Mesh Tool - A Mesh Editor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JoeWintergreen View Post
    TheFlow3k that's not possible, and is also a bad idea - UE4's brushes are terrible for performance (for no good reason) and you shouldn't use 'em.
    Very bad idea indeed.

Comment

Suddenly at the project's load i started receiving Warning which says:

"LogSlate: Warning: The command 'MeshToolEdMode.SeparateEdge' has the same default chord as 'MeshToolEdMode.TurnEdge' [T]"

What could it be? Thanks!

Comment

Hi Nate, not sure if this is related to the issue in the last post (#542), but I've just triggered an engine update, from 4.22 to 4.22.2 and it can't be completed because Mesh Tools can't be downloaded (it's in an endless queuing state). Has Mesh Tools been taken down temporarily? TIA (and thanks for such a great plug-in!)
        https://twitter.com/andrewcrawshaw

Comment

Originally posted by andrewcrawshaw View Post
          Hi Nate, not sure if this is related to the issue in the last post (#542), but I've just triggered an engine update, from 4.22 to 4.22.2 and it can't be completed because Mesh Tools can't be downloaded (it's in an endless queuing state). Has Mesh Tools been taken down temporarily? TIA (and thanks for such a great plug-in!)
          Quick update. I have no idea what went wrong. The launcher wouldn't let me uninstall either UE or disable the Mesh Tool plug-in. I had to manually remove 4.22/4.22.2 (it was impossible to figure out which version it was on after the failed update) and then start a fresh version install. Just to be on the safe side I disabled MT in the Downloads panel during the install, and then added it again afterwards. Anyway, Mesh Tools + 4.22.2 all work fine now.
          https://twitter.com/andrewcrawshaw

Comment

I am getting the same error, did you ever get this figured out?

"Suddenly at the project's load i started receiving Warning which says:

"LogSlate: Warning: The command 'MeshToolEdMode.SeparateEdge' has the same default chord as 'MeshToolEdMode.TurnEdge' [T]"

What could it be? Thanks!"

Comment

Hi Nate, Having issues with insert primitive (anything) with UE4.22.3 and MT 1.1.8, click and nothing happens, kinda works with some mesh's with replace current mesh ticked but not always. Is there going to be a patch for 4.22.3 or waiting for 4.23?

Comment

Nate, have I told you lately how much I love your tools! I would be lost without them!!! THANK YOU NATE!

Comment

I'm having issues with Mesh Tool, i have vertex snapping always on, even when i dont want it and its very annoying. It was so nice the first few days, now its becoming a pain. Not to mention that the creator has not been seen in a few months already, unless he/she replies only privately !

Comment

I ended up getting things fixed, it seems i had toggled vertex display in UE somehow

Comment

Love your tools. Thanks so much!

Comment

Tell me if that's already in the plans or if it's been asked before, but are there plans to add boolean operations, á la CSG/BSP geometry that was used in UE once upon a time?
                        YES, IT'S HAPPENING!
                        Next - Unreal III.

Comment

Originally posted by iLikeTheUDK View Post
                          Tell me if that's already in the plans or if it's been asked before, but are there plans to add boolean operations, á la CSG/BSP geometry that was used in UE once upon a time?
                          Same question.
                          Next Game: Project Kronos - A thrilling True-First-Person adventure game (brain-work needed! VR support planned.)
                          www.project-kronos.com

Comment

iLikeTheUDK TheFlow3k There are mesh booleans in the tool now like this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SxUc...n&index=6&t=0s

or do you mean something else?
                            https://www.casualdistractiongames.com

Comment

OptimisticMonkey Yes that is exactly what I meant, thank you. How do I access it?
                              YES, IT'S HAPPENING!
                              Next - Unreal III.

Comment

iLikeTheUDK On the MeshTool Button, there is an item for it in the drop down for "Mesh Boolean" after "Open Subdiv"

This opens a dockable window you can use to set up the operation
                                https://www.casualdistractiongames.com

Comment

Working...
                                X