Weapon Master VR Support Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PXDN View Post
    Please tell me this is compatible to OCULUS Rift and Touch!!!!! If not, will you support it??? Its a awesome asset!
    No but we hope to be able to support it soon. We don't actually have a rift with touch yet. I am thinking of adding in the touch controls for 1.1. I will have no way to test though.
    Heavy Diesel Softworks, LLC - Owner

Comment

Originally posted by pixelitodesign View Post
      Hi, I just purchased the asset even if its not supporting Oculus yet to support you, and hopefully can you make it later compatible to oculus. Thank you!
      Like i mentioned above in 1.1 I am going to add in the rift controls at the very least. I won't be able to officially support it until we can get access to a headset to test.

Comment

great thank you!

Comment

Just wanted to drop yall a line and let you know what is up. Right now I am still working on the Magazine Firearm tutorial. This week has been kind of crazy so I got a little behind but it should be out soonish. I am going to be doing the rigging portion in Maya. For you Blender users I will go back later once I figure out how to rig in blender (seriously, why is it so different? I can't make heads or tails of the blender rigging system). That said the theory behind rigging the weapons is the same and once you get your skeletal meshes into UE4 it should also have the same setup.

As far as the MP version, we still haven't heard from epic going on 2 weeks now. I have sent emails but none have been answered. I am hoping they are just busy with their improvements. I will let you know when I hear more, believe me I am as frustrated as yall. Once Epic gives us the OK I will begin work on the 1.1 update that I know many of you are looking forward to.

Comment

Originally posted by OneShotGG View Post
            It does not integrate out of the box, it is built on top of Epics VR Template though. That said, I have mentioned before that I will make a video tutorial showing how to integrate the two in the near future, but that will mostly be for its locomotion and climbing. [. . . ]
            This week is going to see a few tutorials come out. I will try and sneak that one it but it may be a while. Its going to be a long tutorial with lots of blueprint changing.
            Hi,

I would be really interested in integrating the two as well. mordentral's plugin for is fantastic for its custom pawn.

Best,

Comment

Heya guys, was interested in getting this plugin, but see it's not on marketplace yet.

If I get the itch.io version, will that purchase transfer to the marketplace once that's up, or should I wait for the marketplace version?

Comment

Originally posted by Zaptruder View Post
                Heya guys, was interested in getting this plugin, but see it's not on marketplace yet.

If I get the itch.io version, will that purchase transfer to the marketplace once that's up, or should I wait for the marketplace version?
                Get the itch.io version is my suggestion. Although it is a major plus, Epic's quality control and team help make everything on the UE marketplace rock solid and well documented, but updates can take some time to go online.

By getting the itch.io version, you'll have likely have sooner access to updates, but of course it will not show up in the Epic Games Launcher, as Epic and itch are two completely separate digital distributors.

Also, WM VR is not technically a plugin, which is what I think people like about it. Easy to bolt on other plugins or your own systems. Nice to learn from too, a lot of thought seems to of gone into it to make it easy to work with as a team.

Best,

Comment

I have had other devs tell me it is possible but since Epic isn't responding to emails I haven't been able to confirm.

Originally posted by The Revera Corporation View Post
                  Get the itch.io version is my suggestion. Although it is a major plus, Epic's quality control and team help make everything on the UE marketplace rock solid and well documented, but updates can take some time to go online.

By getting the itch.io version, you'll have likely have sooner access to updates, but of course it will not show up in the Epic Games Launcher, as Epic and itch are two completely separate digital distributors.

Also, WM VR is not technically a plugin, which is what I think people like about it. Easy to bolt on other plugins or your own systems. Nice to learn from too, a lot of thought seems to of gone into it to make it easy to work with as a team.

Best,
                  Exactly, I actually wanted to provide as much as we could but also allow people to use their own stuff. The entire gun system is designed to work with other realistic bullet systems with just a little work and checking off a bool (for example).

Comment

I have had other devs tell me it is possible but since Epic isn't responding to emails I haven't been able to confirm.

Exactly, I actually wanted to provide as much as we could but also allow people to use their own stuff. The entire gun system is designed to work with other realistic bullet systems with just a little work and checking off a bool (for example).
                    Sounds good... is there an ETA on the marketplace version?

Comment

Sounds good... is there an ETA on the marketplace version?
                      Currently no because epic hasn't responded to emails for 2 weeks. Not sure what is going on. Thinking of starting a thread asking if anyone else is having trouble getting a hold of them.

Comment

Part 1 of the Magazine Firearm Tutorial (Maya)

Comment

Part 1 of the Magazine Firearm Tutorial (Maya)
                          sweet, just flipped through this. ill give it a shot in blender and i don't blame you for doing it in maya, understandably learning a new program can be annoying and time consuming. good job though, and look forward to the next video

Comment

Originally posted by thedog88 View Post
                            sweet, just flipped through this. ill give it a shot in blender and i don't blame you for doing it in maya, understandably learning a new program can be annoying and time consuming. good job though, and look forward to the next video
                            I actually do most of my modeling in blender. I just have no clue how the armature stuff works. Like, I tried it and it was completely alien lol. I will go back and figure it out soon. One thing I forgot to do in the tutorial is zero out the bullet and shell bones before exporting. I will mention that I went back and did that in the next part. Life stuff has slowed down so I should be able to get part 2 out sooner.

Question: Is anyone planning to not upgrade to 4.16? I am not sure how it works with the MP but I was thinking that version 1.1 would be a 4.16 build for itch.io . I think there are some 4.16 features that I might be using (or maybe its 4.17?), anyways I want to try and add the ability to grab the zombies like they do in robo recall.
                            Last edited by OneShotGG; 05-24-2017, 10:33 PM.

Comment

I know it says Multiplayer isn't currently supported, but does that mean it's not possible for me to do all that on my own? Or just that you haven't messed around with it yet. Because I'm working on a multiplayer project so I'm willing to do all that myself and I'd love to use this as a basis.. but I'd like to know if it's even worth it to try .

Comment

I actually do most of my modeling in blender. I just have no clue how the armature stuff works. Like, I tried it and it was completely alien lol. I will go back and figure it out soon. One thing I forgot to do in the tutorial is zero out the bullet and shell bones before exporting. I will mention that I went back and did that in the next part. Life stuff has slowed down so I should be able to get part 2 out sooner.

Question: Is anyone planning to not upgrade to 4.16? I am not sure how it works with the MP but I was thinking that version 1.1 would be a 4.16 build for itch.io . I think there are some 4.16 features that I might be using (or maybe its 4.17?), anyways I want to try and add the ability to grab the zombies like they do in robo recall.
                                I'm going straight to 4.16 for my project with WM VR. Since it is still relatively new I don't think working to support 4.15 and 4.16 is necessarily important. I'd just go on to 4.16 already.

Best,

Comment

Working...
                                X