Advanced Locomotion System V3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CrashA51 View Post
    Still pops up to standing to turn from crouch, then returns to crouch, when in First Person only. Last Crouch issue.
    Check the Idle Entry enum. In the Rotate in place function, it sets the Idle Entry enum to the transition animations, which blend to their respective idle pose. Add in another Idle Entry enumerator, and plug it into the function when crouching.

Comment

King,

1. I would like to create a "switch on Camera Position" (1st and 3rd person) so I can insert that anywhere, and do things such as switch Final Animation Poses based on 1st or 3rd person camera.

For example, I would like to apply the Idle state Additive ALS_Idle with the swaying, only when in 3rd person. When in 1st person, I would like to keep the head still by removing the Additive. I will need to change 1st and 3rd person swimming animations as well. And there are lots of other examples where I may want to change things based on camera position.

To best fit with your system, should I create another Enum for Camera Positon? then switch on that? What is the proper way to do this?

2. How do I turn the foot IK off for prone, swimming, and other animations where it is not needed? When I enter prone now the IK keeps his feet planted, and screws up the prone animation. Need to turn it back on when he transitions from prone to crouch.
      Last edited by CrashA51; 07-11-2017, 03:00 PM.

Comment

King,

1. I would like to create a "switch on Camera Position" (1st and 3rd person) so I can insert that anywhere, and do things such as switch Final Animation Poses based on 1st or 3rd person camera.

For example, I would like to apply the Idle state Additive ALS_Idle with the swaying, only when in 3rd person. When in 1st person, I would like to keep the head still by removing the Additive. I will need to change 1st and 3rd person swimming animations as well. And there are lots of other examples where I may want to change things based on camera position.

To best fit with your system, should I create another Enum for Camera Positon? then switch on that? What is the proper way to do this?

2. How do I turn the foot IK off for prone, swimming, and other animations where it is not needed? When I enter prone now the IK keeps his feet planted, and screws up the prone animation. Need to turn it back on when he transitions from prone to crouch.
        So you could use the View mode Enum in the characterBP, or make a similar one in the component.

As far as IK, open up the Post Process AnimBP and try adding more conditions.

Comment

Ok, I was looking at the Post Process for the IK solution, that is good to know ...

Is there anyway to use the View Mode Enum here in the Idle state, so the Apply Additive is applied only when in 3rd person?

Click image for larger version

Name:	Add.PNG
Views:	1
Size:	98.7 KB
ID:	1130976

Comment

Is there a way to add Prone to the Switch on EMovementMode so I could link it with Falling, Swimming and Flying to no Foot IK enable?

If not, where do I add the Prone Condition so I can opt out of IK?

Name:	Emovement_Mode.PNG
Views:	2
Size:	96.3 KB
ID:	1130980

Comment

Ok, I was looking at the Post Process for the IK solution, that is good to know ...

Is there anyway to use the View Mode Enum here in the Idle state, so the Apply Additive is applied only when in 3rd person?
              A better way might be to create an Additive Alpha Float, and plug it into all of the additive nodes. That way you could easily blend off all additives on first person, and you could control the float from the component or something.
              Last edited by c.longmire42; 07-12-2017, 11:20 AM.

Comment

Is there a way to add Prone to the Switch on EMovementMode so I could link it with Falling, Swimming and Flying to no Foot IK enable?

If not, where do I add the Prone Condition so I can opt out of IK?
                Hmm. Ill try to do some experimenting when I get time to figure out a good way to do this.

Comment

Now if we could just figure out how to get IK working on our custom model. (such that it works with Locomotion.) Anyone got any good tips for making sure the setup's right?
                  Right now, it kinda gets bent out of shape. Literally.

Comment

Noticed there was an update, is there somewhere I can see what changes happened when they occur?

Comment

OK I am sooooo close to getting our character set up here - my last two hurdles are

1. IK - seems to work but when I run it seems the running animations for his legs are not playing - the arms swing and his legs "move" but they are not running like you'd think
                      2. I don't get any flail animation on ragdoll this is SUPER important LOL
                      Every day I beat my own previous record for the number of days I've stayed alive!

Comment

Hi KingTut... I had a working Pistol system integrated into V1, and it worked quite well - but I did everything in the AnimGraph between locomotion and InRagdoll.

Given what you have said about how you would do Crouch, I am not sure if my approach is the right strategy - how would you approach this ?

Name:	pistol.png
Views:	1
Size:	81.5 KB
ID:	1131154

Comment

OK I am down to my last problem! I just cannot get the animation working right (and to be fair I am not an animator so I'm not sure if I'm supposed to do something different when turning on IK)

but the feet act like I expect when on the steps - IK and all - but when he runs the feet don't animate properly... I made a video to see if it might help - any ideas?

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bzp...ew?usp=sharing
                          Every day I beat my own previous record for the number of days I've stayed alive!

Comment

Originally posted by GeeksGoneBad View Post
                            OK I am down to my last problem! I just cannot get the animation working right (and to be fair I am not an animator so I'm not sure if I'm supposed to do something different when turning on IK)

but the feet act like I expect when on the steps - IK and all - but when he runs the feet don't animate properly... I made a video to see if it might help - any ideas?

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bzp...ew?usp=sharing
                            Hmmm. Seems to me like the IK bones arent being animated. Did you retarget the animations onto a new skeleton?

Comment

Yes but our skeleton is identical to the Mannequin skeleton - but I just looked and I think you are right... I wonder why the ik bones animation didn't get retargeted over? (off to research...)

Comment

I found it... thanks for the nudge in the right direction... It was in the skeleton tree, I had to set the ik bones to "Animation" for their translation retargeting setting - I think we might be there!

Thanks again for the great system!

Comment

Working...
                                X