No announcement yet.

Weapon Master VR Support Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can't speak for others but if I'm doing teleportation I just straight up delete the roomscale objects and unhook the trackpad rotation behaviour. Otherwise I use the VR Template verbatim for locomotion as it works well.

Comment

Just wanted to let people know that we have an itch.io forum as well, and I will be posting info both here, and there pertaining to our plans and updates.

I would also like to ask that people with questions, or issues, to please ask them publicly, instead of pming me, in either our itch forum, or here in this thread, so that others will have access to the answers as well.

Based on your feedback we are going to be uploading a major update in a few days. Here are some highlights:

- VR Character now extends from epics VR Template pawn.

- motion controllers split into their own class extended from BP_motioncontroller and logic simplified.

- dynamic right and left hand support for main hand weapons (more on this later)

- 4 locomotion modes adjustable during runtime (default teleport, directional teleport, simple slide locomotion, and directional slide locomotion).

- adjustment of visual cues for slide manipulation.

Our goal is to get community feedback updates out as fast as possible. Some suggestions we have recieved will come in our major updates that take longer though. More on what is coming in 1.1 soon!

Tutorials have been postponed until 1.0.1 is out.
      Last edited by OneShotGG; 04-08-2017, 01:24 PM.
      Heavy Diesel Softworks, LLC - Owner

Comment

Tried to make it work with Occulus Touch , found it veery hard , like to make locomotion with trackpad but without pressing it ,reqiuers to change stuff all over the place , and controller forward vectors are different ( Any chance of support of some kind of platform switch?

Comment

Originally posted by AlekseiShulga View Post
          Tried to make it work with Occulus Touch , found it veery hard , like to make locomotion with trackpad but without pressing it ,reqiuers to change stuff all over the place , and controller forward vectors are different ( Any chance of support of some kind of platform switch?
          We want to support oculus in the future but currently cannot afford the rift + touch. Once we have one i can do the testing to make it work.

1.0.1 update might help some as i have changed how inputs are done and integrated epics vr template logic which supports oculus.

Until we get a rift we will not be officially supporting it though.

Comment

just a question. Will this be network replicated? Or we have to edit ourself for make it multiplayer compatible?

Comment

Originally posted by DaviDemo View Post
              just a question. Will this be network replicated? Or we have to edit ourself for make it multiplayer compatible?
              Networking is currently not in but is planned for the future. I don't have a timeline for it so I won't make any date promises.

Weapon Master started a year ago as our single player game's weapon system. We then decided to turn it into a market place asset on the promise that it would not completely take over game development. Network features are of lower priority than filling out weapon types and adding in needed features for us right now. Once we have something that feels complete we will add in network support.

I know this may be a deal breaker for some, and lose us sales, but I don't want to promise something you may be waiting a while for. When it comes, it will do so in a 2.0 type update.
              Last edited by OneShotGG; 04-10-2017, 07:00 PM.

Comment

Finished changing Weapon Master to extend from Epics VR Template today. Basic teleportation works great and I didn't have to touch motioncontrollerpawn or BP_Motioncontroller in the process, so your custom versions of those should integrate easily. We will be bug testing tomorrow and then I hope releasing 1.0.1 on itch.io on thursday or friday. We should have a video showcasing the changes tomorrow as well.

Comment

Keen to test it!

Comment

You're selling Weapon Master VR on itch.io this weekend? Can't wait to grab it. Happy Easter weekend!
                    Michael Wentworth-Bell
                    Espire 1: VR Operative: Espire1.com
                    Melbourne, Australia

Comment

Originally posted by michaelwbell View Post
                      You're selling Weapon Master VR on itch.io this weekend? Can't wait to grab it. Happy Easter weekend!
                      Its available now.
                      https://heavydieselsoftworks.itch.io/weapon-master-vr

Though I would wait until tomorrow because our 1.0.1 patch will be out and it is changing a lot of stuff for the better.

Oh, speaking of, guys and gals 1.0.1 will be out tomorrow on itch.io. I will post the patch notes here when it is uploaded. I can't wait to get your feedback on all the changes and improvements.

Comment

Weapon Master VR 1.0.1 out now on itch.io https://heavydieselsoftworks.itch.io/weapon-master-vr

Overview Video

Weapon Master VR 1.0.1 Patch Notes

VR_Character
                        -Now extends from motioncontrollerpawn in Epic VR Template
                        -Now has 4 movement modes (Teleport, Simple Move, Directional Move, Directional Teleport)
                        -Supports Left and Right handedness
                        -Main Hand variable sets what the main hand is. Main hands are defined as the hands that can hold weapons that use the trackpad. Off hands are hands that can do movement.
                        -bUseDynamicMainHand will allow the player to dynamically change which hand is the main hand based on what hand they pick up a weapon with. Note: This feature currently doesn't work when unholstering but will in 1.0.2.
                        -MovementModes array is where you set the desired movement modes for the character. MovementMode variable is the starting mode and the current mode.
                        -All button logic is passed onto the VR_CharacterHand blueprint to handle (Two of these are spawned at begin play).
                        -VR_Character overrides motioncontrollerpawn's begin play but sets things up almost identically.
                        -Player data hand now dynamically attaches itself to the current off hand.
                        -New Functions: InitializeUI, SetPlayerDataHand, ChangeMovementMode, InitializeMovementMode, SetMainHand, GetOffHand.
                        -New Variables: RightHand, LeftHand, MovementMode, MovementModes, MainHand, bUseDynamicMainHand, DoubleButtonToDrop, PlayerDataLeftHandAdjustTransform, PlayerDataRighthandAdjustTransform, 9mm_Ammo, Max9mm_Ammo, 762x39_Ammo, Max762x39_Ammo, 50cal_Ammo, Max50cal_Ammo, 40cal_Ammo, Max40cal_Ammo, 338L_Ammo, Max338L_Ammo, 300B_Ammo, Max300B_Ammo, 38_Ammo, Max38_Ammo

VR_CharacterHand
                        -Extends from BP_MotionController
                        -Handles all input calls to weapon master objects and VR_Template Objects
                        -Overrides GrabActor, ReleaseActor functions of BP_MotionController
                        -Overrides ActivateTeleportation function of BP_MotionController
                        -Uses its own Rumble Functions that are based on the functions in BP_MotionController.
                        Two of these are spawned on Begin Play
                        -Weapons you pick up are attached to the scene component Attach Point.
                        -Trigger is now the pickup button Note: In the future I will add the option to have grab be the pickup button again.

BP_PhysicalMagazineFirearm and BP_SimpleFirearm
                        -Simplified stabilization logic that now should keep from unwanted stabilization events being called.
                        -Added in an AttachmentMode (Main hand menu button) that will allow you to remove attachments. Note: Attachments cannot be removed if attachment mode is not on.
                        -SideAttachment Illumination On/Off is now triggered by the right track pad button on the main hand.
                        -Added in a lot of rumble events. Please tell me if you like them or not.
                        -New Functions: CheckForAttachment, SetAttachmentZoneVisibility, ShowAllAttachmentZones
                        -New Variables: bDetatchmentModeOn, HandInteractionIntensity, HandInteractionDuration, WeaponInteractionIntensity, WeaponInteractionDuration, WeaponFireIntensity,WeaponFireDuration,WeaponReloadIntensity, WeaponReloadDuration.

BP_Attachment
                        -Attached to hand event logic simplified
                        -New Function: CheckOppositeHandForWeapon

BP_BowWeapon
                        -Rumble added to the bow string
                        -New Event: Rumble Timer
                        -New Variables: MaxPullIntensity, FireIntensity, FireDuration, MaxPullDuration.

BP_MeleeAI_Character (Name Changed)
                        -under AI Setup Variable Group Added AIMesh and AI_AnimBlueprint variables. Note: These are part of an engine bug workaround that deletes mesh variables every time the engine is started. Hopefully this is fixed soon and this workaround can be removed.
                        -Set AIMesh to the desired mesh for AI
                        -Set AI_AnimBlueprint to the desired animation blueprint for the AI

BP_MotionController
                        -In order to get teleport to work correctly I had to bypass the navmesh part of the Trace Teleport Distance Function and set the return value bool to return node success.
                        -Create downward vector set to -2000 instead of -200 to properly find floor when hitting a wall
                        -Both changes are easily reverted, if you need to know how please ask.

Version 1.0.2 is up next, and will include some cleanup that epic wants us to do before market place release along with a few new features, and whatever fixes come up. I will talk about this more in the near future. Tutorials will also start to pop up on our youtube channel over the next week so stay tuned. Please remember to give as much feedback as possible!

After 1.0.2 is finished, and Epic accepts it, we will start on the big 1.1 update that will include new features including bolt action weapons, advanced scopes, red dot sights, more attachments, attachments affecting weapon stats, simple firearm improvements and more.
                        Last edited by OneShotGG; 04-15-2017, 05:28 PM.

Comment

question, if i buy this on itch does it get linked to my unreal account once released on the market? or should i hold off until its on the market?

Comment

Originally posted by thedog88 View Post
                            question, if i buy this on itch does it get linked to my unreal account once released on the market? or should i hold off until its on the market?
                            On itch I get your account email addresses so we should be able to pass out vouchers for the unreal engine version when it goes live. I believe antidamage mentioned it before and he is a marketplace seller. You might want to wait on confirmation of that though. I have sent an email to epic but it usually takes a week for them to get back to us.

I am going to send out MP keys or what-have-you to all itch.io buyers once it goes live on MP.
                            Last edited by OneShotGG; 04-16-2017, 07:04 PM.

Comment

ah ok sweet, let me know once this is confirmed for sure. would certainly grab it off itch if thats the case

Comment

Nice update love the cleaned up version, more easy to read.I would like to ask your opinion about how would you advice to go about and integrate it to ones project?Easyer to build on top of your project but then updating it would set you back to the begining.Or try to copy piece by piece?

Comment

Working...
                                X