Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Third Person Shooter Kit - Cover system, Human AI, Paragon characters, QTE & new stuff is coming!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    I made a quick tutorial how to integrate bullets with destructable meshes and physics

    Game frameworks on Unreal Marketplace:

    Third Person Shooter Kit - February 2017 Community Pick! - https://www.unrealengine.com/marketp...on-shooter-kit

    Side Scroller Shooter Kit - https://www.unrealengine.com/marketp...er-shooter-kit

    Support Discord channel: https://discord.gg/6rgv5Tj

    Comment


      Hi all!

      I just bought this about a week ago and think it's amazing. Big thanks to [MENTION=103214]H[/MENTION]amsterPL. The only issue I've come across is the AI not shooting at the character after changing the skeleton mesh.
      But they'll still react, go into cover, and everything else they should be doing. Has anyone else come in contact with this issue? if so, could you point me in the right direction to fix this.

      Comment


        Did you set up the socket names correctly in your new skeletal mesh?

        Comment


          No. I had assigned the new mesh to the SK_Mannequin skeleton then switched the static mesh on the blueprint.
          The same way HamsterPL did in his tutorial.

          They seem to have the same sockets when I looked.

          Comment


            Managed to fix it somehow. Thanks BarisT for the reply

            Comment


              Hi,great pack congratulations,i buy this yesterday,i have study all blueprints and all works great,but,whem i migrate to my project nothing works,and i know the is my fault,i just a mess in blueprint,so my question is,how is the right way to export to my project?
              the enemy shoots and the launch pads,and another things do not affect the default player from your kit,i change the controls,game mode,what i lost?
              I work in scenarios for a long time,i forgot it everything.
              haha

              Comment


                Don't know if this has been asked yet. (Sorry if it was and I missed it.) Is there a way to make your HUD work with Splitscreen Or was it just designed for a Single player and would need heavy modification?

                Comment


                  Could make a movie using the DM's in the PhysXPack? Thanks.

                  Comment


                    Today I've send update for 4.17, so it should be live in few days.

                    Originally posted by JokerNormandySR2 View Post
                    Hi,great pack congratulations,i buy this yesterday,i have study all blueprints and all works great,but,whem i migrate to my project nothing works,and i know the is my fault,i just a mess in blueprint,so my question is,how is the right way to export to my project?
                    the enemy shoots and the launch pads,and another things do not affect the default player from your kit,i change the controls,game mode,what i lost?
                    I work in scenarios for a long time,i forgot it everything.
                    haha
                    Thank you! I think I've emailed you already - You should not just straight migrate the files. You should create project from launcher.
                    It doesnt work because you need to copy project settings file from tps kit project. In this there is a setup for all inputs and collision
                    channels which my logic heavy rely on. If you dont have it in your project, my logic cant find it thus it cant work.

                    Originally posted by WoolfVision View Post
                    Don't know if this has been asked yet. (Sorry if it was and I missed it.) Is there a way to make your HUD work with Splitscreen Or was it just designed for a Single player and would need heavy modification?
                    For now it is designed for single player, although I think it's possible to add split screen mode. I've never done it though.

                    Originally posted by theProfessor View Post
                    Could make a movie using the DM's in the PhysXPack? Thanks.
                    Hard to say since I don't own this pack, but I think it should be no trouble.
                    Game frameworks on Unreal Marketplace:

                    Third Person Shooter Kit - February 2017 Community Pick! - https://www.unrealengine.com/marketp...on-shooter-kit

                    Side Scroller Shooter Kit - https://www.unrealengine.com/marketp...er-shooter-kit

                    Support Discord channel: https://discord.gg/6rgv5Tj

                    Comment


                      This one week, various ways were tried, but it isn't possible, so I want you to tell me.
                      I'd like to replace with the character of the different skeleton.
                      Side Scroller Shooter Kit - changing character tutorial
                      At this rate I don't go well.
                      I don't also go to RITAGETTO well.
                      Is it possible by an animation to tell me because English is be inconvenient?

                      Comment


                        Originally posted by dadada8787 View Post
                        This one week, various ways were tried, but it isn't possible, so I want you to tell me.
                        I'd like to replace with the character of the different skeleton.
                        Side Scroller Shooter Kit - changing character tutorial
                        At this rate I don't go well.
                        I don't also go to RITAGETTO well.
                        Is it possible by an animation to tell me because English is be inconvenient?
                        I've seen you wrote on marketplace page, so I will copy an answer:
                        If your skeleton has different bone structure then default manequin, you need to retarget anim blueprint (ABP_Mannequin for player and ABP_Mannequin_AI for AI) for your skeleton. Then you need to switch references in blueprints from ABP_Mannequin/ABP_Mannequin_AI to your newly created animation blueprints.
                        Game frameworks on Unreal Marketplace:

                        Third Person Shooter Kit - February 2017 Community Pick! - https://www.unrealengine.com/marketp...on-shooter-kit

                        Side Scroller Shooter Kit - https://www.unrealengine.com/marketp...er-shooter-kit

                        Support Discord channel: https://discord.gg/6rgv5Tj

                        Comment


                          Update to 4.17 when? Also can't get DENT to work with it. Any chance you get it to work?

                          Comment


                            For such a action game with climbing, ladders and similar physical stuff, I miss falling damage for the player character. Therefore I added a simple fall damage system to it. Here it is, so you can implement it also if you like (see pic enclosed).
                            Add those to youre BP_TPPCharacter Actor in Event Graph.
                            You can fiddle around with the values to match youre game project, and after youre done, you can remove the print string node that helps you getting a feel for the z-velocity vector value on landing.
                            Regarding the values: 1250 is the z-velocity value under which no damage is happening at all.
                            Above that damage is applied: the first 1000 don't "hurt", but everything above it is divided by 35 (can adjust here) and subtracted from the player's health variable.

                            At the end the "player get damage event" is primarily for shooting damage, but works also for falling damage technically.
                            Also i think the second branch for health <0 could be left out, but it does no damage to the damage system :-)

                            Click image for larger version

Name:	
Views:	1
Size:	220.1 KB
ID:	1349086

                            Comment


                              Originally posted by theProfessor View Post
                              Update to 4.17 when? Also can't get DENT to work with it. Any chance you get it to work?
                              You need to add apply radial damage and aplly point damage in BP_BulletTrace and in every bullet BP that you want to this feature compatible with.

                              Here's a screen shot and video

                              https://s26.postimg.org/lpf397b95/TP...let_damage.jpg
                              https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UEZvKyENa7Y&feature=youtu.be


                              About 4.17 update - I've send files more then 2 weeks ago and had no response from Epic yet.

                              Originally posted by Vollgaser View Post
                              For such a action game with climbing, ladders and similar physical stuff, I miss falling damage for the player character. Therefore I added a simple fall damage system to it. Here it is, so you can implement it also if you like (see pic enclosed).
                              Add those to youre BP_TPPCharacter Actor in Event Graph.
                              You can fiddle around with the values to match youre game project, and after youre done, you can remove the print string node that helps you getting a feel for the z-velocity vector value on landing.
                              Regarding the values: 1250 is the z-velocity value under which no damage is happening at all.
                              Above that damage is applied: the first 1000 don't "hurt", but everything above it is divided by 35 (can adjust here) and subtracted from the player's health variable.

                              At the end the "player get damage event" is primarily for shooting damage, but works also for falling damage technically.
                              Also i think the second branch for health <0 could be left out, but it does no damage to the damage system :-)
                              Thank you for sharing info about that!
                              Attached Files
                               
                              Last edited by hamsterPL; 09-05-2017, 08:48 PM.
                              Game frameworks on Unreal Marketplace:

                              Third Person Shooter Kit - February 2017 Community Pick! - https://www.unrealengine.com/marketp...on-shooter-kit

                              Side Scroller Shooter Kit - https://www.unrealengine.com/marketp...er-shooter-kit

                              Support Discord channel: https://discord.gg/6rgv5Tj

                              Comment


                                Marcin, it worked thanks a lot. I also removed the project from my Google drive. Would you put this code in 4.17?
                                Last edited by theProfessor; 09-07-2017, 11:05 AM.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X