Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Advanced Locomotion System V3

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    I'm currently adding my own character to this system because I absolutely love this system. I am using all the same animations that came with the pack, I just retargeted them. Everything works great except one thing. The Get Up function where you enter Ragdoll then leave Ragdoll to stand back up my character breaks. My model does the animation but hes higher off the ground and the animation glitches a little bit. Then when I try to run around after getting up my model sits still and an invisible character runs around. If I enter ragdoll again it snaps back to my model and my model enters ragdoll.. anyone have any ideas why this is happening?

    Comment


      I could use some help. I am struggling to apply my own animations to the turn/rotate in place. I would like to add a gun to the third locomotion state, and I have on just about everything except for that. I have seen multiple suggestions, but I am not sure which to pursue. any advice, suggestions, comments, and help would be greatly appreciated!

      Comment


        Originally posted by Candescence View Post
        Actually, the outline component already sets the master pose, so no dice on that. I tried an array approach with the multiple meshes, but it seems it's more trouble than it's worth.
        Hey there. So My best guess is that it has to do with setting the mesh rotation manually. In my system, the mesh rotates independently from the capsule, and its rotation is set from the AnimBP (I found this works better for networked games). Whats most likely going on is the the main mesh is being rotated but the outline mesh isn't. Is is possible to make the outline mesh a child of the main mesh? That way, the outline should follow the main mesh rotation. If that doesn't work, then you might need to set the outline mesh rotation in the AnimBP as well, just like the main mesh is set.

        Hope this helps!

        Comment


          Originally posted by CoalFireGaming View Post
          I'm currently adding my own character to this system because I absolutely love this system. I am using all the same animations that came with the pack, I just retargeted them. Everything works great except one thing. The Get Up function where you enter Ragdoll then leave Ragdoll to stand back up my character breaks. My model does the animation but hes higher off the ground and the animation glitches a little bit. Then when I try to run around after getting up my model sits still and an invisible character runs around. If I enter ragdoll again it snaps back to my model and my model enters ragdoll.. anyone have any ideas why this is happening?
          Does your character have a rigid body on the root bone in the Physics Asset?

          Comment


            Originally posted by meuliano View Post
            I could use some help. I am struggling to apply my own animations to the turn/rotate in place. I would like to add a gun to the third locomotion state, and I have on just about everything except for that. I have seen multiple suggestions, but I am not sure which to pursue. any advice, suggestions, comments, and help would be greatly appreciated!
            Shoot me an email and I'll see what I can do. - longmirelocomotion@gmail.com

            Comment


              I am using the Same Character Blueprint that comes with the ALS system. I literally just retargetted my character over and then changed my Mesh to my skeletal mesh and used the retargetted AnimBP and everything works great, just the ragdoll is failing.

              Comment


                I feel like it might be something to do with the UE4 Skeletal Mesh that was implemented with the ALS system being different somehow than the Skeletal Mesh that I use. I mean the skeletons are the same and the Skeletal Mesh is a simple-fresh import so I didn't alter anything.

                Comment


                  Originally posted by CoalFireGaming View Post
                  I am using the Same Character Blueprint that comes with the ALS system. I literally just retargetted my character over and then changed my Mesh to my skeletal mesh and used the retargetted AnimBP and everything works great, just the ragdoll is failing.
                  I ran into this exact problem.

                  You have to go into the blueprint and manually choose your retargeted "get-up" animations. Because right now it's referencing the Mannequin's.
                  I'm not sure if this has to be done with any other ones.

                  It's because ALS to gives you the option to use a custom get up animation, I didn't realize that earlier xD
                  Last edited by Aumaan Anubis; 08-15-2017, 09:03 PM.

                  Comment


                    Originally posted by KingTumTum101 View Post
                    Hey there. So My best guess is that it has to do with setting the mesh rotation manually. In my system, the mesh rotates independently from the capsule, and its rotation is set from the AnimBP (I found this works better for networked games). Whats most likely going on is the the main mesh is being rotated but the outline mesh isn't. Is is possible to make the outline mesh a child of the main mesh? That way, the outline should follow the main mesh rotation. If that doesn't work, then you might need to set the outline mesh rotation in the AnimBP as well, just like the main mesh is set.

                    Hope this helps!
                    Thanks, it did! The first suggestion was already being done by the outline creation component itself, but it didn't take much to implement an interface that lets the outline component know if it needs to pass on the outline mesh to the anim BP, allowing the anim BP to set the outline mesh, set a bool to confirm that an outline mesh is present, and set the outline rotation after the main. It works fine now, thanks a lot!


                    Also, I've gone and implemented a 'state 4' that better suits my needs - it's basically state 3 with the rotation simply set to mesh rotation (since I need the anim mesh to face towards the camera for gameplay purposes, so attacks are always aimed forward, it still looks pretty good), but with the 60-degree sprint limit of state 2, but instead of walking and running, I've basically implemented running as its own movement speed state as a middle ground between 'jogging' (which I'm using in place of walking) and sprinting, which only happens when moving forward.

                    Also, for some reason, rotating/turning in place doesn't seem to be working at all with my copy of the anim BP unless I just use a rotate in place node instead of the rotate method switch. It's quite strange.

                    Comment


                      Originally posted by Candescence View Post
                      Also, I've gone and implemented a 'state 4' that better suits my needs - it's basically state 3 with the rotation simply set to mesh rotation (since I need the anim mesh to face towards the camera for gameplay purposes, so attacks are always aimed forward, it still looks pretty good), but with the 60-degree sprint limit of state 2, but instead of walking and running, I've basically implemented running as its own movement speed state as a middle ground between 'jogging' (which I'm using in place of walking) and sprinting, which only happens when moving forward.

                      Also, for some reason, rotating/turning in place doesn't seem to be working at all with my copy of the anim BP unless I just use a rotate in place node instead of the rotate method switch. It's quite strange.
                      Alright glad to hear it worked. I wonder why it wasn't rotating with the mesh even though it was a child of it? That's strange. As far as adding new locomotion states, remember that you could also replace the existing ones, modify their logic, or just remove them altogether. They are meant to be placeholders to showcase the flexibility of the system.

                      The turning in place system uses an anim notify state to call a function within the AnimBP. Its the only part of the system the directly references the AnimBP, and so the reference will need to be changed if using a different AnimBP (or you could create a new anim notify state). Just open up the AnimNotify State, recast to your new AnimBP, and then call appropriate events in the new AnimBP.

                      Comment


                        Originally posted by KingTumTum101 View Post
                        Alright glad to hear it worked. I wonder why it wasn't rotating with the mesh even though it was a child of it? That's strange. As far as adding new locomotion states, remember that you could also replace the existing ones, modify their logic, or just remove them altogether. They are meant to be placeholders to showcase the flexibility of the system.

                        The turning in place system uses an anim notify state to call a function within the AnimBP. Its the only part of the system the directly references the AnimBP, and so the reference will need to be changed if using a different AnimBP (or you could create a new anim notify state). Just open up the AnimNotify State, recast to your new AnimBP, and then call appropriate events in the new AnimBP.
                        Yeah, that's true, but making my own didn't take much effort anyway, and keeping the existing states around avoids mucking things up in the original example BP stuff so I can reliably check original settings and whatnot later on.

                        And yeah, that was the issue, I added a new cast alongside the old one so casting works with both anim BPs for now.

                        Comment


                          Kia ora

                          I'm slowly getting to know what I'm doing. I would like to put the scroll wheel into use so I can use it as a zoom on the char, either from third to first along with the key
                          press or just as a limited method to change the camera distance for when the Char is in buildings to limit camera clipping or in some case's where you loose sight of the char all together because of a wall

                          Is this possible with your setup

                          Comment


                            Hello Mr. KingTumTum101 , i'm currently in a process to meld together a few extensions i have made to the ALS for my work, and i was thinking of the updates of the marketplace project have any important changes worth to implement or i can just go with the "initial" v2 release? I have yet to seen update notes in this forum that would help me decide to whether check out the latest version or i can just go with what i have now.

                            Would you be so kind to update your first posts to log your changes (at least a one line mention that points to certain areas of the project) so to have a better idea where we are going with the updates (if there was any) ?
                            * Sharp and responsive Temporal Anti-Aliasing tips and tricks
                            * Pitch-shift source effect (DSP) over the network (VOIP)
                            * My Portfolio and Developer Blog

                            Comment


                              How do I change the mannequin mesh from the default one to something different? Currently trying to change it to a Mixamo one with no luck.
                              Don't let your dreams be memes!
                              https://youtu.be/5-sfG8BV8wU

                              Comment


                                Hi! I'm having a small problem here, if I fall from an platform using an animation montage, the AnimationBP, does a strange thing. it's doesn't enter in "fall" state or "jump" state, the bp just doesn't nothing.

                                I tried add more conditions, but I don't make this work, Anyone had this problem and know the solution?

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X