Advanced Locomotion System V3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KingTumTum101 View Post
    Where exactly do you assign/set/change the jump animation?
    LEGENDS of EPICA [Twitter] [Facebook] [YouTube] [Vimeo]

Comment

Originally posted by GeeksGoneBad View Post
      OK I've moved the camera blueprint stuff over as well and now I can press 1,2,3 and the camera adjusts as you'd expect, but still no turning in place - weird because I think everything else is working - even ragdoll and get up

I missed one thing somewhere for sure but it's so complex I'm having trouble finding what I missed
      Did you fixed this, same problem here, happens with default ALS anim instance or mine.

Comment

How do you remove the camera offset in the second locomotion state?

Comment

How can i change the IK post process to set a more linear leg formation?

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	138.1 KB
ID:	1131443

Comment

Would it involve alot of work to change the skeleton to a different model im using. I cant retarget my model as it uses different bones and bone structure. Thanks

Comment

I have successfully retargeted everything to my mesh except for ik which is due to my skeletal mesh not having ik bones so that's fine. If anyone cares to know, im using the human internal organ model from the marketplace.
              Problem is the only thing i could not get working is the montage play get up front and back after ragdoll. I made sure everything was set like animation variables in als component and checking the reference to the ones in the anim bp for the checks if montage playing, its the only part i dont have working.

it works like this, it honestly doesn't look bad at all, but those two montages are the only thing missing.

http://imgur.com/a/Nwv8Z

anyone have any ideas?

I fixed this by duplicating the skeletal mesh i wanted. Then right clicking on it in the content browser, and by assigning als's skeleton to the new mesh. since the bones matched 1 to 1, it works flawlessly now except for foot ik, but that's expected because there is no weights on the new mesh's ik bones from the assignment.
              Last edited by SaxonRah; 07-24-2017, 09:48 PM.
              Youtube
              Machine Learning C++ Plugin
              Lindenmayer System C++ Plugin

Comment

Just purchased system - looks really great :-)

I am trying to integrate with an existing project.
                I migrated the assets over, and successfully retargeted to my skeleton - had to add physics body to root bone and configure. Now it works great with new character.

But I was hoping to get it working with some of the combat animations I have (it is a dungeon hack and slash)
                I have some sets of animations from Marketplace - 2 handed, sword and shield, bow - several different combat stances.

How hard is it to integrate these?
                I tried just doing upper body blend, but the resulting stance looks incorrect.

Do I just need to recreate the locomotion blendspaces using the new animations?
                Or will I need to mess with the stopping and turning stuff (which is more work)

Thanks for any feedback - and great work on the system :-)
                https://www.casualdistractiongames.com

Comment

Originally posted by SaxonRah View Post
                  I fixed this by duplicating the skeletal mesh i wanted. Then right clicking on it in the content browser, and by assigning als's skeleton to the new mesh. since the bones matched 1 to 1, it works flawlessly now except for foot ik, but that's expected because there is no weights on the new mesh's ik bones from the assignment.
                  Did you created the two virtual bones of the default ALS mesh, and assigned the post process anim bp inside your new character mesh, and then named the IK bones inside the post process anim bp IK nodes the same?

Comment

Originally posted by unit23 View Post
                    Did you created the two virtual bones of the default ALS mesh, and assigned the post process anim bp inside your new character mesh, and then named the IK bones inside the post process anim bp IK nodes the same?
                    Oh will that work?

I might be missing something because when I did that, the ik works kinda but oddly, like it doesn't separate the legs. i assumed it was from my skeleton having no ik bones.
                    http://imgur.com/a/5rz8x
                    Youtube
                    Machine Learning C++ Plugin
                    Lindenmayer System C++ Plugin

Comment

Where exactly do you assign/set/change the jump animation?
                      You can change the jump animation in the "Choose Falling Anim Params" pure function. Thats where you can also set the start, apex, and end time so the jump can sync.

Comment

Did you fixed this, same problem here, happens with default ALS anim instance or mine.
                        You have to cast to a new AnimBP in the anim notify state if you are using a new AnimBP, and you also have to add that anim notify state to the proper animations, and make sure that the correct curve gets chosen in the "ChooseTurnInPlaceCurve" function.

Comment

How can i change the IK post process to set a more linear leg formation?
                          That seems to be a retargeting issue. Does that character's skeleton have different proportions?

Comment

Originally posted by StrobeGaming View Post
                            Would it involve alot of work to change the skeleton to a different model im using. I cant retarget my model as it uses different bones and bone structure. Thanks
                            It really all depends. If you cant retarget the model, then it would be harder. You can create your own animaitons and use the empty animbp to keep the logic.

Comment

Originally posted by SaxonRah View Post
                              I have successfully retargeted everything to my mesh except for ik which is due to my skeletal mesh not having ik bones so that's fine. If anyone cares to know, im using the human internal organ model from the marketplace.
                              Problem is the only thing i could not get working is the montage play get up front and back after ragdoll. I made sure everything was set like animation variables in als component and checking the reference to the ones in the anim bp for the checks if montage playing, its the only part i dont have working.

it works like this, it honestly doesn't look bad at all, but those two montages are the only thing missing.

http://imgur.com/a/Nwv8Z

anyone have any ideas?

Hmm. Have you checked the slot on the montages? You would need to change it to the full body slot for the montages to play. If its not that then I can do a bit more digging.

Comment

Originally posted by OptimisticMonkey View Post
                                Just purchased system - looks really great :-)

I am trying to integrate with an existing project.
                                I migrated the assets over, and successfully retargeted to my skeleton - had to add physics body to root bone and configure. Now it works great with new character.

But I was hoping to get it working with some of the combat animations I have (it is a dungeon hack and slash)
                                I have some sets of animations from Marketplace - 2 handed, sword and shield, bow - several different combat stances.

How hard is it to integrate these?
                                I tried just doing upper body blend, but the resulting stance looks incorrect.

Do I just need to recreate the locomotion blendspaces using the new animations?
                                Or will I need to mess with the stopping and turning stuff (which is more work)

Thanks for any feedback - and great work on the system :-)
                                Well, working with different anim packs can always be a bit tricky cause each one is designed a little differently. Also, its always a case by case basis since there are a million ways to set up an animgraph depending on how you want everything to behave to work with your game. My best suggestion would be to create a system of enums (similar to Locomotion State, or you could just reconfigure Locomotion State) to make the system use different anims based on different conditions. For locomotion, you would need to create some blendspaces with the proper animations.

If you send me an email I can try to help you out and give you suggestions along the way, as its tricky to estimate what exactly to do because, again, each game will need a unique animgraph setup.

Comment

Working...
                                X