Advanced Locomotion System V3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OK - last problem I swear LOL

after my guy jumps, then lands, the animation for the landing goes through it's whole cycle before turning back to the running animation - so what that means is he slides for a few feet before running again - the Mannequin does not do this so I missed another small switch / setting - I checked the landing animation for it's notify and there is a "stop additive land" and after that I'm not sure where to check need another hint
    Every day I beat my own previous record for the number of days I've stayed alive!

Comment

Originally posted by GeeksGoneBad View Post
      OK - last problem I swear LOL

after my guy jumps, then lands, the animation for the landing goes through it's whole cycle before turning back to the running animation - so what that means is he slides for a few feet before running again - the Mannequin does not do this so I missed another small switch / setting - I checked the landing animation for it's notify and there is a "stop additive land" and after that I'm not sure where to check need another hint
      Probably a transition issue. It should be set so that the landing animation will blend back to grounded if the anim finishes OR movement input is being applied. It sounds like the movement input isn't being set properly. Did you switch character bps, and if so, are you setting the movement input correctly?

Comment

I made a copy of your BP and changed out the skeletal mesh and have been hunting down areas where I need to change anything - just missed one I cannot find

Where can I find the area that you are talking about (where there's a switch for the movement input)
        Every day I beat my own previous record for the number of days I've stayed alive!

Comment

I saw an update today in Ad. Locomotion.

What's new in this update?

Comment

Hey KingTumTum101 :-) First of all, great product! I would recommend this to anyone wanting better animations for their game.

I do have to ask you for some advice on a couple of things. I'm trying to implement aiming (with a gun) into the system, and my first thought was to use the third locomotion state and then a 1d aimoffset with a layered blend per bone for the upper body, so I just have add the vertical anims for the different guns and rifles etc. - this however imposes a big problem in the way that the character is rotated and induces a lot of lag in the yaw movement when aiming. Do you have a solution to this problem? Maybe there's a way to decouple the upper body animations completely?

Another thing is the turn animations when aiming, if I move the mouse quickly enough the character changes the rotation direction and does a full 180 rotation, which in turn messes with the aiming. Do you have any ideas about how to fix this?

I hope you can understand mmy question, and if not then please tell me if I should illustrate what I mean with pictures or a video ;-)

A big thanks in advance!

Comment

Originally posted by NightmareSystem View Post
              I saw an update today in Ad. Locomotion.

What's new in this update?
              Some minor tweaks and a link to some documentation.

Comment

Originally posted by GeeksGoneBad View Post
                I made a copy of your BP and changed out the skeletal mesh and have been hunting down areas where I need to change anything - just missed one I cannot find

Where can I find the area that you are talking about (where there's a switch for the movement input)
                If you simply copied the BP it should be good. In the Event Tick section there is a graph that sends the movement input vector to the component.

Comment

Wow, the documentation is impresive!

so, question, if I export again the ASL component to my current project will I have any problem? is the animation BP updated?.

Comment

There was actually a problem with the Landing Compression Additive - I deleted it - re targeted it again - and then it was fine - weird but it's OK now!

Comment

I'm trying to use ALS in a sailing game and have already replaced the mannequin with a custom character, but I can't get the character to walk properly on a moving ship deck.
                      The main problems are that jumping causes the player to fly forward, the player bounces off any walls they touch, and steps can't be climbed when the ship is tilted.

Any suggestions would be appreciated!

Comment

Where is the anim notify falling called? which animation i cant find it

Comment

Originally posted by rolle817 View Post
                          Where is the anim notify falling called? which animation i cant find it
                          Its actually called from a transition. Transitions can call anim notifies which make things super easy. Click on the transition from the conduit to falling and you will find it.

Comment

Originally posted by Darthlatte View Post
                            Hey KingTumTum101 :-) First of all, great product! I would recommend this to anyone wanting better animations for their game.

I do have to ask you for some advice on a couple of things. I'm trying to implement aiming (with a gun) into the system, and my first thought was to use the third locomotion state and then a 1d aimoffset with a layered blend per bone for the upper body, so I just have add the vertical anims for the different guns and rifles etc. - this however imposes a big problem in the way that the character is rotated and induces a lot of lag in the yaw movement when aiming. Do you have a solution to this problem? Maybe there's a way to decouple the upper body animations completely?

Another thing is the turn animations when aiming, if I move the mouse quickly enough the character changes the rotation direction and does a full 180 rotation, which in turn messes with the aiming. Do you have any ideas about how to fix this?

I hope you can understand mmy question, and if not then please tell me if I should illustrate what I mean with pictures or a video ;-)

A big thanks in advance!
                            Send me an email so we can communicate more easily. Ill give you some suggestions there.

Comment

Hello, I still need help turning off the IK for Prone. I know King is working on it ... but wondering if anyone has any ideas. The PostProcess_AnimBP has a Switch on EmovementMode, with Walking, Falling, Swimming, Flying, Custom (currently being used for ragdoll)... which could be used I think to switch off IK, if so, then how do we add Prone and other locomotion states to the Switch?

Click image for larger version

Name:	Emovement_Mode.PNG
Views:	2
Size:	96.3 KB
ID:	1131330

UPDATE: Seller already replied, and on top of all our questions. Without a doubt, this should be the first purchase anyone makes on the Marketplace. The systems is very expandable, and coming along great. Can't wait to add swimming!
                              Last edited by CrashA51; 07-20-2017, 11:52 AM.

Comment

thank you man i am integrating this piece by piece so i really needed to know

Comment

Working...
                                X