Discussion on Community Picks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Maximum-Dev View Post
    To be "community pick" it means your content should be tried out and approved by the community members. If you don't own a package and have no idea about it, how can you recommend it to others? and it still leaves the abuse door open.
    Your suggestion on the other hand may be a disadvantage to e.g. expensive assets, since they are less likely to bought immediately. And I may be naive, but I dont expect people who are "regular customers" to abuse their right...

Comment

Don't want to sound like a douche, but...
      There is already system with votes/ratings that exists since Marketplace creation and only clients are allowed to vote. If we're having these community votes then I would prefer for Epic put emphasis on already existing features which provide more data and much harder to abuse/misuse than google polls.
      It could be so much more only if put focus on THIS voting instead of creating another lesser one and forcing it. For example one slot for weekly high rated assets, one for monthly high rated, one for all time high rated assets. Add ability to sort assets by already existing data and boom we have something usable.
      SuperGrid: Marketplace Page | Feedback Thread | Demo | Website
      Level design and prototyping for newbies

Comment

Originally posted by zeOrb View Post
        Don't want to sound like a douche, but...
        There is already system with votes/ratings that exists since Marketplace creation and only clients are allowed to vote. If we're having these community votes then I would prefer for Epic put emphasis on already existing features which provide more data and much harder to abuse/misuse than google polls.
        It could be so much more only if put focus on THIS voting instead of creating another lesser one and forcing it. For example one slot for weekly high rated assets, one for monthly high rated, one for all time high rated assets. Add ability to sort assets by already existing data and boom we have something usable.
        finally, a good alternative (which should not have been the alternative) suggestion.
        Add an email after a week or two asking the person to vote/leave a comment about the package and bam.

Comment

I feel the current community spotlight is the same as "the Rich get richer", where high selling assets are then promoted more and get even more sales, where as the lesser known/more expensive assets go unnoticed. I also feel there is a large disconnect about voting in these monthly polls. I think it should all be done in the launcher, or at least have an option to do so because as it currently stands its really only marketplace sellers and a few other people who are even aware of the voting.
          Stylized Low Poly Environment
          Stylized Low Poly Pine Forest
          Stylized Low Poly Buildings
          First Person Horror Template

Comment

Originally posted by Shirk View Post
            I feel the current community spotlight is the same as "the Rich get richer", where high selling assets are then promoted more and get even more sales, where as the lesser known/more expensive assets go unnoticed. I also feel there is a large disconnect about voting in these monthly polls. I think it should all be done in the launcher, or at least have an option to do so because as it currently stands its really only marketplace sellers and a few other people who are even aware of the voting.
            I'm going to have to agree. Highlighting by popularity means that only already-successful projects get highlighted. It's not helpful to the rest of the content creators.

Not sure what to suggest instead, though.

Comment

Working...
            X