just want to get the basics working right now.

Comment

Is possible to implement a 180 turn? I mean, if you see to the front and pres down you could see to the camara. The same with the left to right.

Comment

Is there a reason why you have the Mesh Component Update Flag set to "Always Tick Pose and Refresh Bones" instead of the default of "Always Tick Pose"? Is it a Ragdoll consideration?

Comment

Originally posted by Xodroc View Post

Does anyone have a checklist of things to do for making the Get Up animations,etc. work with a custom character? The animations themselves look fine, but don't fire when the key is pressed, the character just pops up and has immediate input response.
                    Got an answer via email. Turns out I was missing the Component settings in the character BP itself, simple oversight. I was only looking for references in the blueprints.

Comment

Trying to use ALS to make a first person character. What I want is for the mesh rotation to be locked to the First Person camera (just like a standard FPS). Right now the player mesh turns left and right due to the TurnInPlace, and the system doesn't seem easily tweaked just to make the player always face wherever the camera is looking. Anyone know how?

Comment

I wish to know is it possible to add animations for shoting equipe etc but in documentary does not show how to only explanations what is what

Comment

Exporting animations from Mixamo works well on the standard SK_Mannequin, but for the one in ALS the upper body works fine but not the lower body, the feet are stuck in place...
                          Anyone please ?

Comment

This asset looks great. But in the end people buying this are most likely not coders or professionals and dont know how to implement new stances like crouching or going prone, lean and peek, very basic shooting mechanics, swimming etc. It would be nice if you could add these "features" but without the need for high quality animations (these can be replaced with animations bought from other places). I myself know a bit of UE4 and BP and Animations but still dont get it how to implement them myself. Most people considering buying something like this want these included in the first place. I hope you are working on V3 with adding these and other stuff, it would be also nice if you could make simple basic tutorials (video or text with images). You could make your asset more expensive after V3, many would still buy it and you could profit from a V3 update. Thanks.

Also have a look at the marketplace page. The user "CrashA51" wrote some stuff regarding adding these stances for himself but has problems which we all can have since these are not implemented "natively" by you.
                            Last edited by CryRealUnity; 10-18-2017, 06:30 AM.

Comment

Has anyone mastered how to get the turning to be as reactive as the player / mouse moves? I tried cutting down the curves and increasing interp speed. That made it very choppy turns but definitely more responsive. If anyone wants to add crouch or prone etc.. Starting at page 17 has great info to get you there.

Comment

Hey there,

We're using ALS for the current game we're working on, and in the game we have a character creation screen where the player character that's using ALS is in the Character Creator basically, using mouse drag.

We've tried rotating the PC in almost every possible way, and all in all, the character ends up simply turning from pelvis up. We've tried "ActorRelativeRotation" we've tried "Set Character Rotation" through the animation blueprint, but we could not get the character to simply rotate. We've tried the "Mesh Rotator" from the ALS component and there's nothing we managed to make work in this instance.

I've also accessed Mesh Rotation but to no avail, the character simply turns from waist up and looks back. I've noticed a person asked how to do this in the level blueprint, ours is using the controller but still the same idea. Inside the Animation Blueprint, I couldn't find the "Set Mesh Rotation" function but we've made one, and called that, to Set the Relative Rotation of the Mesh component, but still, nothing...

So if you can do a step by step for this, it would be incredible.

Comment

Working...
                                X