No announcement yet.

Advanced Locomotion System V3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Having the same issue as a few people above. Retargeted to a custom skeleton/mesh and now when I try to turn (applying yaw) my character rolls to the side instead. Someone posted their solution but it didn't seem to work for me.

Click image for larger version

Name:	rotbug.png
Views:	1
Size:	591.3 KB
ID:	1126785

Any ideas? System is a bit hard to use if custom rigs cause it to stop working.

Comment

Originally posted by OmarWarOgre View Post
      Having the same issue as a few people above. Retargeted to a custom skeleton/mesh and now when I try to turn (applying yaw) my character rolls to the side instead. Someone posted their solution but it didn't seem to work for me.

Any ideas? System is a bit hard to use if custom rigs cause it to stop working.
      Hey, In the animgraph, find the Rotate Root Bone node, and feed the float value into the pitch or roll instead of the yaw. This problem occurs if the Root Bone on your custom skeleton isn''t oriented the same way as the default skeleton.

Comment

Originally posted by visualnotte View Post
        when is ready update multiplayer?
        Its almost ready. I have a couple of people testing it out, and I just need to finish a few more things.

Comment

Originally posted by KingTumTum101 View Post
          Its almost ready. I have a couple of people testing it out, and I just need to finish a few more things.
          Good! You can create also tutorial how use Animation package Kubold with your system? I think is very important for more people. Tk

Comment

Originally posted by visualnotte View Post
            Good! You can create also tutorial how use Animation package Kubold with your system? I think is very important for more people. Tk
            Yes, I am planning to do that as well once I release the update. I will most likely make a series of videos explaining the system and do a few tutorials for common things like switching characters / animations, instead of writing more documentation.

Comment

Yes, I am planning to do that as well once I release the update. I will most likely make a series of videos explaining the system and do a few tutorials for common things like switching characters / animations, instead of writing more documentation.
              I hope it is available as soon as possible..

Comment

Hi, I purchased your pack and have been trying to figure out how to make it multiplayer compatible, glad that you're releasing it soon, saves me the trouble . Any chance you can give a rough date? I want to build a multiplayer game around the system because your blueprints are clean and well documented

Comment

Originally posted by CompetitiveTPP View Post
                  Hi, I purchased your pack and have been trying to figure out how to make it multiplayer compatible, glad that you're releasing it soon, saves me the trouble . Any chance you can give a rough date? I want to build a multiplayer game around the system because your blueprints are clean and well documented
                  Hopefully soon. That's all I can say at the moment

Comment

Very interested in the new version and would like to help in beta testing

Comment

Hey, In the animgraph, find the Rotate Root Bone node, and feed the float value into the pitch or roll instead of the yaw. This problem occurs if the Root Bone on your custom skeleton isn''t oriented the same way as the default skeleton.
                      Thanks for the fix. Works perfectly now.

Comment

What software can I use to rig a character so that it can be retargeted to work with ALS? With Mixamo I get stretched legs and arms, and with Makehuman I get random triangles all over the place. All the bones are defined correctly and the ref poses match exactly.

Any help would be hugely appreciated!

Comment

Lands Unkown, there is a mixamo skeleton to ue4 mannequin retargeting plugin that is about to be released on the marketplace that I am hoping will accomplish what you're asking for. Thread should be on page 2 of this forum.

Comment

Originally posted by Piepants View Post
                            Lands Unkown, there is a mixamo skeleton to ue4 mannequin retargeting plugin that is about to be released on the marketplace that I am hoping will accomplish what you're asking for. Thread should be on page 2 of this forum.
                            That's awesome! Does it work with all the animations/morph targets that ASL uses?

Comment

I believe the idea is that after the conversion of the mixamo skeletal mesh using the plugin, the mixamo skeleton will match the UE4 mannequin so that any animations targeted for the UE4 mannequin (these ASL animations for example) can be used without weird distorions as you mentioned. This is just my understanding of it though, I could be wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Piepants View Post
                                I believe the idea is that after the conversion of the mixamo skeletal mesh using the plugin, the mixamo skeleton will match the UE4 mannequin so that any animations targeted for the UE4 mannequin (these ASL animations for example) can be used without weird distorions as you mentioned. This is just my understanding of it though, I could be wrong.
                                I see, I'll look into purchasing when it supports 4.16.
                                Thank you for all your help!

Comment

Working...
                                X