Pivot Tool - A Pivot Editor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Hey Nate, i think i found an bug in the plugin.

Spoiler

If i instal your plugin, my tracers dont trace correctly. Once i change the pivot and baked and the other time i only "set" the new pivot, but the trace goes wierd.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    ‚Äč
    Originally posted by MarlinAtRevis3d View Post
    Hey,
    is there a way to center the pivot of all highlighted Actors-Objects at the same time?
    I got too many actors to do it for each manually.
    Hi MarlinAtRevis3d, to set pivot to center for all selected actors, just make sure "Auto Save" is checked, and "Group Mode" is NOT checked, then click the sphere highlighted in picture.

When "Group Mode" is checked, Pivot Tool will cheat all selected actors as one group and set pivot base on the group. When it's off, Pivot Tool will set pivot for each actor individually.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Strangermode

You can achieve that with "Freeze Rotation", here'a video to show the process:

https://streamable.com/imcyg

The process would be:

1. Rotate the mesh to match desired local mesh pivot to world axis
    2. Check "Freeze Rotation", then "Bake" to bake the changes back to static mesh
    3. Since the mesh pivot is changed, you might need to update rotations of actors referencing this mesh

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hey,
    is there a way to center the pivot of all highlighted Actors-Objects at the same time?
    I got too many actors to do it for each manually.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Um... hello?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Bump... I really need some manner of answer please...

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I just bought this tool, and I have a question.

I am working with F-22 Model (fighter jet). All of my object axes (pivot points) are actually exactly where they need to be on the plane's various pieces - flaps, foils, canopy, etc in Cinema 4D. For reasons I don't understand, FBX exports out of Cinema 4D always put the pivot point for every object at world 0,0,0. So, this plugin seems like just the thing to restore this plane to a proper animate-able state.

However, while repositioning the pivot point with this plugin is fast and intuitive, I see no manner by which I can adjust the orientation of the pivot point. If I want to rotate the flaps of the plane, I need an axis to be perpendicular to the actual geo. Is this something I can accomplish with this tool?

In other words, I need this:
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen-Shot-20190502-at-10.02.20-PM.png
Views:	26
Size:	345.4 KB
ID:	1614910

But what I have right now after using your tool is this:
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen-Shot-20190502-at-10.06.02-PM.png
Views:	21
Size:	392.8 KB
ID:	1614911

Definitely an improvement over being at world 0, but not quite there yet.

If your plugin can't do this, I formally request the feature.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Pivot Tool 1.1.0 update is now live on both itch.io and unreal marketplace.

Change Log:

---------------------------------
    - Add Text UI option to display Pivot Presets as text buttons
    - Add Last Selected Mode to apply pivot preset to last selected actor and set other selected actors' pivot the same as last selected actor
    - Now "Snap to Vertex" will use current widget location instead of actor's pivot point
    - Add scrollbar to options UI

Add Text UI for those who need more screen space

Use Alt + M to move transform widget near vertex which you want to set as pivot, then click "Snap to Vert'

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by sha hu View Post
    I need to set pivot over 16k actors. While when I select all the actors in the level editor and set the pivot to the center, i found all the actors' center are set to the same location, Could you provide instructions on how to batch set the actors' pivots with this tool. Thanks.
    I posted the reply on itch.io. As it might also helps anyone has same question, I quote the answer below:

When "Group Mode" is off, all actors' pivot will be set individually.

When "Group Mode" is on, then all actors' pivot will be set as a whole group.

Here's a short video to showcase the differences.

https://streamable.com/bi3ig

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Pivot Tool 1.0.9 update with 4.20 support is now live on both itch.io and Unreal Marketplace.

Change Log
    =============================
    - Minor code clean up for non-unity build
    - Add 4.20 support

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I need to set pivot over 16k actors. While when I select all the actors in the level editor and set the pivot to the center, i found all the actors' center are set to the same location, Could you provide instructions on how to batch set the actors' pivots with this tool. Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Pivot Tool 1.0.8 update with 4.19 support is now live on both itch.io and Unreal Marketplace.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hi, I'm setting up discord server for all my tools:

https://discord.gg/dT3QWx9

Please feel free to post discussion / feature request / bug report in either place.

( I'm travelling from 14.Nov 2017 to 1 Dec.2017, and will be more active on discord when I'm back.)

Leave a comment:

• replied
    UE567 Thunderstruck OptimisticMonkey Pivot Tool 4.18 update can be downloaded from launcher now. ( If you still have issue downloading, try update the launcher to latest 6.7.1 version released on 10/30)

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Nate same launcher problem as Instance Tool - launcher shows it for 4.18 but wont install....

btw - Instance Tool installs to 4.18 from launcher now
    Last edited by OptimisticMonkey; 10-27-2017, 11:51 PM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X