Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Third Person Shooter Kit - Cover system, Human AI, QTE System & much more!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Character Freezes when using side kick after editing IKs. Anyone can help?I dont get any errors. I did a lot of trial and error and it occurs randomly. At first its fine then suddenly it stops.

    Update on this..the bug occurs when i start adding a socket preview on the weapons..when i delete the preview the bug occurs.
    Last edited by Rogaldorne; 06-30-2018, 09:26 PM.

    Comment


      Originally posted by Rogaldorne View Post
      Character Freezes when using side kick after editing IKs. Anyone can help?I dont get any errors. I did a lot of trial and error and it occurs randomly. At first its fine then suddenly it stops.

      Update on this..the bug occurs when i start adding a socket preview on the weapons..when i delete the preview the bug occurs.
      Responded via PM

      Old shool platformer ispired by Crash Bandicoot now on greenlight - http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=457535731

      Third Person Shooter Kit - February 2017 Community Pick! - https://www.unrealengine.com/marketp...on-shooter-kit

      Side Scroller Shooter Kit - https://www.unrealengine.com/marketp...er-shooter-kit

      Comment


        So with keeping actors destroyed permanently after save and reload , should i be able to add those actors to the save player progress struct list and use some logic in the level blueprint to do it? Sort of like we did with the saving trap states? Or would it be done in a different way? ——————————————Someone mentioned using an FGameplay tag and container , but i have not heard of that.Thanks
        Last edited by razmaz51; 07-02-2018, 02:35 PM.

        Comment


          Originally posted by razmaz51 View Post
          So with keeping actors destroyed permanently after save and reload , should i be able to add those actors to the save player progress struct list and use some logic in the level blueprint to do it? Sort of like we did with the saving trap states? Or would it be done in a different way? ——————————————Someone mentioned using an FGameplay tag and container , but i have not heard of that.Thanks
          Saving state of the world is big topic and I think there is dozen od approaches. What you can do is on player's character death, respawn all actors that you want to reset. You can detect them with some volume, for example you can split level in sections - when player died in section 1, respawn all actors that are in volume section 1, then when he is in section 2, respawn from volume 2 and so on. That's my quick idea how to do it.

          Old shool platformer ispired by Crash Bandicoot now on greenlight - http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=457535731

          Third Person Shooter Kit - February 2017 Community Pick! - https://www.unrealengine.com/marketp...on-shooter-kit

          Side Scroller Shooter Kit - https://www.unrealengine.com/marketp...er-shooter-kit

          Comment


            yea , seems there is lot of ways to do it. i'll have to figure what will work. ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------So I have some teleports working from another template I picked up somewhere, but the only way to use them is to set the TPP character setting for collision to "pawn" as opposed to what it is set now , which is "custom"/ world dynamic" . Will doing that break anything in the "Third person shooter kit" ?------------------------------------------update , looks like it does , I cant seem to grab the ledge climb bp now, or open automatic doors,,,, cover points , button panels , and ladders still work though.-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Same thing with the " instant swimmable water" template I got . Before he wouldn't react to the water at all, but when I switch his collision to "pawn" he reacts to the water and kinda floats , but not fully like he should . but for that template I need to have "simulate physics " set , but when I do he either wont move or falls through the floor. Is there any way to set "simulate physics " for character and he still will work?
            Last edited by razmaz51; 07-10-2018, 10:50 PM.

            Comment


              Originally posted by razmaz51 View Post
              yea , seems there is lot of ways to do it. i'll have to figure what will work. ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------So I have some teleports working from another template I picked up somewhere, but the only way to use them is to set the TPP character setting for collision to "pawn" as opposed to what it is set now , which is "custom"/ world dynamic" . Will doing that break anything in the "Third person shooter kit" ?------------------------------------------update , looks like it does , I cant seem to grab the ledge climb bp now, or open automatic doors,,,, cover points , button panels , and ladders still work though.-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Same thing with the " instant swimmable water" template I got . Before he wouldn't react to the water at all, but when I switch his collision to "pawn" he reacts to the water and kinda floats , but not fully like he should . but for that template I need to have "simulate physics " set , but when I do he either wont move or falls through the floor. Is there any way to set "simulate physics " for character and he still will work?
              Well when you try to simulate physics on skeleton on all bones it will enable ragdoll physics to all bones so you won't be able to move them. What only may remain is IK on arms but I'm not sure about it.

              Old shool platformer ispired by Crash Bandicoot now on greenlight - http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=457535731

              Third Person Shooter Kit - February 2017 Community Pick! - https://www.unrealengine.com/marketp...on-shooter-kit

              Side Scroller Shooter Kit - https://www.unrealengine.com/marketp...er-shooter-kit

              Comment


                well I got him floating and swimming up and down without it, but main thing is being able to operate the automatic doors and ledge climbing while his collision is set to " pawn" , other interactions seem to work except those two. if I could get that working i'd be good.

                Comment


                  Originally posted by razmaz51 View Post
                  well I got him floating and swimming up and down without it, but main thing is being able to operate the automatic doors and ledge climbing while his collision is set to " pawn" , other interactions seem to work except those two. if I could get that working i'd be good.
                  Look in climing BP and automatic door BP for collision response. Maybe they are only reacint for player character mesh collision, no pawn channel.

                  Old shool platformer ispired by Crash Bandicoot now on greenlight - http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=457535731

                  Third Person Shooter Kit - February 2017 Community Pick! - https://www.unrealengine.com/marketp...on-shooter-kit

                  Side Scroller Shooter Kit - https://www.unrealengine.com/marketp...er-shooter-kit

                  Comment


                    yep , I think I got this working now. I just left the character as he originally was as "world dynamic" and changed the collision for the teleporters and water and switches instead to match the character. this way the doors and ledge climb and everything else is all good still. thanks

                    Comment


                      i got a packaging failure, do you know what this means?----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------aging (Windows (64-bit)): LogInit: Display: LogProperty: Error: UStructProperty::Serialize Loading: Property 'StructProperty /Game/ThirdPersonKit/Blueprints/Human_AI/BP_ThirdPersonShooterAI.BP_ThirdPersonShooterAI_C:Spawn Drop Item List.Spawn Drop Item List'. Unknown structure.
                      UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): LogInit: Display: LogProperty: Error: UStructProperty::Serialize Loading: Property 'StructProperty /Game/ThirdPersonKit/Blueprints/BP_Spawn_Drop_Component.BP_Spawn_Drop_Component_C:Spawn Pick Up.CallFunc_Array_Get_Item'. Unknown structure.
                      UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): LogInit: Display: LogProperty: Error: UStructProperty::Serialize Loading: Property 'StructProperty /Game/ThirdPersonKit/Blueprints/BP_Spawn_Drop_Component.BP_Spawn_Drop_Component_C:Item List.Item List'. Unknown structure.
                      UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): LogInit: Display: LogProperty: Error: UStructProperty::Serialize Loading: Property 'StructProperty /Game/ThirdPersonKit/Blueprints/BP_Flying_Bot_Enemy.BP_Flying_Bot_Enemy_C:Spawn Drop Item List.Spawn Drop Item List'. Unknown structure.
                      UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): LogInit: Display: LogProperty: Error: UStructProperty::Serialize Loading: Property 'StructProperty /Game

                      Comment


                        while I kinda changed settings in the spawn drop component bp and recompiled and saved everything related to it and it working now. not sure what happened there.

                        Comment


                          how do you set up so when you walk near a button panel or something , it displays " press F to use". I wanted to try to add that function to a water switch. thanks

                          Comment


                            I have made a new project with this kit. I made a new level. Dragged a BP_TPPCharacter into the level. Dragged a BP_Pickable_Object into the level and selected Automatic rifle ammo. But I can't seem to pick it up once collided? What has to be done to make this to work?

                            edit: Ah I forgot to put in the collision masks in the project settings
                            Last edited by Studder; 07-16-2018, 01:56 AM.

                            Comment


                              I did make a copy of 4.19.2 game to 4.20 and it seems OK.

                              Comment


                                also I put some red plasma ball enemies on level , selected the "sphere" on each one and put different colored materials on some , so I would have different colored balls. looks good after change , but when I click play , all the balls are red again. stop , and balls are colored again. any reason for this? is it because its inherited? It works for the lasers , as I can select "cylinder" and use multi colored lasers.
                                Last edited by razmaz51; 07-20-2018, 10:20 PM.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X