Weapon Master VR Support Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pharmadude View Post
    What do you think about making the hands visible and orientating them to hold the weapons, mags, etc. to increase immersion? For example, https://goo.gl/images/OKN7uW
    I second that, it really adds to immersion and many of us will make good use of that.

I purchased the pack through Itch, I use oculus, so supporting you in advance. I can`t really use touch on the pack, the hands seem off on rotation and position to touch controllers and cant menu, locomotion or most over stuff to work such as ejecting mags, attachments etc. But looking forward to full oculus/touch support.
    My Marketplace Items

My Website

My Unreal Games

Comment

Hands visibility would be a great addition.

Comment

I'm willing to donate $100 or more on itch.io in advance to help pay for such a feature

Comment

What do you think about making the hands visible and orientating them to hold the weapons, mags, etc. to increase immersion? For example, https://goo.gl/images/OKN7uW
          Hands are coming. It might be 1.2 before we get to them though. I need to create a skeletal rig before we can get started on them. We will be adding the option for sure though.
          Heavy Diesel Softworks, LLC - Owner

Comment

Great news. may I add dear friend, that for versatility, and awesomeness for working up the weapon master pack. Is to simply include the Unreal 4 skeleton, and use the IK- to root the hands, Do 2-4 anims for grips with hands. and you have something many people will be able to work with, and Kudos for an awesome pack. This is not just a personal request, as it would help me out and save an hours work, but please check this tutorial for quick and easy implementation. : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eP9stmukhmI \Just a short amount of work in IK will really stand out and save you lots of troubles all round for just hands and different types Really looking forward to Oculus Touch support so I can use this and get to test it out properly
            My Marketplace Items

My Website

My Unreal Games

Comment

How would I go about amending the head shot logic with my own meshes for the zombies? Everything else works except this. Is there something I need to add or rename to my skeletal mesh?

Comment

Originally posted by Tír na nÓg Games View Post
                How would I go about amending the head shot logic with my own meshes for the zombies? Everything else works except this. Is there something I need to add or rename to my skeletal mesh?
                Make sure your characters head has the physics material "Head".

Comment

Originally posted by OneShotGG View Post
                  Make sure your characters head has the physics material "Head".
                  How would I go about doing that? Sorry if I sound thick but do you mean use the PM_Head in the head material. I don't have one for my meshes but I checked in your head material and you have nothing in the Phys Material slot so where did you put yours?

Comment

How would I go about doing that? Sorry if I sound thick but do you mean use the PM_Head in the head material. I don't have one for my meshes but I checked in your head material and you have nothing in the Phys Material slot so where did you put yours?
                    When doing your physics asset for your ai you can assign different physics materials to different parts of the body. Assign th PM_Head to the physics primative you are using for the head in your characters Physics Asset.

Comment

I'm using the Projectiles pack with this and for some bizarre reason when +DefaultChannelResponses=(Channel=ECC_GameTraceChannel1,Name="AITarget",DefaultResponse=ECR_Ignore,bTraceType=False,bStaticObject=False) is in the default engine ini it stops the collision for the projectiles pack from working. When I take it out it works fine. I don't notice any difference with it out. Everything else in Weapon master seems to work fine so just in case I have some game braking bug somewhere down the line what does +DefaultChannelResponses=(Channel=ECC_GameTraceChannel1,Name="AITarget",DefaultResponse=ECR_Ignore,bTraceType=False,bStaticObject=False) do and is it important?

Comment

Originally posted by OneShotGG View Post
                        When doing your physics asset for your ai you can assign different physics materials to different parts of the body. Assign th PM_Head to the physics primative you are using for the head in your characters Physics Asset.
                        Ok I see that now. I applied the PM_Head to my mesh but it still takes 3 head shots to kill him. I can see in the BP_InstantHit that deals with the damage for a headshot. I tried changing the critical multiplier from 2.0 to 6.0 but that didn't make any difference. What am I doing wrong? How can I increase the damage done by a head shot?

Comment

Has anyone managed to get the Generated Gore Dismemberment Kit from the Marketplace (https://www.unrealengine.com/marketp...memberment-kit) to work with this project yet? I was able to get the Basic Pistol to fire the gore projectile, which is the default yellow ball from the fps template, but it doesn't dismember the example characters that came with the project.

Comment

Has anyone managed to get the Generated Gore Dismemberment Kit from the Marketplace (https://www.unrealengine.com/marketp...memberment-kit) to work with this project yet? I was able to get the Basic Pistol to fire the gore projectile, which is the default yellow ball from the fps template, but it doesn't dismember the example characters that came with the project.
                            I will pick this up soon and see what I can do to make it work. Been waiting for an asset like this!

Comment

Ok I see that now. I applied the PM_Head to my mesh but it still takes 3 head shots to kill him. I can see in the BP_InstantHit that deals with the damage for a headshot. I tried changing the critical multiplier from 2.0 to 6.0 but that didn't make any difference. What am I doing wrong? How can I increase the damage done by a head shot?
                              Which gun are you using? You are setting the critical multiplier on a child of BP_InstantHit right? Like, if you are firing the pistol you actually set the critical on BP_45 child of BP_InstantHit.

Comment

I hope I don't get in trouble but I made this thread https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...089#post726089 to try and get an answer from epic about their continued lack of email correspondence. I don't know what else to do as I have tried multiple different avenues to figure out what the heck is going on for yall.

For those that have, thank yall so much for purchasing on itch.io, and I will keep trying to get this thing on the MP for those that are waiting.

Comment

Working...
                                X