Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Third Person Shooter Kit - Cover system, Human AI, Paragon characters, QTE & new stuff is coming!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Originally posted by razmaz51 View Post
    link took me to the saving trap state tutorial
    Well yes, you can use same system - on checkpoint reached, just save game like in video - https://youtu.be/0b5dTYv2yJo?t=10m33s It's on pushed button event but you can is the same for check point.
    Game frameworks on Unreal Marketplace:

    Third Person Shooter Kit - February 2017 Community Pick! - https://www.unrealengine.com/marketp...on-shooter-kit

    Side Scroller Shooter Kit - https://www.unrealengine.com/marketp...er-shooter-kit

    Support Discord channel: https://discord.gg/6rgv5Tj

    Comment


      I tried to copy the setup and reference some other things there on the level blueprint, but it said it was incompatible when I tried to link into the nodes(saving trap setup button pushed event), so I couldn't tie into the set of nodes. are you saying I can click on a checkpoint on the level , then reference it on the level blueprint and use that(saving trap) setup or something similar to save at checkpoint when I do a manual save to slot and reload from slot? Do I need the whole setup? or can I just use part of it? I mean , I wouldn't need the button press sections. And would this save the state of the game like it does when it (checkpoint) , is just used to respawn?i mean , right now the system I've worked into saves character location ,and rotation and some other things like pickups . but not enemy state(whether they are dead or not) , , When I save and reload the enemy AI is all respawned again.
      Last edited by razmaz51; 10-04-2018, 08:36 PM.

      Comment


        Originally posted by razmaz51 View Post
        I tried to copy the setup and reference some other things there on the level blueprint, but it said it was incompatible when I tried to link into the nodes(saving trap setup button pushed event), so I couldn't tie into the set of nodes. are you saying I can click on a checkpoint on the level , then reference it on the level blueprint and use that(saving trap) setup or something similar to save at checkpoint when I do a manual save to slot and reload from slot? Do I need the whole setup? or can I just use part of it? I mean , I wouldn't need the button press sections. And would this save the state of the game like it does when it (checkpoint) , is just used to respawn?i mean , right now the system I've worked into saves character location ,and rotation and some other things like pickups . but not enemy state(whether they are dead or not) , , When I save and reload the enemy AI is all respawned again.
        There is number of questions here, I'll try to explain in genreal - You don't have to use anything from trap BP logic. You use only save game and load game functions like in video. If want to save something specific, to need to pass it into save game function which has struct as a param. But if you want to make just a checkpoint (so progress will be reset when you will exit the game) you should do it differently I think. Idea from top of my head - make a volume which will cover all area between checkpoints - lets say from level start to first checkpoint. On begin play, in level script use function get all overlaped actors of class and as param, use this volume. As a class you set for example health pick up. This way you will have an array of all health pick up. Get location of each of them. Then when player dies in this first section, destroy all health pick ups that you collected at begin play, and spawn them again with locations that you store in array. You can do it for other classes and all level this way. And when player died in section 2 for example, (you can check it for example by checking if checkpoint is activated.) you respawn BP's only from section 2, which will be covered by seperate volume.
        Sorry from long answer ;P
        Game frameworks on Unreal Marketplace:

        Third Person Shooter Kit - February 2017 Community Pick! - https://www.unrealengine.com/marketp...on-shooter-kit

        Side Scroller Shooter Kit - https://www.unrealengine.com/marketp...er-shooter-kit

        Support Discord channel: https://discord.gg/6rgv5Tj

        Comment


          no that's fine , I appreciate your time. I been trying to figure out which way to do this. basically everything I need saved I have saving now. they are in the BP_Player progress struct, then I have some array variables with them (owned keys / chemicals , etc....). main issue is that after I grab a pickup or use that pickup to open / destroy a door, the pickup and doors respawn after saving and re loading game again. which I want them to stay gone. heard some talk about using F gameplay tags and containers , or giving each item a unique ID / name and checking to see if they were destroyed and then don't reload them. but I am trying to figure out how to implement this and do the check. i'm not even sure how to give them a unique ID/name. I think it would be a name variable added to that item BP .

          Comment


            Hi hamsterPL
            Does this support multiplayer? If not any tutorial in this matter would be a massive help. Many thanks indeed. I love it
            Raed Abbas
            IMDB
            FACEBOOK
            Circle Of Time the game
            Dynamic Shared Camera

            Comment


              hamsterPL, have you moved yet?

              Comment




                Originally posted by Raed Abbas View Post
                Hi hamsterPL
                Does this support multiplayer? If not any tutorial in this matter would be a massive help. Many thanks indeed. I love it
                Thank you! I'm glad you like my kit.

                No It doesn't support multiplayer. I don't know this subject very well, that's why I didn't add it, but I plan to someday when I will get more time. Stay tuned


                Originally posted by theProfessor View Post
                hamsterPL, have you moved yet?
                Not yet, I will be moving in December. I guessing you are asking because of patch/update for project? What do you need the most now?
                Game frameworks on Unreal Marketplace:

                Third Person Shooter Kit - February 2017 Community Pick! - https://www.unrealengine.com/marketp...on-shooter-kit

                Side Scroller Shooter Kit - https://www.unrealengine.com/marketp...er-shooter-kit

                Support Discord channel: https://discord.gg/6rgv5Tj

                Comment


                  Originally posted by hamsterPL View Post



                  Thank you! I'm glad you like my kit.

                  No It doesn't support multiplayer. I don't know this subject very well, that's why I didn't add it, but I plan to someday when I will get more time. Stay tuned




                  Not yet, I will be moving in December. I guessing you are asking because of patch/update for project? What do you need the most now?
                  I would just to see one of the paragon chars put into your app. I just put one into the 3dps template. Could you make it an enemy?
                  Last edited by theProfessor; 10-11-2018, 12:16 PM.

                  Comment


                    Originally posted by theProfessor View Post

                    I would just to see one of the paragon chars put into your app. I just put one into the 3dps template. Could you make it an enemy?
                    I'll try to make tutorial for it during this weekend.
                    Game frameworks on Unreal Marketplace:

                    Third Person Shooter Kit - February 2017 Community Pick! - https://www.unrealengine.com/marketp...on-shooter-kit

                    Side Scroller Shooter Kit - https://www.unrealengine.com/marketp...er-shooter-kit

                    Support Discord channel: https://discord.gg/6rgv5Tj

                    Comment


                      Originally posted by theProfessor View Post

                      I would just to see one of the paragon chars put into your app. I just put one into the 3dps template. Could you make it an enemy?
                      I was working on this today. It turns out that tutorial would be too long for this. I've spend whole sunday on this, but I remade animation blueprint workflow for player and I will just send it as a patch. I think I will add one paragon mesh to package and also remade it for AI character. Now animation blueprint will have one parent class so it will be much easier to reference it.
                      Game frameworks on Unreal Marketplace:

                      Third Person Shooter Kit - February 2017 Community Pick! - https://www.unrealengine.com/marketp...on-shooter-kit

                      Side Scroller Shooter Kit - https://www.unrealengine.com/marketp...er-shooter-kit

                      Support Discord channel: https://discord.gg/6rgv5Tj

                      Comment


                        Originally posted by hamsterPL View Post

                        I was working on this today. It turns out that tutorial would be too long for this. I've spend whole sunday on this, but I remade animation blueprint workflow for player and I will just send it as a patch. I think I will add one paragon mesh to package and also remade it for AI character. Now animation blueprint will have one parent class so it will be much easier to reference it.
                        Would you let me know when the update is on Unreal's site?

                        Comment


                          Originally posted by theProfessor View Post

                          Would you let me know when the update is on Unreal's site?
                          Yes I will.
                          Game frameworks on Unreal Marketplace:

                          Third Person Shooter Kit - February 2017 Community Pick! - https://www.unrealengine.com/marketp...on-shooter-kit

                          Side Scroller Shooter Kit - https://www.unrealengine.com/marketp...er-shooter-kit

                          Support Discord channel: https://discord.gg/6rgv5Tj

                          Comment


                            Few people asked me how to change pose for aiming, in third person and side scroller shooter kits.
                            It uses IK that is setup in anim graph, so you can tweak it however you want. I made a video that applies to both kits:

                            Game frameworks on Unreal Marketplace:

                            Third Person Shooter Kit - February 2017 Community Pick! - https://www.unrealengine.com/marketp...on-shooter-kit

                            Side Scroller Shooter Kit - https://www.unrealengine.com/marketp...er-shooter-kit

                            Support Discord channel: https://discord.gg/6rgv5Tj

                            Comment


                              Does this come with camera swap to other shoulder?

                              Comment


                                Originally posted by usurperquaid View Post
                                Does this come with camera swap to other shoulder?
                                Yes. Press "Tab" while aiming.
                                Game frameworks on Unreal Marketplace:

                                Third Person Shooter Kit - February 2017 Community Pick! - https://www.unrealengine.com/marketp...on-shooter-kit

                                Side Scroller Shooter Kit - https://www.unrealengine.com/marketp...er-shooter-kit

                                Support Discord channel: https://discord.gg/6rgv5Tj

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X