Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Multiplayer Crafting System | Compatible with other Inventories | 4.16 Submitted

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [SUPPORT] Multiplayer Crafting System | Compatible with other Inventories | 4.16 Submitted

Link to Marketplace Page: Click here!

Documentation:

Quick-Guide: How to connect an existing Inventory System

Patches:

Hotfix #2 (4.13/4.14)/4.15 Release:

Spoiler

Hotfix #1: Fixed Issue #1 in latest 4.14 update.

Known issues

Issue #1: Version: [4.14] | When downloading the fresh project, starting it and pressing PLAY, the Player only spawns as a flying pawn.
    Reason: The project's default GameMode got reset during the submission process. (It's still properly set in 4.13 and my local copy of 4.14).
    How to fix it: The fix is easy and straight forward. Set the GameMode (here for the Level and not for the project) like I do in this gif:

Spoiler

Hey party people,

My Multiplayer Crafting System is released!
    Below you can find all key features.
    If you have any questions or problems, feel free to send me an e-mail, pm or post an answer to this thread!
    (Gifs and Images at the end of this post.)

Key features:

Multiplayer Support

The System is designed to work in Singleplayer and Multiplayer. You can use it for ListenServer and DedicatedServer setups.

Personal Player Crafting

Your Player can craft without any "device". The System will either use the Players linked Inventory or an additional one used by the Crafting system alone.

Actor based Crafting

You can provide Actors with the ability to be used for crafting. Such as a Workbench, Anvil or Furnace.
    All three examples are featured in this project for you to study and use.

Fuel-based Crafting

Campfire should only work, if it still has some wood on it, right?
    The furnace, for example, can only be used if you provide it with wood or similar burning items.

Crafting Queue

Crafting uses a queue. As long as you have enough resources you can add more recipes to the queue and let them finish while you are doing something else.

Uses the power of DataTables

The System is setup to use DataTables. You can easily add new rows if you want new recipes or change existing ones without touching any of the code.

Use your own Inventory System

The Crafting System and Inventory are connected via Interfaces and ItemIDs. You can use your already existing Inventory!
    I also provice you with a basic Inventory solution, for the case you don't have an inventory yet.
    This Inventory features Drag&Drop, as well as splitting stacks in half.

Placeholder Icons and Graphics

This is mainly used to give you some UI to work with, until you create your own unique graphics.

Clean and well commented Code

No one likes crossing wires or hard to read code. I commented every line of code, every function and every variable.
    So you can easily follow along!

Media

Screenshots:

Spoiler

Gifs:

Spoiler

Looking forward to your opinion (: Cheers!
    Last edited by eXi; 03-02-2017, 07:20 AM.
    Open for contracted work | Blueprints | UE4++/C++ | Training | VR | My Website

My UE4 Blog/Page with Free Learning Projects and more: Hit me for ALL the things!

BP Multiplayer Lobby System: [Released] Support Thread! | BP Multiplayer Crafting System: [Released] Support Thread!

Very interesting.

Price?

WIP Thread

Comment

Originally posted by Rhynedahll View Post
      Very interesting.

Price?
      Hey there,

the price is currently set around 25$ during the submission process.
      I can't promise it doesn't change until the final release though.

PS: Here is a technical list of what files this package offers:

Spoiler
      Last edited by eXi; 01-07-2017, 10:58 AM.

My UE4 Blog/Page with Free Learning Projects and more: Hit me for ALL the things!

BP Multiplayer Lobby System: [Released] Support Thread! | BP Multiplayer Crafting System: [Released] Support Thread!

Comment

Project is now in the queue (:

Hopefully released soon!

Comment

Yeah, we have a release date!

27.01.2017 (tomorrow)

Comment

Originally posted by eXi View Post
            Yeah, we have a release date!

27.01.2017 (tomorrow)

Very cool, I'm wondering if it'd help me to figure out more of what I'm trying to do..

Comment

Originally posted by Deygus View Post
              Very cool, I'm wondering if it'd help me to figure out more of what I'm trying to do..
              That depends on what you are trying to figure out

Comment

We are live!

Head over to the Marketplace to grab your copy!

https://www.unrealengine.com/marketp...rafting-system

Comment

You can find a known issue list in the main post.
                  Here is the first small entry.

Issue: Version: [4.14] | When downloading the fresh project, starting it and pressing PLAY, the Player only spawns as a flying pawn.
                  Reason: The project's default GameMode got reset during the submission process. (It's still properly set in 4.13 and my local copy of 4.14).
                  When will this be fixed: An update for the 4.14 version of the project has been submit to the Marketplace team. They will process it as soon as possible.
                  How to fix it: The fix is easy and straight forward. Set the GameMode (here for the Level and not for the project) like I do in this gif:

Spoiler

I was also asked about documentation about the setup. I am still working on it as I value documentation a lot and I don't want to create a few badly writting lines only to have some sort of documentation.
                  For the meantime you can use the comments or simply ask me questions (:
                  Last edited by eXi; 01-28-2017, 06:46 AM.

Comment

Nice work!
                    \\VANGUARD INTERACTIVE

Marketplace - Action RPG Inventory System | Multiplayer TopDown Kit | Advanced Social System
                    Multiplayer TopDown Kit Tutorials - Merging The Action RPG Inventory System | Removing the Fog of War
                    Action RPG Inventory Tutorials - Merging Into Your Project | Adding New Items | FPS Controls w/ UI Mode Toggle

Comment

This looks fantastic! Any chance of a tutorial video (or screenshots) for integrating out own existing inventory system?

Comment

Originally posted by Dahak View Post
                        This looks fantastic! Any chance of a tutorial video (or screenshots) for integrating out own existing inventory system?
                        Yes! This is in production. I want to explain a lot more than just "Change this to that and do xyz.", cause that won't really teach someone how the system works.
                        Sadly this requires time, so I hope you all can wait a bit more!

Comment

System looks great keep up the good work, can't wait for the tutorial on this beast

Comment

Originally posted by emachala View Post
                            System looks great keep up the good work, can't wait for the tutorial on this beast
                            Hey there, thanks for the kind words.

The first tutorial will be a general overview of the crafting components.
                            The follow up tutorials will be about migrating the system and also changing the inventory.
                            Although changing the Inventory is more theory as I don't have any other at hand.

Comment

Hey, I wanted to give you an update on the documentation topic:

The documentation will come with an update to the system itself. If everything works out, you will be able to find the videos in "Docs" folder after you updated.

I finished the first 2 videos which cover the Folder Structure and an Overview of the System.

The next video will be a general overview of the Main, base Crafting Component. This will not the a fully detailed "Function A does this, Function B does this" tutorial,
                              because this is what the comments on each function, inside each function and on each variable are for.

After this, I will try to submit all 3 Videos as an update to the System.
                              Then I need some more time to record tutorials for setting the system up in an existing project, aka migrating the Components and all needed data over.
                              This will take a bit more time and I'm also a bit booked with other work, but I will try to follow up with this asap.

The last tutorial will be about switch out the Inventory System. This will only be theoretical, as I don't really have another inventory system at hand.
                              However, the video about the base crafting component will already feature enough information to change the Inventory system, as long as you are skilled enough to read and understand code.

Comment

Working...
                              X