No announcement yet.

Advanced Locomotion System V3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes, i didn't noticed but the ik_foot_l and ik_foot_r bone pivots are a bit higher than they are supposed to be. They are in correct place in skeleton and mesh views, but offset only when the animation plays. I've been playing with the translation settings but it made worse so i revert them back to the default "Animation" setting.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	ik_offset.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	59.9 KB
ID:	1130542

This actually explains why i had to add an offset which wouldn't be necessary otherwise.
    * Sharp and responsive Temporal Anti-Aliasing tips and tricks
    * Pitch-shift source effect (DSP) over the network (VOIP)
    * My Portfolio and Developer Blog

Comment

Okay I may be dumb or just missing something but i am trying to reverse the cameras. Basically I want to have it start in first but then be able to press the C button and have it then change to a thirdperson view. Any advice or tips? I've tried messing with in the blueprint and just removing the thirdperson camera completely but to no avail.

Comment

Originally posted by darkirewolf View Post
        Okay I may be dumb or just missing something but i am trying to reverse the cameras. Basically I want to have it start in first but then be able to press the C button and have it then change to a thirdperson view. Any advice or tips? I've tried messing with in the blueprint and just removing the thirdperson camera completely but to no avail.
        Well you could add this to the Event Begin Play graph.

Name:	Capture4.PNG
Size:	141.9 KB
ID:	1130553

Comment

Originally posted by KingTumTum101 View Post
          Well you could add this to the Event Begin Play graph.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]147163[/ATTACH]
          Thank you! I spent over an hour trying to figure this out. I knew it was something simple. Thank you again!

Comment

Can someone point me to an easy to understand tutorial on how to add the ik_foot_l and ik_foot_r bones to my character (from CharacterCreator) which doesn't include them. I have Maya LT.

And before saying there are dozens of videos on Youtube... I have watched dozens of of them, and nothing does exactly what I need and none of the things I have tried form these are working. So not sure what I am doing wrong?

Many thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Macw0lf View Post
              Can someone point me to an easy to understand tutorial on how to add the ik_foot_l and ik_foot_r bones to my character (from CharacterCreator) which doesn't include them. I have Maya LT.

And before saying there are dozens of videos on Youtube... I have watched dozens of of them, and nothing does exactly what I need and none of the things I have tried form these are working. So not sure what I am doing wrong?

Many thanks!
              Its just as simple as adding new joints into the correct places in the hierarchy. Add a new joint, called IK_Foot_Root, and make it a child of the root joint. Then make two child joints of that IK Root, named IK_Foot_R and IK_Foot_L. Then, you need to move the IK_Foot joints into the correct position, which should be the foot (or ankle) joint. The easiest way to do that is to click on the Foot Joint, then shift click on the correct IK_Foot joint, then add a point and orient constraint. Once you've done that, you can export it all as the new skeleton.

Comment

Just a quick question as i am thinking about getting this ...

What is the total impact to network for replication and what is replicated?
                I am asking because, 2 players with replication, my cell phone can do it no problem. On a bigger scale, im looking at possibly 200+ players on a single map. What would the impact be at that point ?
                Founder and CEO of Angry Penguin Studio, LLC
                Dallas, TX USA
                https://www.facebook.com/AngryPenguinStudios

Comment

The C_Rotate_to_Idle Notify is created in the ALS_C_Rotate_L90dps, at 1 second, frame 31

The N_Rotate_to_Idle is listed as an Anim Notify, but needs to be created ... correct?

Do I create it in ALS_N_Rotate_L90dps? with the same timing, 1 second, frame 31?

Comment

Originally posted by AP_Studios View Post
                    Just a quick question as i am thinking about getting this ...

What is the total impact to network for replication and what is replicated?
                    I am asking because, 2 players with replication, my cell phone can do it no problem. On a bigger scale, im looking at possibly 200+ players on a single map. What would the impact be at that point ?
                    Oh gosh I have no clue actually. The system can be optimized further if needed, but right now I'm not so sure. I'm a rookie at programming and networking.

Comment

Originally posted by CrashA51 View Post
                      The C_Rotate_to_Idle Notify is created in the ALS_C_Rotate_L90dps, at 1 second, frame 31

The N_Rotate_to_Idle is listed as an Anim Notify, but needs to be created ... correct?

Do I create it in ALS_N_Rotate_L90dps? with the same timing, 1 second, frame 31?
                      Hey, so I'm actually an idiot. I made some last minute changes right before release, and totally forgot to delete those anim notifies, as they are actually unnecessary. I had used them, but had problems with them, as sometimes they wouldnt fire if the anim didnt play the full cycle, so I added a small bit to the Rotate In Place function that makes the notifies unnecessary. Now, the Idle Entry State enum is set in the function instead of the anim notify events.

Name:	Capture.PNG
Size:	102.8 KB
ID:	1130636

Terribly sorry for the confusion.

Comment

Thanks for the info on the notifies ... it was getting a bit confusing for me, but all clear now.

Great support, and just wanted to say, this Locomotion system is amazing ... but you really can't appreciate it without retargeting to a custom human character, and dumping the UE4 Mannequin. There are some great Characters on the Marketplace. I had success with Kubold's Katia. Now I am trying another Character. The problem I ran into, if I want to use a custom character procured from somewhere else on the web, is that the skeleton rig is not compliant with UE4 (extra bones, missing bones, weights wrong when retargeting), and typically doesn't look right, even after retargeting ... and I do not use Maya, so the only answer is to replace the skeleton of the new Character in a tool like Blender, so it will work with the Human Retargeting in UE4 and ALS.... thankfully, after some time, I found a solution, and I though some of you may be interested in checking it out, based on our replies on this board, and private messages from this forum.

I found this fantastic Blender add-on tool, that will add a UE4 compliant rig to any Character, (even supports tail bones), and I found lots of tutorials, and it comes with great support! I am a Blender noob, but Lucas, the developer, helped me through it. The tool is called Auto-Rig Pro, and I found it here http://www.lucky3d.fr/gal_auto_rig_pro.php?page=gallery

I know many of you are still having problems with IK feet on your rig, and issues with retargeting. You may want to give this tool a try to see if it solves your problem. The tool has options to add face, eye, tongue, teeth, chest, etc bones, for more advanced characters. Make sure you download the latest version of Blender, add the tool to it, and follow the instructions to the letter.

I wanted to mention this here, because the ALS system is fantastic, but it needs a great Character Mesh to shine. Choices on the Marketplace are good, but limited. So this opens up the possibility of using ALS with any character found on the web, for people like me that don't use Maya.

Hope that helps.
                        Last edited by CrashA51; 07-04-2017, 07:40 PM.

Comment

HI there!

I'm using a backflip root animation montage, and when I play it, the character tries to change it's rotation while the animation. Where is the function where the AdLocomotion control it ? because I don't want to rotate while doing this animation

Comment

Originally posted by NightmareSystem View Post
                            HI there!

I'm using a backflip root animation montage, and when I play it, the character tries to change it's rotation while the animation. Where is the function where the AdLocomotion control it ? because I don't want to rotate while doing this animation
                            There is a macro in the AnimBP called Shouldn't Rotate. At the moment its set up so the character wont rotate if playing the get up animations, but you can add in more animations, such as your backflip montage.

Comment

Trying to add "Crouching," but it is taking a lot of work, and not functioning yet....

Added the Action Mapping to Project input settings
                              Checked Can Crouch on Character Movement Nav Movement
                              Created the Blend space
                              Added the Crouch state to the Grounded Locomotion state, and added the transition rules
                              Added Crouch to ALS_Player_CharacterBP Input Graph
                              Added ShouldCrouch Variable, CanCrouch Macro, and added Crouch Check to Sprint / Walk Check
                              Added Crouching boolean and CrouchSpeed Float and set crouching speed, .... ALS_Component, and added Crouching to Choose Max Walk Speed
                              Etc. Etc. Etc.

I know I am forgetting something ... normally addding crouch would be a five minute task, but I am still learning the ALS system. Any ideals on what I am missing?

Also created ChooseCrouchngAnim, but not sure how to configure the AnimNotify_Crouching.

Any help would be appreciated.

Comment

Still trying to add "Crouching" ... taking a closer look at the "Moving State" to see if I need to reconfigure the Crouching state and transitions. Adding transitions from Crouching to both Idle and Moving. Will add slide when hitting crouch, and speed is over 300, and will add "Prone" when holding down B button on the controller ... after I have basic crouching working.

Do I need to set up the Crouching State like the Movement State, with a Blend Poses, of both a back and forward Crouch Blendspaces?

Name:	Moving_State.PNG
Size:	86.8 KB
ID:	1130812

Name:	ALS_N_Locomotion_B.PNG
Size:	634.8 KB
ID:	1130813
                                Attached Files
                                Last edited by CrashA51; 07-08-2017, 02:57 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X