Advanced Locomotion System V3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ahhh that was it! Thanks a ton!
    Every day I beat my own previous record for the number of days I've stayed alive!

Comment

I noticed ALS has something like 60 ratings on the Marketplace ... that is a lot of sales. I hope "character" Sellers are paying attention ... because it would be great if we had a larger selection of "advanced" characters in civilian, adventure, beach, sci-fi, and space clothing ... because the ALS system looks fantastic when you dump the Mannequin. And I need lots of Characters for NPCs.

By "advanced," I mean characters like we have seen in every game published for the past 8 years or more ... with facial bones, teeth, eye and mouth morphs for dialogue and expressions, hair that moves, some clothing that moves, proper "female bits" that "move" correctly ... and the EPIC/Paragon eyes and eye and hair shader ... and characters designed with ALS and advanced features in mind.

Just saying ...

Comment

Need advice on one more crouching issue. In Locomotion States 2 and 3, when Idle and crouching, when I enter Turning in Place, he will stand, turn, then crouch.

To fix this should I add something to the TurnInPlace AnimNotifyState? or Idle State on Ground Locomotion? or the nested animation IdleStateMachine?

Any thoughts?

Comment

Originally posted by CrashA51 View Post
          Need advice on one more crouching issue. In Locomotion States 2 and 3, when Idle and crouching, when I enter Turning in Place, he will stand, turn, then crouch.

To fix this should I add something to the TurnInPlace AnimNotifyState? or Idle State on Ground Locomotion? or the nested animation IdleStateMachine?

Any thoughts?
          Do you have any crouch turning animations?

Comment

Yes, I have left and right, 45, 90, 135, and 180

Comment

One more question for me I've moved most stuff over into a Character Blueprint that already had a ton of code in it - almost everything works, except the turn in place... he looks around as you'd expect - but he doesn't actually turn... Can you give me a hint as to where I might look for what I missed? - if I watch the graph in "Turn In Place Check" in the animBP - the ABS of the Yaw is never greater than the Aim Angle Threshold 1 and so never goes on to the "Play Turn In Place" Animation - not sure if that gives you any clues or not

Thanks again for the great system
              Every day I beat my own previous record for the number of days I've stayed alive!

Comment

Originally posted by CrashA51 View Post
                Yes, I have left and right, 45, 90, 135, and 180
                Open Up the Turn In Place graph in the manage character rotation graph in the grounded section. You will find a Turn In Place Check function that is responsible for firing the turn animations. Have you added more functions into the graph with different parameters?

Comment

Originally posted by GeeksGoneBad View Post
                  One more question for me I've moved most stuff over into a Character Blueprint that already had a ton of code in it - almost everything works, except the turn in place... he looks around as you'd expect - but he doesn't actually turn... Can you give me a hint as to where I might look for what I missed? - if I watch the graph in "Turn In Place Check" in the animBP - the ABS of the Yaw is never greater than the Aim Angle Threshold 1 and so never goes on to the "Play Turn In Place" Animation - not sure if that gives you any clues or not

Thanks again for the great system
                  Hmm thats quite odd. Are you using the same AnimBP, and also, is your actor using the control rotation?

Comment

hmmmmm control rotation? I am not sure what that is - so I am going to guess "no"? does it have anything to do with the cameras and spring arms? because I kept what I had there for them as I'm only doing third person right now and they worked OK - but if I need to move over all the camera stuff too then I will

Edit: sorry - and yes it's the same animbp that worked already
                    Last edited by GeeksGoneBad; 07-09-2017, 09:15 PM.

Comment

Sorry, I misunderstood, I have crouch turn animations, but I have not tried to add them yet.

The turn works fine when I am crouched and moving, and he will crouch move and then go into crouch idle just fine,

but once I am in crouch and stopped and in Idle, I get some really inconsistent reactions when turning or hitting the crouch button again ... such as sometimes it wont stand back up, sometimes it will, and when in Locomotion States 2 or 3, sometimes he will turn his head, but not rotate around, and sometimes he will stand, turn, then crouch again.

A bit odd. I know I have screwed up somewhere. Any help would be appreciated.

Comment

OK I've moved the camera blueprint stuff over as well and now I can press 1,2,3 and the camera adjusts as you'd expect, but still no turning in place - weird because I think everything else is working - even ragdoll and get up

I missed one thing somewhere for sure but it's so complex I'm having trouble finding what I missed

Comment

Okay, took another look at my two issues:

1. When starting from an idle standing position, crouching works perfect, as long as I remain idle. And after moving, if I go into standing idle, crouching will work perfect. While moving, I can enter and exit crouch movement, and it works, as longs as I continue moving.

But when I enter idle crouch from any movement, pressing the crouch button to stand up will not work until I apply some movement with the left thumbstick.

Update: Getting closer to solving the Crouch problem after entering idle crouch from stopping... think it has something to do with the Crouch_Stop Blend in the Choose Stopping Anim.

Update 2: Crouch Idle issue fixed. Don't fully understand why, but shortened the Crouch_Stop Blend Idle animation and it works perfect.

That leaves the Crouch Idle turn issue. Think that may have something to do with Turn in Place Check, but not sure.

2. When starting from an idle standing position, entering crouch, then turning in place in locomotion states 2 & 3, will cause the character to stand, turn, then crouch again.

And when I enter idle crouch from any movement, then turning in place in locomotion states 2 & 3, will cause the character to turn his head around, but not turn in place.

Update 3: Fixing the crouch idle issue, has fixed part of the crouch turn issue. Now will always stand, turn, then crouch. Just need to get the stand out of the turn. Only documenting all this so it may help other noobs like me.

Any thoughs?
                          Last edited by CrashA51; 07-10-2017, 01:50 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by KingTumTum101 View Post
                            Open Up the Turn In Place graph in the manage character rotation graph in the grounded section. You will find a Turn In Place Check function that is responsible for firing the turn animations. Have you added more functions into the graph with different parameters?
                            I have been looking at this as the solution to my crouch turning issue. I was thinking if I were add a switch on body position, then for standing use the current Turn in Place Checks ... but for Crouch, add new Crouch turn animations. I'll give it a try ... what do you think?

Update: Added Switch on BodyPosition to ALS_AnimBP>Event Graph>Manage Character Rotation>On Ground>Turn In Place Graph, and Turn in Place Check, with crouch 90 and 180 turns, to BodyPosition Crouching, for Switch on Locomotion States 2 and 3. Also added Crouch turn 90 and 180 L and R to ALS.Choose Turn in Place Curve (maybe not necessary?) Need to adjust everything, but crouch idle turn now working. Not sure this was the best way to do it ... but it worked.

Still pops up to standing to turn from crouch, then returns to crouch, when in First Person only. Last Crouch issue.
                            Last edited by CrashA51; 07-10-2017, 05:38 PM.

Comment

Okay, solved 1st person idle crouch turn, pop up to stand and turn, before back to crouch ... added a Body Position Blend Poses (Crouching Pose) in the Idle state before the ALS_Idle_Additive and Turn in Place Slot. Crouch working, in all states, 3rd and 1st person, idle, moving, stopping, turning, etc.

Clearly not doing things the right way, but it works for now, and can move on to swimming ... will have to wait until King Tum Tum's next update with proper Crouch to see how to do it the right way.

Thanks again for the help King. Great seller support, and lovin ALS.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Crouch_Idle_Turn.PNG
Views:	1
Size:	145.2 KB
ID:	1130912
                              Last edited by CrashA51; 07-10-2017, 08:52 PM.

Comment

If you add the Blend Pose to the Land State, you can crouch jump, and it will smoothly land back into crouch, instead of just the knee bend.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Crouch_Jump_Land.PNG
Views:	1
Size:	85.9 KB
ID:	1130919
                                Last edited by CrashA51; 07-10-2017, 11:06 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X