No announcement yet.

Weapon Master VR Support Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A little tip for you. I can see in your video the guns are clipping into the camera. Go to project settings, general settings and change the Near Clip Plane from 10 to 1. That will get rid of the clipping in VR. Really looking forward to this release though. Insta buy for me.

Comment

Weapon Master VR looks incredible! The 2-handed stabilization system looks really natural. Great work!
      I am going to be buying this for sure.

I am working on a VR stealth game, I put this prototype together using Mordentral's VRExpansionPlugin and his example template for the pawn and all its interactions:

I would love to use Weapon Master VR for it's Recoil/bloom and other features. I hope you get many sales!
      Michael Wentworth-Bell
      Espire 1: VR Operative: Espire1.com
      Melbourne, Australia

Comment

Any updates on the progress of the weapons system?
        Michael Wentworth-Bell
        Melbourne, Australia

Comment

Originally posted by michaelwbell View Post
          Any updates on the progress of the weapons system?
          Actually yes, a brand new video!

The example level is almost done and we are getting really close to submittal. This weekend we should be finishing up recording the sounds and possibly finishing the example level. I will be doing at least one more in depth video before submitting. When we submit we will release the trailer showing off the example level and other new stuff.

We are also using mordentral's plugin for our game. Sometime in the future I plan on doing a tutorial showing how to merge Weapon Master into his plugin. Its going to be a doozy of a tutorial though, and likely wont be until we get a few updates into weapon master.
          Heavy Diesel Softworks, LLC - Owner

Comment

Really exciting stuff Brad, the whole system and the weapon interactions look really polished. Attention to detail is really impressive. The use of separate skeletal meshes per part sounds great. How about inserting and ejecting mags - how much work is involved in adding a custom magazine mesh to the magazine actor and having it properly insert/eject from the weapon body?
            Michael Wentworth-Bell
            Melbourne, Australia

Comment

Really exciting stuff Brad, the whole system and the weapon interactions look really polished. Attention to detail is really impressive. The use of separate skeletal meshes per part sounds great. How about inserting and ejecting mags - how much work is involved in adding a custom magazine mesh to the magazine actor and having it properly insert/eject from the weapon body?
              For 1.0 (launch) magazines are going to be quite simplistic. There are 3 skeletal meshes (the mag mesh and 2 bullet meshes). If you have more than two bullets in the mag both bullet skeletal meshes will show, if only 1 bullet one of the bullet it meshes will be hidden, if no bullets both will be hidden. Setup for magazines is super simple as well, providing you have the meshes, all you would do is duplicate one of the existing mags, indicate what type of bullet it uses, set up all the meshes/sockets, and tweak a few variables.

While this system works it is less than ideal for me, but in interest of getting weapon master out sometime this decade I will look to improve upon magazines in the first couple of updates. For one I want to go away from the UMG wiget for bullet counts. They hog performance and are a crutch (see through mags or mags with peep holes are more realistic). In the future I want magazines to actually have all of the bullets in them physically and simulate the proper spring movements per shot. I will leave the UMG counter in as an option for those with sci-fi games or feel they need it. Since Update 1 has sort of ballooned out a bunch the magazine updates probably wont make it in until update 2.

BTW, attaching the mag to a weapon is actually handled by the guns. There is a specific socket on the gun that will tell the mag where it needs to lock too. Right now there is no collision between the mag and the guns while you hold them in your hand, but I hope to have that changed in the future.

My first tutorial is going to be making a magazine firearm from one of the marketplace available guns (likely one of ironbelly's) and that will include magazine setup. In the future we are going to sell "Weapon Master Ready" firearm packs that are modeled by our actual artist (who is **** good). The guns currently in Weapon Master were modeled by me and, well, yeah, I am no artist, but they work for examples :P.
              Last edited by OneShotGG; 02-23-2017, 05:57 PM.

Comment

Hey everyone, just a heads up. Example level is done, we are just doing clean up and bug testing before submittal. Should have a new in-depth video out soon and submittal following that. I have updated the OP with new info as well.
                Last edited by OneShotGG; 02-28-2017, 12:53 PM.

Comment

Very exciting news. The 1st post lists an initial price, it seems very low for what the pack contains. I hope it becomes the VR weapon system. The idea of selling "weapon master" ready firearm packs in the future is great. Imagine if other studios like Ironbelly updated their packs to to be "weapon master Ready" too? didn't imagine the 1.0 release would already have finer details like the 2 bullet meshes in magazines - that's crazy. Eagerly awaiting the release!
                  Michael Wentworth-Bell
                  Melbourne, Australia

Comment

Very exciting news. The 1st post lists an initial price, it seems very low for what the pack contains. I hope it becomes the VR weapon system. The idea of selling "weapon master" ready firearm packs in the future is great. Imagine if other studios like Ironbelly updated their packs to to be "weapon master Ready" too? didn't imagine the 1.0 release would already have finer details like the 2 bullet meshes in magazines - that's crazy. Eagerly awaiting the release!
                    I feel the price is pretty fair to start off with, but we do plan on raising the price after some of the major updates. Also, its nice that the asset is a Trojan horse for the high quality weapon packs we have planned(which will be perfectly usable without weapon master as well).

The way mags work right now is a comprimise but works well. The future will see mags with animation to simulate spring movement.

Comment

i was working on this exact same system from the ground up but i'm fairly new to things so seeing this brings joy to my face. can't wait to get my hands on it so i can progress with my game plan. is there a rough ETA on first release? also i saw you mentioned price will go up. if i purchase the first version, will i have access to future releases for free? or would i have to rebuy?

thanks for the great work!

Comment

Originally posted by thedog88 View Post
                        i was working on this exact same system from the ground up but i'm fairly new to things so seeing this brings joy to my face. can't wait to get my hands on it so i can progress with my game plan. is there a rough ETA on first release? also i saw you mentioned price will go up. if i purchase the first version, will i have access to future releases for free? or would i have to rebuy?

Updates for all marketplace items are free. You only pay if they rerelease it as a new project. Example one marketplace seller had a pack for VR hands and was talking about a sci fi update but released the sci fi vr hands as a separate pack instead.

Comment

yeah figured as much but never know. thanks for the infor though.

Comment

Originally posted by thedog88 View Post

As mentioned above updates are free. We will raise the price as the value increases for new buyers. Early adopters reap the benefits of helping us mold the asset into what should be extremely comprehensive in the near future.

The rough ETA is hard to nail down since once we submit release time is up to epic and their asset queue. I am nearly done cleaning everything up to be in a release state (getting rid of test functions, unused variables, adding in missing comments and variable definitions). Weapon Master is not a small asset at all so this part takes some time. For those curious WM is currently 113 blueprints (including children), 33 skeletal meshes, 133 textures, 25 materials, 42 sounds, and around 30 animations. If you look at our update schedule you can imagine just how much more complex the asset is going to get feature-wise.

While I want to keep things relatively simple on the users end (ie your end), the back end of an asset that aims to recreate weapon handling across a lot of functionally different firearms is...daunting. So, naturally, its taking me some time :P. I will try to get things done as fast as possible though.

To be honest, it bothers me that Weapon Master 1.0 only covers Simple Weapons, Magazine Weapons, Attachments 1.0, and bows. That is the reason the price starts at $50 and not $100. There are weapon types currently missing that I wont get to for some time like revolvers, breach loaders, belt fed machine guns, meaningful melee combat, thrown weapons, rocket launchers, etc. Once all of that is in I predict the price will be closer to $100 than $50.
                            Last edited by OneShotGG; 03-06-2017, 02:52 PM.

Comment

We found this footage on the corpse of one of our Beta testers. Hope yall enjoy!

More videos coming soon!

Comment

This looks great! Looking forward to the release. Definitely will be purchasing as soon as it is available.

Comment

Working...
                                X