No announcement yet.

Mesh Tool - A Mesh Editor

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ahh. That's probably the problem. Will need to rebuild with our own source. Will let programmer know and give it a try.

Thanks. Will report back when I hear results.
    =)

Comment

• Originally posted by Wolfen View Post
      Ahh. That's probably the problem. Will need to rebuild with our own source. Will let programmer know and give it a try.

Thanks. Will report back when I hear results.
      =)
      Cool! Let me know if you or your programmer might run into any issue building with your source engine version.

And I just found out that I forgot to enable Quad icon in 1.0.6 build, so you might want to download 1.0.6.1 version I just uploaded.
      | twitter | github | #ue4tip

Comment

• Originally posted by Nate View Post
        Cool! Let me know if you or your programmer might run into any issue building with your source engine version.

And I just found out that I forgot to enable Quad icon in 1.0.6 build, so you might want to download 1.0.6.1 version I just uploaded.
        Yup. I will do that tomorrow. I am in China myself, so the day has been done for work for a couple hours now hehe.

Comment

• Nate,

So I got it working fine in a normal project. Seems great. I have one question. So far the rest is great and I will likely come back with more feedback in the future. Check out ProBuilder for Unity. They have a lot of pretty awesome features too.

A couple requests, questions.
          ~Will you add a feature (or did I not find it?) that will let you set the pivot point permanently?
          ~Also, how about a custom UV mapping window?
          ~Rather than using a premade mesh, is it possible to create a feature to make some basic shapes and save that object as a mesh? So I could click "Box" and it makes one, then I edit from there how I want. A plane, sphere, ico, etc?

Great work though so far. Totally worth the asking price (a steal if you ask me. PB charges I think close to 100 bucks for something very similar for Unity, though it's a bit more advanced and clean looking).

Comment

~Will you add a feature (or did I not find it?) that will let you set the pivot point permanently?
            ~Rather than using a premade mesh, is it possible to create a feature to make some basic shapes and save that object as a mesh? So I could click "Box" and it makes one, then I edit from there how I want. A plane, sphere, ico, etc?
            Nate has a really useful Pivot Tool on Marketplace that does this https://www.unrealengine.com/marketplace/pivot-tool
            UV Mapping Window is Nate question - I am always using the auto UV.
            Use Insert Mesh to replace the current mesh with a cube,cylinder, sphere,etc...
            casualdistractiongames.com

Comment

• Originally posted by OptimisticMonkey View Post
              Nate has a really useful Pivot Tool on Marketplace that does this https://www.unrealengine.com/marketplace/pivot-tool
              UV Mapping Window is Nate question - I am always using the auto UV.
              Use Insert Mesh to replace the current mesh with a cube,cylinder, sphere,etc...
              Yeah, he may have that in another package, but why not have it in a "mesh editing" package like this? Already paying a premium for this one. It just seems like a standard feature for something like this.

Ill give the insert mesh tool a try. Does that actually replace the mesh? Because what I am really looking for is starting with NO mesh that already exists and then when done editing I can save that mesh as a new mesh in the browser.

Comment

• Awesome work!

Match Quad Texture Map doesn't seem to work right for me yet, though the Face version totally does and is awesome.
                Impromptu Games|dev blog|twitter|itch.io store|Patreon
                Impromptu Procedural Ladders|Impromptu Procedural Handrails|Impromptu Procedural Stairs
                |Impromptu Fire Propagation|InFlux Example Game|Impromptu Vector Field Painter

Comment

• Not sure if this exists or planned but I was wondering if you can extrude edges using the scale tool. Right now it just... scales when holding shift. I just wanted to extrude those edges out in the gif, rather they just scaled. Is there another way to do this with out being stuck to extruding on one axis?
                  Click image for larger version

Name:	extrude edge.gif
Views:	1
Size:	412.6 KB
ID:	1131278

Comment

Nate,

So I got it working fine in a normal project. Seems great. I have one question. So far the rest is great and I will likely come back with more feedback in the future. Check out ProBuilder for Unity. They have a lot of pretty awesome features too.

A couple requests, questions.

Great work though so far. Totally worth the asking price (a steal if you ask me. PB charges I think close to 100 bucks for something very similar for Unity, though it's a bit more advanced and clean looking).
                    Hi Wolfen, glad it get it working!

Regarding your questions:
                    Set Pivot: That's something I'm working on, will be in next 1.0.7 update (you can track it here: https://github.com/marynate/mesh-tool/issues/25)
                    UV Window: Custom UV editing is the feature I want to have but haven't get time to really start working on. I would like to start working on it after wrapping
                    up current planned features (mainly slab transform and blueprint based mesh building). Meanwhile you can try Auto UV (as OptimisticMonkey mentioned or the Texture Mapping tools under Texture Map category)
                    New mesh from scratch: Insert Mesh with "Replace Mesh" option checked will basically give you new fresh mesh to work on. But form UX pov, I guess a new "New Mesh" button will make more sense. Will add that.

Comment

Not sure if this exists or planned but I was wondering if you can extrude edges using the scale tool. Right now it just... scales when holding shift. I just wanted to extrude those edges out in the gif, rather they just scaled. Is there another way to do this with out being stuck to extruding on one axis?
                      [ATTACH=CONFIG]148925[/ATTACH]
                      There's currently no functionality to extrude edges by using the scale tool implemented. I think it would be a good feature to have in the future, thanks for that.
                      There're 2 possible way to archive what you want with existing tools:

1) by extrude face

The process will be: 1. Select faces 2. Extrude with "0" amount and "Keep Original Face" on, "Flip Original Face" off. 3. Scale extruded faces 4. Delete extrude faces 5. Select and flip border faces

2) by extrude edge

The process will be: 1. Extrude edges by shift drag 2. Scale 3. Flip inverted faces.
                      The reason that there'll be always flipped faces when extruding border edges is the faces generated by extruding edges is view based (always face toward viewer). It's a known issue/limitation will be addressed in future update. (https://github.com/marynate/mesh-tool/issues/36)

Comment

• Originally posted by Nate View Post
                        Hi Wolfen, glad it get it working!

Regarding your questions:
                        Set Pivot: That's something I'm working on, will be in next 1.0.7 update (you can track it here: https://github.com/marynate/mesh-tool/issues/25)
                        UV Window: Custom UV editing is the feature I want to have but haven't get time to really start working on. I would like to start working on it after wrapping
                        up current planned features (mainly slab transform and blueprint based mesh building). Meanwhile you can try Auto UV (as OptimisticMonkey mentioned or the Texture Mapping tools under Texture Map category)
                        New mesh from scratch: Insert Mesh with "Replace Mesh" option checked will basically give you new fresh mesh to work on. But form UX pov, I guess a new "New Mesh" button will make more sense. Will add that.
                        Set pivot: Awesome.
                        UV Window: Cool. Makes sense. =)
                        New mesh from scratch: Yeah, with out using an existing mesh. Just a mesh from nothing that you can add to a folder you want somewhere in content browser when done or right when you start is basically what I am thinking.

On Extruding edges: Way too much to do haha. I think I will just straight extrude the edges with move tool and bridge edges where needed or collapse / weld verts where I want hehe.

Comment

• Originally posted by JoeWintergreen View Post
                          Awesome work!

Match Quad Texture Map doesn't seem to work right for me yet, though the Face version totally does and is awesome.

My bad, I should rename it to something like "Copy Quad Texture Map" to make it less confuse with "Match Face Texture Map".

Basically what "Match Quad Texture Map" do is just copy the source UV from first Quad and paste to next Quad you click on. ( Unlike the face version which will actually project target face into source face's triangle space base on it's baryCentric coordinate)

Comment

• Another request here. Sorry if its in plans or I missed it. Didn't see this in the doc. Would it be possible to have a mode that selects a quad (two faces / triangles) that are connected? Selecting co planar with hotkey C is handy but can get tedious and also is not always what you want if you have more than two faces. So if I had a plane of 10x10 subdivisions I may want to just select a quad in the middle (two faces) and would rather be able to do this with one click instead of two clicks.

Comment

• When is this coming to the marketplace?

Comment

Another request here. Sorry if its in plans or I missed it. Didn't see this in the doc. Would it be possible to have a mode that selects a quad (two faces / triangles) that are connected? Selecting co planar with hotkey C is handy but can get tedious and also is not always what you want if you have more than two faces. So if I had a plane of 10x10 subdivisions I may want to just select a quad in the middle (two faces) and would rather be able to do this with one click instead of two clicks.
                                Have you tried the Quad mode (hotkey: 4): Click image for larger version

Name:	27847664-9c07bc70-6171-11e7-9d92-066949c88fa5.png
Views:	1
Size:	3.1 KB
ID:	1131300 Or you mean select Quad in face mode?

Comment

Working...
                                X