Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Weapon Master VR Support Thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Just a little tip for everyone using this asset. As you can see you can't hold the sight to close to your eyes as you will clip through the mesh.

    Click image for larger version

Name:	Near Clip.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	80.4 KB
ID:	1128651

    This is because the near clip plane is set to the default 10.0 in project settings, general. Change it to 1.0 then close and restart your project.

    Click image for larger version

Name:	Near clip4.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	96.0 KB
ID:	1128653

    You now can hold the sight as close as you want without clipping through. This is the same for all the firearms also. No more disappearing in half when you are aiming.

    Click image for larger version

Name:	Near clip 3.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	59.7 KB
ID:	1128654

    Click image for larger version

Name:	near clip 2.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	57.5 KB
ID:	1128655

    Comment


      awesome tip! fixed a few issues for me

      Comment


        Originally posted by tcla75 View Post
        Just a little tip for everyone using this asset. As you can see you can't hold the sight to close to your eyes as you will clip through the mesh.

        This is because the near clip plane is set to the default 10.0 in project settings, general. Change it to 1.0 then close and restart your project.

        You now can hold the sight as close as you want without clipping through. This is the same for all the firearms also. No more disappearing in half when you are aiming.
        Cheers mate, this really helped!

        Comment


          so after a few minutes of trial and error i finally got my first melee weapon in. wanted to share a few things in case others are trying. after importing your skeletal mesh and creating a child blueprint from the melee weapon bp you want to double check all the collision presets. i was having a hell of a time trying to figure out why its not working until i saw that by default the hand is ignored. so you want to switch that to overlap. generate overlap events by default is also turned off, so be sure to check that box too. those were the 2 key issues i ran into with melee weapons, everything else worked rather great.
          [MENTION=294342]OneShotGG[/MENTION] i do have one request though. i see that you can enable/disable the hand. it would be nice if you could define a animation as well as set rotation and transform (like the weapon position and rotation). that way, at least for melee weapons, you could simply create the animation, select it in a drop down, and then adjust transform as needed. for firearms it would probably be a bit more complicated since you probably want different animations for different things. not sure if it be more efficient to handle that in the anim_bp instead of in the weapon_bp but if handled in weapon_bp you could set specific animations a lot easier.

          Comment


            [MENTION=294342]OneShotGG[/MENTION] are you still planning on doing the tutorial to integrate with Mordentrals VRExpansion?

            Comment


              trying to setup my own characters to receive melee damage, what all do i need to transfer to my own characters for that to properly work?

              Comment


                Any idea why Custom Time Dilation is not working with this pack? I am trying to slow down the world around me but have the player still walk at a normal pace. I tried using a Custom Time Dilation but when I walk in VR time still slows down. I tried both get player character and get player pawn but none worked. Below are screens.

                Edit: Just to be clear, I'm using artificial locomotion so push forward and you move forward back, sideways and so on. The problem is that when I slow down the time of the world the player also moves really slowly. You can still look around at normal speed but moving the pawn through the vr space becomes slow. I'm trying to keep the locomotion speed normal.

                Click image for larger version

Name:	Slowvr.JPG
Views:	2
Size:	109.8 KB
ID:	1128791

                Click image for larger version

Name:	VRPawnsad.JPG
Views:	2
Size:	33.8 KB
ID:	1128792
                Last edited by tcla75; 05-30-2017, 07:33 AM.

                Comment


                  Hey everyone, I am back from my short Memorial Day vacation and diving back in to WM. I still have not heard back from Epic despite sending 3 emails so I have no idea what is going on. I am sick of waiting so as soon as this first big tutorial is done I am going to get started on 1.1 (I know you guys and gals are itching for some of those new features). I am really frustrated with the complete lack of communication about the MP release but hopefully it gets resolved soon. I will continue to keep you updated.


                  Originally posted by Onlygolden1 View Post
                  I know it says Multiplayer isn't currently supported, but does that mean it's not possible for me to do all that on my own? Or just that you haven't messed around with it yet. Because I'm working on a multiplayer project so I'm willing to do all that myself and I'd love to use this as a basis.. but I'd like to know if it's even worth it to try .
                  There is nothing stopping you from making it multiplayer capable. Some day I hope to do just that but I have no time frame for it. WM is single player because it started life as just a portion of our single player game, which has now been expanded drastically.

                  Originally posted by The Revera Corporation View Post
                  I'm going straight to 4.16 for my project with WM VR. Since it is still relatively new I don't think working to support 4.15 and 4.16 is necessarily important. I'd just go on to 4.16 already.

                  Best,
                  Ok, should I do a 4.16 build of 1.0.2 or just wait for 1.1 for 4.16?

                  Originally posted by tcla75 View Post
                  Just a little tip for everyone using this asset. As you can see you can't hold the sight to close to your eyes as you will clip through the mesh.
                  Wow, thank you so much for this tip, I will make this change default in the next version!

                  Originally posted by thedog88 View Post
                  so after a few minutes of trial and error i finally got my first melee weapon in. wanted to share a few things in case others are trying. after importing your skeletal mesh and creating a child blueprint from the melee weapon bp you want to double check all the collision presets. i was having a hell of a time trying to figure out why its not working until i saw that by default the hand is ignored. so you want to switch that to overlap. generate overlap events by default is also turned off, so be sure to check that box too. those were the 2 key issues i ran into with melee weapons, everything else worked rather great.
                  [MENTION=294342]OneShotGG[/MENTION] i do have one request though. i see that you can enable/disable the hand. it would be nice if you could define a animation as well as set rotation and transform (like the weapon position and rotation). that way, at least for melee weapons, you could simply create the animation, select it in a drop down, and then adjust transform as needed. for firearms it would probably be a bit more complicated since you probably want different animations for different things. not sure if it be more efficient to handle that in the anim_bp instead of in the weapon_bp but if handled in weapon_bp you could set specific animations a lot easier.
                  I would handle all animation in the anim_BP and we plan on doing exactly that in the near future. I wanted to have animated main hands with all weapons in 1.1 but that hinges on the time it takes me to create a hand rig and Collin to animate them.

                  Are you wanting to rotate the hand or just the weapon? There actually are rotation and location values for adjusting the weapon. Maybe I am misunderstanding?

                  Originally posted by Onlygolden1 View Post
                  [MENTION=294342]OneShotGG[/MENTION] are you still planning on doing the tutorial to integrate with Mordentrals VRExpansion?
                  YES! Tuts take longer to do right than I thought (partially because I am a bad speaker :P) but I do want to do one.

                  Originally posted by thedog88 View Post
                  trying to setup my own characters to receive melee damage, what all do i need to transfer to my own characters for that to properly work?
                  You want to take damage from the zombie or from your own AI?

                  Originally posted by tcla75 View Post
                  Any idea why Custom Time Dilation is not working with this pack? I am trying to slow down the world around me but have the player still walk at a normal pace. I tried using a Custom Time Dilation but when I walk in VR time still slows down. I tried both get player character and get player pawn but none worked. Below are screens.

                  Edit: Just to be clear, I'm using artificial locomotion so push forward and you move forward back, sideways and so on. The problem is that when I slow down the time of the world the player also moves really slowly. You can still look around at normal speed but moving the pawn through the vr space becomes slow. I'm trying to keep the locomotion speed normal.

                  [ATTACH=CONFIG]142949[/ATTACH]

                  [ATTACH=CONFIG]142950[/ATTACH]
                  This could be due to a couple of things. I actually am not that familiar with UE4s time manipulation stuff I believe there could be an issue somewhere that I am using "Get world Delta seconds" when I shouldn't. Or it could be an issue with passing values from the player character to the dummy mover. I am going to try and take a look at this and see what I can find out.
                  Heavy Diesel Softworks, LLC - Owner

                  Comment


                    BTW, just so yall know, I do generally take weekends/holidays off but I will try to catch any missed comments on the day I am back in the office.
                    Heavy Diesel Softworks, LLC - Owner

                    Comment


                      I'm having a bit of a problem figuring out the character movement. I have a climbing system I want to use but that uses the character movement reference that is in the pawn. See below screenshot. The VR pawn in your template doesn't have one so how would I go about referencing the movement? Also how would I change things like player walking speed and adding a jump as I can't find where the movement is coming from?

                      Click image for larger version

Name:	VRmovem.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	108.8 KB
ID:	1128832

                      Comment


                        Originally posted by tcla75 View Post
                        I'm having a bit of a problem figuring out the character movement. I have a climbing system I want to use but that uses the character movement reference that is in the pawn. See below screenshot. The VR pawn in your template doesn't have one so how would I go about referencing the movement? Also how would I change things like player walking speed and adding a jump as I can't find where the movement is coming from?

                        [ATTACH=CONFIG]143042[/ATTACH]
                        The Dummy mover has a character Movement Component. You want to reference that.
                        Heavy Diesel Softworks, LLC - Owner

                        Comment


                          [MENTION=294342]OneShotGG[/MENTION] i'm trying to setup my own enemy AI character but be able to kill him with melee attacks. it works fine when i hit/ stab the zombie but doesnt work on my own character.


                          nvm i figured it out. the physics body needed a physics material override to pm_body. all working now
                          Last edited by thedog88; 05-30-2017, 07:52 PM.

                          Comment


                            Originally posted by OneShotGG View Post
                            The Dummy mover has a character Movement Component. You want to reference that.
                            This worked for the time dilation problem I was having earlier but I just tried adding a jump and its not working. Should the below BP work?
                            Click image for larger version

Name:	jumpnooo.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	54.4 KB
ID:	1128838

                            Comment


                              Originally posted by thedog88 View Post
                              [MENTION=294342]OneShotGG[/MENTION] i'm trying to setup my own enemy AI character but be able to kill him with melee attacks. it works fine when i hit/ stab the zombie but doesnt work on my own character.


                              nvm i figured it out. the physics body needed a physics material override to pm_body. all working now
                              Don't forget that PM_Body and PM_Head will give different damage amounts (PM_Head will multiply damage times weapon's critical multiplier).
                              Heavy Diesel Softworks, LLC - Owner

                              Comment


                                Originally posted by tcla75 View Post
                                This worked for the time dilation problem I was having earlier but I just tried adding a jump and its not working. Should the below BP work?
                                [ATTACH=CONFIG]143050[/ATTACH]
                                It should work but I have never tested jumping. If you want to debug the Dummy mover you can either show the capsule component in BP_VRDummyMover or add a skeletal mesh to the mesh component in BP_VRDummyMover. That should let you know if the Dummy Mover is jumping at all. If it is jumping then there is a disconnect between the Mover and the Player Character. If it isn't jumping then there is something off with the the Character Movement component settings.

                                If you are confused, think of the Dummy Mover as a hoverboard the player character can move around on. If you are walking around in the play space the dummy mover follows you. If you are using touchpad to move you follow the dummy mover. This should work vertically but first we need to know if the mover is actually jumping or not.
                                Heavy Diesel Softworks, LLC - Owner

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X