Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SaxonRah View Post
    Oh will that work?

I might be missing something because when I did that, the ik works kinda but oddly, like it doesn't separate the legs. i assumed it was from my skeleton having no ik bones.
    http://imgur.com/a/5rz8x
    IK bones can be weird. In order for the IK to work, both the skeleton AND the skeletal mesh need to have the IK bones. Even if a mesh is using a skeleton with the IK bones, it still needs to have them on the mesh. Its weird, but thats the way it works. Does the internal organ mesh have IK bones?

Comment

Originally posted by KingTumTum101 View Post
      You can change the jump animation in the "Choose Falling Anim Params" pure function. Thats where you can also set the start, apex, and end time so the jump can sync.
      Thanks.

How can i remove the state 2 locomotion camera offset?

And how can i prevent the odd feet movement once i view the character from the front?
      See https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TLg8cM3tE6I
      LEGENDS of EPICA [Twitter] [Facebook] [YouTube] [Vimeo]

Comment

That seems to be a retargeting issue. Does that character's skeleton have different proportions?
        Retargeted to epic skeleton, but using a Fuse model.

Comment

IK bones can be weird. In order for the IK to work, both the skeleton AND the skeletal mesh need to have the IK bones. Even if a mesh is using a skeleton with the IK bones, it still needs to have them on the mesh. Its weird, but thats the way it works. Does the internal organ mesh have IK bones?
          No it doesn't unfortunately. Thats why i thought it was expected the ik didnt work.
          Youtube
          Machine Learning C++ Plugin
          Lindenmayer System C++ Plugin

Comment

Originally posted by SaxonRah View Post
            No it doesn't unfortunately. Thats why i thought it was expected the ik didnt work.
            My best advice would be to take the model into a DCC and add the proper bones (unweighted) into the hierarchy. Then import as a new skeletal asset and retarget the animations, making sure the IK bones are mapped in the retargeting settings.

Comment

Originally posted by unit23 View Post
              Thanks.

How can i remove the state 2 locomotion camera offset?

And how can i prevent the odd feet movement once i view the character from the front?
              Ok, so to remove the camera offset, open up the characterBP and find the 'Choose Camera Settings' function (pure). In there you can adjust the camera offsets and lag speed depending on different conditions, like sprinting or locomotion state.

As for the odd feet movement, well, thats because the character is trying to turn in place. Do you want the character to turn in place? If you do, then I can try to walk you through setting it up, and if not then you can just remove the 'TurnInPlaceCheck' function from the turn in place graph of the animBP.

Comment

Ok, so to remove the camera offset, open up the characterBP and find the 'Choose Camera Settings' function (pure). In there you can adjust the camera offsets and lag speed depending on different conditions, like sprinting or locomotion state.

As for the odd feet movement, well, thats because the character is trying to turn in place. Do you want the character to turn in place? If you do, then I can try to walk you through setting it up, and if not then you can just remove the 'TurnInPlaceCheck' function from the turn in place graph of the animBP.
                Thanks, will do without the in place movement for now.

There is a new issue i came across, I went to the entire topic looking for attack animation handling, but so far not much it appears.

I've made a quick video https://youtu.be/J4H_DW3yFUw showcasing basic adjustments to the AnimBP AnimGraph. Added blendspaces for one hand weapon, and added a bool trigger, with a blend per bone on pelvis (changed to thig_l and thig_r, still issue remains), to have attack animations blend with feet movement. While this doesn't work, there is another issue when my player character mesh, part of it remains in the idle or moving state, and another part plays the attack animations without any effect for the blend per bone. The attack montages are set to the FullBody slot and Syncgroup Locomotion (index 0), and this only happens when i play those attack animations.

My questions are in regards to adding additional animation montages, how to integrate extra montages into the AnimBP.
                Do montages need extra edits, like adding curves?
                Do I have to edit something else besides inside the root AnimGraph to blend montages properly?
                Should I use an extra slot for my montages?

And do you have any thoughts why my patchwork character mesh (assembled from different meshes), plays so differently during montages?

This setup also not working (with spine), works on my other characters. Also removed the syncgroup value from the montages.
                Click image for larger version

Name:	tick.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	205.9 KB
ID:	1131622

Montages do not blend feet movement with a single full standard character mesh.
                Last edited by unit23; 07-27-2017, 04:13 PM.

Comment

Eventually i was able to make montage work with adding a new slot group/node.

Click image for larger version

Name:	animbp.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	186.9 KB
ID:	1131781

Comment

Feedback

After working 2-3 days with ALS, my main issues with the component are:

I am missing a place to edit the main variables, as it is now, you literally have to go through several functions, edit values in place, or to extend existing node or state setups. Variables sorted in categories named Bools, or AnimGraph, are not really that informative. The documentation displays each function, with some basic info, about 30 or 40 of it. Pretty overwhelming when you start.

The second and more important part missing, a design with an established setup for users to easily add their swimming movement mode (set a bool, and add your montage style in one place) or for flying, etc.
                    A clear quick setup documentation would likely reduce setup time, ie FAQ style. How can i add swimming animation? How can i add my attack montage?

While i lack the experience to say if this component is designed too complicated, it does its job, and i do not regret the buy, but some documentation improvements would certainly improve the experience.

Comment

Finally managed to sort out the IK bones so they work correctly on steps. But something is still not right - take a look at the video - tried various retargeting approaches, this is the best I get - but still walks like he has a carrot up his a#@ :-) I'm using the standard animations that came in the system. Retargeted a few kubold walk animations - got the same result.

Any ideas?
                      Last edited by Macw0lf; 07-29-2017, 06:29 PM.

Comment

Was there any conclusion on retargetting? I'm getting a problem where only some of the Animations get re targeted when trying to retarget the als_animBP.

Comment

Originally posted by Macw0lf View Post
                          but still walks like he has a carrot up his a#@ :-)
                          Why specifically a carrot? xD

He's not lifting his feet per-step for some reason, as for his overall posture it does just look like a retarget issue. Try offsetting is pelvis (either forward or back) in the retarget pose.
                          Last edited by Aumaan Anubis; 07-30-2017, 02:48 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Aumaan Anubis View Post
                            Why specifically a carrot? xD

He's not lifting his feet per-step for some reason, as for his overall posture it does just look like a retarget issue. Try offsetting is pelvis (either forward or back) in the retarget pose.
                            Will give that a try.

Anyone wanna take a look and maybe help ? I have some $ I can direct into getting the character properly integrated into my project.

Comment

Originally posted by Macw0lf View Post
                              Will give that a try.

Anyone wanna take a look and maybe help ? I have some $ I can direct into getting the character properly integrated into my project.
                              Hey, sorry been busy so I havent been able to check the forums in a bit. Seems to me like its a retargeting issue. The IK seems to be working, so I know the feet are following the IK bones, which leads me to believe the animation on the IK bones are the problem. Try disabling the IK animbp and see if the results are different. Also, you can turn on bone visibility in the animation window so you can see how they animate. Just remember to disable the IK animBP so it doesnt affect the bones in the Animation window.

Comment

Originally posted by unit23 View Post
                                Feedback

After working 2-3 days with ALS, my main issues with the component are:

I am missing a place to edit the main variables, as it is now, you literally have to go through several functions, edit values in place, or to extend existing node or state setups. Variables sorted in categories named Bools, or AnimGraph, are not really that informative. The documentation displays each function, with some basic info, about 30 or 40 of it. Pretty overwhelming when you start.

The second and more important part missing, a design with an established setup for users to easily add their swimming movement mode (set a bool, and add your montage style in one place) or for flying, etc.
                                A clear quick setup documentation would likely reduce setup time, ie FAQ style. How can i add swimming animation? How can i add my attack montage?

While i lack the experience to say if this component is designed too complicated, it does its job, and i do not regret the buy, but some documentation improvements would certainly improve the experience.
                                Ill see what I can do tutorial wise. Still putting things together and testing with other animpacks. To add a new movement mode, like swimming, simply add logic in the needed places, just like the grounded, falling, and ragdoll movement modes. The system uses a lot of "Switch on EMovementMode", so adding movement modes is just a matter of switching to that movement mode and adding the proper logic. You can add a swimming State in the Default Locomotion State Machine and transition in / out of it if the Movement mode Equals / does not equal Swimming.

Comment

Working...
                                X