No announcement yet.

Mesh Tool - A Mesh Editor

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ah - just sussed it! - I didn't realise I could 'unclick' that 'Planar' button, DOH! - thanks man

Comment

I drag 2 static meshes onto the scene and then put one inside the other and I get an error: "Can't Boolean, Boolean failed!" Is there something special you have to do to get the Boolean to work?

PS: I have tried a lot of different ways but always get the error message. I am on ver 4.19

I followed this video but the boolean does not work on anything, that was one of the main reasons I purchased this tool.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SxUc...&index=49&t=0s
      Attached Files
      Last edited by JohnADaniels; 07-09-2018, 06:14 AM.

Comment

What is interesting is that union is working but Boolean does not work.

Comment

Also like to add that this tool is soooo amazing, thank you, it has saved me so much time.

Comment

One last thing, you have found your calling making these tools. you should make a tool called "Collision Tool" , it could take copy the complex collision and simplify it and then create a Simple Collision. Now that would be an amazing time saver right up there with your other tools!. There is no collision tool for Unreal Engine, there is the build in one but that one takes forever to make any collision other than a simple box.
            Last edited by JohnADaniels; 07-12-2018, 10:03 PM.

Comment

I wonder if something happened to Nate since his(her?) Twitter has been quiet for months and last login on the forums was about a month ago.

Comment

I think he said something about being pretty busy? I might be thinking of something else. Hope all is well with you Nate! We all love ya work.
                Impromptu Games|dev blog|twitter|itch.io store|Patreon
                Impromptu Procedural Ladders|Impromptu Procedural Handrails|Impromptu Procedural Stairs
                |Impromptu Fire Propagation|InFlux Example Game|Impromptu Vector Field Painter

Comment

Hope he is well also. One time I sent him an e-mail and then a couple months later he answered and said that he was busy. His tools are amazing.

Comment

Hi, sorry for been silence lately. I've got some unexpected health problem which led to unexpected hospital stay. I'm discharged now and good as new (as I been told), will try catch up and address all questions/issues in next coming days.
                    | twitter | github | #ue4tip

Comment

Originally posted by Nate View Post
                      Hi, sorry for been silence lately. I've got some unexpected health problem which led to unexpected hospital stay. I'm discharged now and good as new (as I been told), will try catch up and address all questions/issues in next coming days.
                      Glad to see that you are ok!

Comment

Originally posted by Nate View Post
                        Happy to hear from you and see that you are good .

Comment

The boolean tool is working, it may have been that the road ramp was just too complex. i have tried the Boolean tool on other objects and it has worked perfectly!

Comment

Just installed this on a new i9 Mac Book and I'm getting this error which causes the editor the crash immediately. Any idea? Click image for larger version  Name:	Screen-Shot-20180805-at-4.54.45-PM.png Views:	1 Size:	79.7 KB ID:	1511664

Comment

Working...
                            X