Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Weapon Master VR Support Thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    caaaaaaaaaaaant wait for the update all looking amazing! great job as usual!

    Comment


      Originally posted by PXDN View Post
      :-( no oculus rift support with 1.1? Cant you borrow a rift somewhere? It would maximise your sells.
      I am going to include Oculus touch button mapping. Given that weapon master extends from Epic's VR Template that works with oculus this should get it close to working with rift + touch. I am trying to track down someone with a touch to test.
      Heavy Diesel Softworks, LLC - Owner

      Comment


        Originally posted by OneShotGG View Post
        I am going to include Oculus touch button mapping. Given that weapon master extends from Epic's VR Template that works with oculus this should get it close to working with rift + touch. I am trying to track down someone with a touch to test.
        great thank you!!!!

        Comment


          When comes the 1.1?

          Comment


            Originally posted by OneShotGG View Post
            Part 2 of the tutorial is up.

            I don't use any 3d modeling programs. Would I be able to buy a pack like https://www.unrealengine.com/marketp...e-variety-pack or https://www.unrealengine.com/marketp...-pack-vr-ready
            and skip to the second part of your firearm tutorial, the part where you work within unreal itself? I'm looking at one of their screenshots and it looks like the components are broken up or does it need more than just that to work?

            Click image for larger version

Name:	Gun.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	177.6 KB
ID:	1129307
            Attached Files

            Comment


              Originally posted by tcla75 View Post
              I don't use any 3d modeling programs. Would I be able to buy a pack like https://www.unrealengine.com/marketp...e-variety-pack or https://www.unrealengine.com/marketp...-pack-vr-ready
              and skip to the second part of your firearm tutorial, the part where you work within unreal itself? I'm looking at one of their screenshots and it looks like the components are broken up or does it need more than just that to work?

              [ATTACH=CONFIG]144422[/ATTACH]
              If you intend to use physical magazine firearms the various pieces need to be broken up into seperate skeletal meshes. I am not sure if the packs come that way or not. If they dont you will have to follow thr first tutorial to rig them correctly.

              If you wish to use just the basic firearm then combined meshes with animations will work. Basic firearms dont have slide/charging handle manipulation.

              We currently have 5 modern weapon packs planned (3 guns each) that will be sold seperately and work with WM with no outside setup needed.

              The tut i am doing uses a chamferzone model btw, akm, and all his meshes in that ultimate pack will need to follow similar steps to work with the physical magazine firearm system in weapon master.
              Heavy Diesel Softworks, LLC - Owner

              Comment


                Originally posted by OneShotGG View Post
                If you intend to use physical magazine firearms the various pieces need to be broken up into seperate skeletal meshes. I am not sure if the packs come that way or not. If they dont you will have to follow thr first tutorial to rig them correctly.

                If you wish to use just the basic firearm then combined meshes with animations will work. Basic firearms dont have slide/charging handle manipulation.

                We currently have 5 modern weapon packs planned (3 guns each) that will be sold seperately and work with WM with no outside setup needed.

                The tut i am doing uses a chamferzone model btw, akm, and all his meshes in that ultimate pack will need to follow similar steps to work with the physical magazine firearm system in weapon master.
                Cool when do you plan to release the packs and what price ball park wise are you looking at?

                Comment


                  Hey everyone here is the next part of the AKM tutorial




                  Originally posted by tcla75 View Post
                  Cool when do you plan to release the packs and what price ball park wise are you looking at?
                  We are shooting for august with the first pack and I am not sure what the price point will be. Version 1.1 of WM will come with an MP5 that is a Free "Sample" showing the quality you will get with our premium weapons.
                  Heavy Diesel Softworks, LLC - Owner

                  Comment


                    Hi Oneshot, I can see you use a BP_AI_Target to get the zombie to attack the player. I can see in the BP_VRCharacter where you spawn the BP but there no code in the target BP itself and I can't see anything in the zombie BP that tells it to attack or move towards the target BP. Can you let me know where this logic is setup? If you want to pm me the answer instead of putting the code here thats cool.

                    Comment


                      This is by far the greatest pack I've ever seen. Has anyone successfully changed with hands in this project using "Hands for VR SciFi" from the Marketplace? I tried using the Mechanized Gloves, but when connecting the grip state variable, it auto-changed into "Byte to Enum GripEnum." There's something I'm supposed to connect after this to enable the grip state, but I'm at a dead end for now. Anyone have any ideas? I wasn't able to upload images for some reason, so I've included a link:
                      https://answers.unrealengine.com/que...-template.html
                      Attached Files

                      Comment


                        Originally posted by Pharmadude View Post
                        This is by far the greatest pack I've ever seen. Has anyone successfully changed with hands in this project using "Hands for VR SciFi" from the Marketplace? I tried using the Mechanized Gloves, but when connecting the grip state variable, it auto-changed into "Byte to Enum GripEnum." There's something I'm supposed to connect after this to enable the grip state, but I'm at a dead end for now. Anyone have any ideas? I wasn't able to upload images for some reason, so I've included a link:
                        https://answers.unrealengine.com/que...-template.html
                        I used their first hand pack for VR which should be the same. I'm just in work right now but I'll send you screenshots later of how I did it.

                        Comment


                          Originally posted by tcla75 View Post
                          Hi Oneshot, I can see you use a BP_AI_Target to get the zombie to attack the player. I can see in the BP_VRCharacter where you spawn the BP but there no code in the target BP itself and I can't see anything in the zombie BP that tells it to attack or move towards the target BP. Can you let me know where this logic is setup? If you want to pm me the answer instead of putting the code here thats cool.
                          The AI logic is pretty bare bones right now. I hope to expand upon it in the future. In 1.1 AI_Target is going to be replaced by the dummy mover to remove redundancy.

                          If you are curious how the AI knows to look for the AI_Target look at BP_Serv_AgroCheck in the AI Folder. It is a service that runs at the top of the Zombie AI behavior Tree and sets the TargetToFollow Variable in blackboard.
                          Heavy Diesel Softworks, LLC - Owner

                          Comment


                            Originally posted by Pharmadude View Post
                            This is by far the greatest pack I've ever seen. Has anyone successfully changed with hands in this project using "Hands for VR SciFi" from the Marketplace? I tried using the Mechanized Gloves, but when connecting the grip state variable, it auto-changed into "Byte to Enum GripEnum." There's something I'm supposed to connect after this to enable the grip state, but I'm at a dead end for now. Anyone have any ideas? I wasn't able to upload images for some reason, so I've included a link:
                            https://answers.unrealengine.com/que...-template.html


                            I believe I fix your problem in this video?
                            Heavy Diesel Softworks, LLC - Owner

                            Comment


                              Thanks so much, Brad! This is really helpful. Keep up the great work.

                              Comment


                                What do you think about making the hands visible and orientating them to hold the weapons, mags, etc. to increase immersion? For example, https://goo.gl/images/OKN7uW
                                Attached Files

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X