Advanced Locomotion System V3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cmcginn View Post
    Is it safe to assume that V2 will be an update to this and not a new purchase altogether?

Thanks
    Yep. Just an update.

Comment

when is ready V2? Know date?

Comment

Kia ora

Am I out of line asking where how I can change the hold Left-CTRL to walk to a key press toggle. It's not easy or comfortable to kink a finger back to keep holding that key while moving about in a building to small places. I'd like to know how I can maybe make it a key tap for example CAPS LOCK key to toggle walk/run

Oh maybe ask while I'm at it if there will be a pined link on your first page to the tutorials when they'er done, I'm looking forward to the one mentioned that relate to your system, it make things easyer to follow
        Last edited by Kiwi-Hawk; 06-02-2017, 10:36 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Kiwi-Hawk View Post
          Kia ora

Am I out of line asking where how I can change the hold Left-CTRL to walk to a key press toggle. It's not easy or comfortable to kink a finger back to keep holding that key while moving about in a building to small places. I'd like to know how I can maybe make it a key tap for example CAPS LOCK key to toggle walk/run

Oh maybe ask while I'm at it if there will be a pined link on your first page to the tutorials when they'er done, I'm looking forward to the one mentioned that relate to your system, it make things easyer to follow
          Go to the Player Input Graph in the Character BP and make this simple change.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	1
Size:	72.3 KB
ID:	1129007

Comment

Kia ora

Thank you Sir, you are a gem

Edit was because I had a question, BUT I answered it myself, forgot to double click the node to go inside it, found what I was looking for

Thanks again

off to find out what you add in the new release, guessing that on page one

BTW are you aware of this tool

https://www.facebook.com/AdvancedSkeleton/
            Last edited by Kiwi-Hawk; 06-03-2017, 07:00 PM.

Comment

Kia ora

Is there a way to update this system if it's already in a project? because the only option is to create a project once the library is updated
              theres no way to add it to a project and therefor update the project files to the latest version. Or does that mean you carry on with the old version or start over.

I went to make the edits above in a project I had from when I first brought this but seems the Blue prints has change a lot it looks nothing like the new one to look at

Oh and I'd need to reduce the head bobbing a little, gives me head aches
              Last edited by Kiwi-Hawk; 06-04-2017, 05:49 AM.

Comment

It looks like V2 was released!

EDIT: also just want to say that I am very impressed and thankful that you didn't release this as a separate asset. You da man
                Last edited by sneurlax; 06-04-2017, 10:32 PM.

Comment

V2 is really awesome, but I have some question

1st - Where are the IK Functions? I'm looking for those and I still didn't fount nothing
                  2nd - now with the change of the rotation system, How I can rotate to look to the enemy before an attack animation?

Thanks for the time! ^^
                  Last edited by NightmareSystem; 06-05-2017, 04:03 PM.

Comment

Along the same line, If I use a set actor Rotation or location to face an enemy or object, it quickly sets me back to the original rotation. Any way to also set the the rotation for what ever is pop-ing the actor back? thanks

Comment

Also I have a BIG question

how I can activate THIS -> https://gyazo.com/218a19e7703fb4be499297e35878e79e

I mean, If I export the model the bind disappears, this ik bonne only affects the mesh inside of UE4 and not outside oO

Comment

Originally posted by NightmareSystem View Post
                        Also I have a BIG question

how I can activate THIS -> https://gyazo.com/218a19e7703fb4be499297e35878e79e

I mean, If I export the model the bind disappears, this ik bonne only affects the mesh inside of UE4 and not outside oO
                        Ok, so all of the IK stuff is located in a post process animbp. It can be found in the mannequin folder.

Regarding rotation, its really all up to you. If you look in the Manage Rotation graph in the AnimBP, you can see where you can customize how the character rotates. You could add a branch with a bool like 'is attacking', and then use the Set Character Rotation function. You could send a Rotator value to the AnimBP from the component, or anywhere really, and use that for the characters rotation. Another way to do it, would to manually set the actors rotation from the character BP or something, and then use the actor rotation as the target rotation for the Set Character Rotation function. This might be easiest, as you wouldnt have to send the animbp any extra values. You'd just have to remember to uncheck 'usecontrolrotation' on the character during an attack so the actor doesnt always face the camera direction. I hope this all makes sense.

The 'bind' you are seeing with the footIK bone is actually not a bind at all. Thats a result of the post process animbp, that uses the IK bone as a two bone IK target. That IK bone isnt constrained or bound to the feet at all, so when you export it, its just, well, a bone.

Comment

Originally posted by Cmcginn View Post
                          Along the same line, If I use a set actor Rotation or location to face an enemy or object, it quickly sets me back to the original rotation. Any way to also set the the rotation for what ever is pop-ing the actor back? thanks
                          Thats most likely because by default, the actor uses the control rotation. In the characterbp, make sure you uncheck or disable 'usecontrolrotation' whenever you want to manually set the actor rotation, or else you might get problems.

Comment

Is any one able to help me with blending two layers of animations in the character animation blueprint? I know how to do it normally but I can't seem to figure out how to do it using this system. When I try and do the normal way, the top half goes into the standard A pose. Any tips?

Comment

Great update , thanks a lot for the effort put in this product !
                              LinkedIn | Link custom Shaders in 4.21/4.22/4.23 | Atmosphere Modelisation | Distance Matching Locomotion | Nvidia GameWorks builds - 4.19.2 : VXGI2.0, Blast, HairWorks, Flow - Plugins: VictoryBP

Comment

Originally posted by darkirewolf View Post
                                Is any one able to help me with blending two layers of animations in the character animation blueprint? I know how to do it normally but I can't seem to figure out how to do it using this system. When I try and do the normal way, the top half goes into the standard A pose. Any tips?
                                Could you provide a screenshot of the Animgraph thats causing the problems? It should be the same as any other graph, so I'n not sure why it would be doing that.

Comment

Working...
                                X