Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Weapon Master VR Support Thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #91
    Originally posted by AlekseiShulga View Post
    Nice update love the cleaned up version, more easy to read.I would like to ask your opinion about how would you advice to go about and integrate it to ones project?Easyer to build on top of your project but then updating it would set you back to the begining.Or try to copy piece by piece?
    1.0.2 is going to be even cleaner with a ton more comments!

    As for integration, have you tried migrating your project in or vice versa? Weapon master needs the saved collision data and button mappings. Im not sure if that stuff trsnsfers with migration.

    Unfortunately wm is a template style asset. It had to be to get the features we wanted. There are months worth of updates we have planned too. Which means updating every few weeks. You could use source control, like git or mercurial maybe?

    When the MP version comes out it should help with updating.
    Last edited by OneShotGG; 04-20-2017, 10:53 PM.
    Heavy Diesel Softworks, LLC - Owner

    Comment


      #92
      Just wanted to check in, 1.0.2 is going along well and should be done this weekend.

      Here is a sneak peak at a new weapon coming in 1.0.2.

      Click image for larger version

Name:	Knife.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	165.4 KB
ID:	1126877

      Get ready to face stab some zombies!
      Heavy Diesel Softworks, LLC - Owner

      Comment


        #93
        Looks great! I can't wait till this hits the Marketplace

        Comment


          #94
          Originally posted by itsalwayssummer View Post
          Looks great! I can't wait till this hits the Marketplace
          1.0.2 is the version that epic wants for release (IE. It has all the changes they asked us to make along with our own improvements), so it wont be long now.
          Heavy Diesel Softworks, LLC - Owner

          Comment


            #95
            Another heads up guys and gals, I am not sure if this will make into into the initial MP release but we are planning to add in accurately scaled bullet and bullet box meshes for yall to use in your games. At first it will just be 9mm, 45, 556, and 308, but as we add new guns that use new calibers we will add new bullet meshes and boxes. The boxes will look something like the ones you can find on the shelves of your local gun shops. Update 1.1 will include the ability to mix and match different bullets of the same caliber in the same magazine so we will have meshes for those as well. An example would be having 9mm, 9mm Subsonic and 9mm Hollow Point all in one magazine that fire in the correct order. Obviously this will be coming with an inventory overhaul that many have been asking us for.

            Suppressors in 1.1 are going to work like they do in the real world. Meaning, they will only actually be silent(ish) if your are firing subsonic ammunition through them. If you fire supersonic ammunition then the fire sound will be suppressed but the sound of the bullet breaking the sound barrier will still be audible.

            We are currently in final testing for 1.0.2 and I will release it on itch as soon as we feel it is solid, then it goes to Epic for the final okay by them.
            Last edited by OneShotGG; 04-27-2017, 05:06 PM.
            Heavy Diesel Softworks, LLC - Owner

            Comment


              #96
              Please use the original locomotionpawn in next Version your copy of this is not gameready

              and it is possible update from 101 to 102 or i Need new projekt?
              Last edited by JUDGE DREDD VR; 04-27-2017, 06:32 PM.

              Comment


                #97
                Originally posted by SKYNET2K View Post
                Please use the original locomotionpawn in next Version your copy of this is not gameready

                and it is possible update from 101 to 102 or i Need new projekt?
                I will add an option to bypass the change I made in BP_MotionController which should fix your issue. The reason I changed it is because Epic's Teleport doesn't work well with buildings with upper levels.


                Here is a quick look at the Knife and new melee logic.

                Heavy Diesel Softworks, LLC - Owner

                Comment


                  #98
                  Cool, btw any chance for tutorial showing how to add new object types to be holsterable and new holsters? It just takes too much time to breakpoint all this stuff to find out all the tags and places you need stuff added to work

                  Comment


                    #99
                    Originally posted by AlekseiShulga View Post
                    Cool, btw any chance for tutorial showing how to add new object types to be holsterable and new holsters? It just takes too much time to breakpoint all this stuff to find out all the tags and places you need stuff added to work
                    YES! I am sorry the video tutorials aren't out yet. The tutorial level that epic wanted from us has taken longer than expected.

                    Right now there are three types of holster, Primary, Secondary, and Melee. These are designated by Actor Tags and tell the system what holster can take what item. In 1.0.1 only bows and firearms can be holstered. In 1.0.2 any object that is a child of BP_BasicSkeletalMeshPickup and BP_BasicFirearmPickup can be holstered. This means as long as your new object types extend from those two pickup classes they will be holsterable.

                    All these pickup classes do is handle pickup by the way and set basic hierarchy.

                    I am looking for feedback on the holstering system and the inventory. Do yall want a sort of general holster for items? I have been thinking of ways to do this, maybe some sort of grid based UI inventory for basic items like keys, food stuffs, etc?
                    Heavy Diesel Softworks, LLC - Owner

                    Comment


                      A holster for a couple easy to access items would be great keys, food, medkits, grenades. Grid based UI seems too un-immersive for VR although I would be curious to know how you were considering implementing this. For a larger inventory system, have you considered a backpack? Examples of a backpack inventory are in The Gallery: Call of the Starseed and Island 359.
                      Thanks! Looking forward to 1.0.2

                      Comment


                        Originally posted by CaliRonin View Post
                        A holster for a couple easy to access items would be great keys, food, medkits, grenades. Grid based UI seems too un-immersive for VR although I would be curious to know how you were considering implementing this. For a larger inventory system, have you considered a backpack? Examples of a backpack inventory are in The Gallery: Call of the Starseed and Island 359.
                        Thanks! Looking forward to 1.0.2
                        Backpack is exactly what I had in mind. The entire inventory is getting an overhaul soon, but the one thing we have to think about in VR is holster space. In the future the white boxes are going to become actual meshes of various holsters which should free up some body space.

                        I guess my question is, how should the backpack work? I have and idea that it is just some thing you pull out (like the gallery) and stuff is just inside of it in sort of a free floating holster. I also want a quick holster spot for things like grenades. throwing knives, etc on the right upper chest. I do think that some sort of holster on the front of the person should hold non-weapon items. I could do something like using the bullet/mag inventory holster to also holster keys and then have Icons pop up around it showing what is in it. This is getting closer to a UI inventory though.

                        I agree, for immersion the holsters need to be physical. Maybe a pocket holster on the opposite side of the secondary holster that can take any item?

                        I have been getting a lot of requests for inventory stuff so it for sure is going to be one of the first systems we improve.

                        Actually, I think I might add in a "generic item" holster for 1.0.2, it'll be circle instead of a square to help distinguish it from other holsters. I will also add the holster logic for BP_BasicStaticMeshPickup so things like keys, or cans of beans don't have to be skeletal.

                        This should start us in the right direction.
                        Last edited by OneShotGG; 04-28-2017, 12:01 PM.
                        Heavy Diesel Softworks, LLC - Owner

                        Comment


                          You seem to be on the right track with your plans going forward for the inventory and holster side of things. A dedicated pocket holster for a misc item and once for a grenade makes sense.

                          Regarding the backpack inventory concept:
                          The Gallery's idea regarding over the shoulder access of the backpack is good. Their execution with the shrinking of the items is kinda odd. Would a backpack on the Military/hunting scale be possible? Items could be kept in their proper 3d vr scale. The system could be slot based. A tall slot or two for additional unholstered large items i.e sniper rifle/sword/mini RPG. A few more slots for medium scale items i.e. knives, pistols, magic wands. Several slots for small scale items, i.e bandages, food, keys, ammo, additional grenades - gas, smoke, flashbang etc. Maybe this type of inventory system is what you mean by grid based- grid originally made me think of more traditional 2d ui.

                          Comment


                            any word on market release?

                            Comment


                              Just bought it on itch... I was too impatient to wait for the Marketplace release It's so much fun to play with! The inventory idea sounds brilliant. I'm looking forward to the future updates!

                              Comment


                                Originally posted by CaliRonin View Post
                                You seem to be on the right track with your plans going forward for the inventory and holster side of things. A dedicated pocket holster for a misc item and once for a grenade makes sense.

                                Regarding the backpack inventory concept:
                                The Gallery's idea regarding over the shoulder access of the backpack is good. Their execution with the shrinking of the items is kinda odd. Would a backpack on the Military/hunting scale be possible? Items could be kept in their proper 3d vr scale. The system could be slot based. A tall slot or two for additional unholstered large items i.e sniper rifle/sword/mini RPG. A few more slots for medium scale items i.e. knives, pistols, magic wands. Several slots for small scale items, i.e bandages, food, keys, ammo, additional grenades - gas, smoke, flashbang etc. Maybe this type of inventory system is what you mean by grid based- grid originally made me think of more traditional 2d ui.
                                I wouldn't shrink items and I would likely not allow items too big to go in. Like, I might add a size variable and everything has to be under a certain size to fit. Could also add a weight variable to limit the amount of items you can put in there. It would be adjustable for whatever backpack you want to use but yeah, we would probably use a military backpack.

                                Originally posted by thedog88 View Post
                                any word on market release?
                                Im out of town this weekend (ugh couples baby shower ) but on monday I am sending the final version to epic. It has all the changes they wanted plus the updates since 1.0 and an in game options menu. I will do a video on the options menu on sunday. Its pretty basic but lets you change your main hand, locomotion method and other stuffs on the fly and saves it. When you play again it will load these settings. So yeah, the beginning of our saving and loading system is in 1.0.2 (MP Verison) as well. :P
                                Last edited by OneShotGG; 04-29-2017, 09:57 AM.
                                Heavy Diesel Softworks, LLC - Owner

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X