Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Third Person Shooter Kit - Cover system, Human AI, Paragon characters, QTE & new stuff is coming!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    man I tried everything I could think of, tried bool variables , arrays , all kinds of things,still no work, doesn't make sense.-----------Can you try it on your test level if you get a little time so I know if I got something wrong or not ? maybe put 2 traps , have 2 node setups from video tutorial in level blueprint (1 for each trap). disable trap 2 , quit level , restart level , disable trap 1 , restart level , see if trap 2 is active again. that is , if only just each traps pin is not hidden . if both traps pins are not hidden and trap 2 is disabled , on restart then both traps are disabled.
    Last edited by razmaz51; 05-01-2018, 11:29 PM.

    Comment


      Originally posted by razmaz51 View Post
      man I tried everything I could think of, tried bool variables , arrays , all kinds of things,still no work, doesn't make sense.-----------Can you try it on your test level if you get a little time so I know if I got something wrong or not ? maybe put 2 traps , have 2 node setups from video tutorial in level blueprint (1 for each trap). disable trap 2 , quit level , restart level , disable trap 1 , restart level , see if trap 2 is active again. that is , if only just each traps pin is not hidden . if both traps pins are not hidden and trap 2 is disabled , on restart then both traps are disabled.
      What might happen is that saving is done for every value in stuct, even if it's hidden. Try somerhing like this - loading before saving, and passing all values which you don't want to change.
      Link to screen shot:
      https://s18.postimg.cc/70h8q2jpl/image.png

      Click image for larger version

Name:	SavingStruct.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	188.4 KB
ID:	1470204
      Game frameworks on Unreal Marketplace:

      Third Person Shooter Kit - February 2017 Community Pick! - https://www.unrealengine.com/marketp...on-shooter-kit

      Side Scroller Shooter Kit - https://www.unrealengine.com/marketp...er-shooter-kit

      Support Discord channel: https://discord.gg/6rgv5Tj

      Comment


        yep , that did it , works great now. thanks again for your help. wish I knew as much as you about the engine. i'm learning though.

        Comment


          i noticed on human AI several references to swimming. is there swimming animation for AI? is there swimming animation for TPP player character?

          Comment


            Originally posted by razmaz51 View Post
            i noticed on human AI several references to swimming. is there swimming animation for AI? is there swimming animation for TPP player character?
            No. These references are coming from the engine.
            Game frameworks on Unreal Marketplace:

            Third Person Shooter Kit - February 2017 Community Pick! - https://www.unrealengine.com/marketp...on-shooter-kit

            Side Scroller Shooter Kit - https://www.unrealengine.com/marketp...er-shooter-kit

            Support Discord channel: https://discord.gg/6rgv5Tj

            Comment


              with the notification trigger bp , is there a way we can expand the text box size? I noticed if I use more text then it appears outside the dark text display box.plus the text goes straight across, any way to paragraph it? I'm trying to fit more text on the screen on a notification trigger.I tried "multiline" in settings , which it then looks correct ,like paragraphed in the text box , but still is straight across on the screen, and the outlined display box is still short in the center and only encompasses a little of the text.(Update: I got the notification trigger text thing worked out now, tricky working with the HUD widget). thanks --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------also , is it ok to use both player cover point and AI cover point on the same walls , blocks , etc.... together. I mean if they overlap?-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------also noticed I get these errors in the log , i know there is one mapping for positive and one for negative, though i noticed if i delete one of them (say the negative for mouse axis lookup ) , mouse still works fine and normal.


              LogInput: Error: Duplicate mapping of key MouseY for axis LookUpMouse
              LogInput: Error: Duplicate mapping of key Gamepad_RightX for axis Turn Right/Left
              LogInput: Error: Duplicate mapping of key Gamepad_RightY for axis LookUpGamepad
              LogInput: Error: Duplicate mapping of key Gamepad_LeftY for axis Ladder Move Up
              Last edited by razmaz51; 05-21-2018, 11:47 PM.

              Comment


                Originally posted by razmaz51 View Post
                with the notification trigger bp , is there a way we can expand the text box size? I noticed if I use more text then it appears outside the dark text display box.plus the text goes straight across, any way to paragraph it? I'm trying to fit more text on the screen on a notification trigger.I tried "multiline" in settings , which it then looks correct ,like paragraphed in the text box , but still is straight across on the screen, and the outlined display box is still short in the center and only encompasses a little of the text.(Update: I got the notification trigger text thing worked out now, tricky working with the HUD widget). thanks --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------also , is it ok to use both player cover point and AI cover point on the same walls , blocks , etc.... together. I mean if they overlap?-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------also noticed I get these errors in the log , i know there is one mapping for positive and one for negative, though i noticed if i delete one of them (say the negative for mouse axis lookup ) , mouse still works fine and normal.


                LogInput: Error: Duplicate mapping of key MouseY for axis LookUpMouse
                LogInput: Error: Duplicate mapping of key Gamepad_RightX for axis Turn Right/Left
                LogInput: Error: Duplicate mapping of key Gamepad_RightY for axis LookUpGamepad
                LogInput: Error: Duplicate mapping of key Gamepad_LeftY for axis Ladder Move Up
                It is ok to use both covers at the same place. AI can see their covers and player can his own covers.
                These errors don't do anything. It's because same keys are used in various BP so I made them seperate so they will do what they say.
                For example - "Ladder Move Up" is on W key but W key is also responsible for moving forward, but you can't climbing ladder and move forward at the same time. If it bothers you, you can just change the events and error should go away.
                Game frameworks on Unreal Marketplace:

                Third Person Shooter Kit - February 2017 Community Pick! - https://www.unrealengine.com/marketp...on-shooter-kit

                Side Scroller Shooter Kit - https://www.unrealengine.com/marketp...er-shooter-kit

                Support Discord channel: https://discord.gg/6rgv5Tj

                Comment


                  is there a way to set the human AI to actually chase the player? so say if they were not using weapons , they would chase the player and use melee attacks on him? ,update ------ actually I guess with "keeping distance " settings , if I set everything to 0 except " move forward " , he pretty much does it. I put all his ammo to zero and make no noise and he will always just chase me around. only thing is i'm left with the weapon in hand animations.
                  Last edited by razmaz51; 05-29-2018, 10:03 PM.

                  Comment


                    Originally posted by razmaz51 View Post
                    is there a way to set the human AI to actually chase the player? so say if they were not using weapons , they would chase the player and use melee attacks on him? ,update ------ actually I guess with "keeping distance " settings , if I set everything to 0 except " move forward " , he pretty much does it. I put all his ammo to zero and make no noise and he will always just chase me around. only thing is i'm left with the weapon in hand animations.
                    You can also try my zombie AI tutorial


                    Game frameworks on Unreal Marketplace:

                    Third Person Shooter Kit - February 2017 Community Pick! - https://www.unrealengine.com/marketp...on-shooter-kit

                    Side Scroller Shooter Kit - https://www.unrealengine.com/marketp...er-shooter-kit

                    Support Discord channel: https://discord.gg/6rgv5Tj

                    Comment


                      Third Person Shotter Kit now have a 20% discount during summer sale!

                      https://www.unrealengine.com/marketplace/third-person-shooter-kit

                      Click image for larger version  Name:	Third-Person-Shooter-Kit--ikona-do-sale.jpg Views:	1 Size:	78.6 KB ID:	1485366
                      Last edited by hamsterPL; 06-05-2018, 09:34 PM.
                      Game frameworks on Unreal Marketplace:

                      Third Person Shooter Kit - February 2017 Community Pick! - https://www.unrealengine.com/marketp...on-shooter-kit

                      Side Scroller Shooter Kit - https://www.unrealengine.com/marketp...er-shooter-kit

                      Support Discord channel: https://discord.gg/6rgv5Tj

                      Comment


                        Hi again , i havent had a chance to look , so i ask , with the quicktime system and button panel,can I set it to not use a timer and just have a series of inputs to open the door? Like for example WWWAADAA, you know like a code.but not timed or prompted, just having the inputs done in a specific order? Thanks

                        Comment


                          i see that it would take some changes. I can just set the timer way up and use a different key icon texture so the correct key cannot be seen , but once he starts the hack process he is stuck there until it is opened. he cannot stop and come back. is there a way to set it up so when he starts the hack , he can back out of it and come back and just start it again.(when he knows the code)
                          Last edited by razmaz51; 06-12-2018, 04:35 PM.

                          Comment


                            Any possibility at adding friendly AI in the future?

                            Comment




                              Originally posted by razmaz51 View Post
                              i see that it would take some changes. I can just set the timer way up and use a different key icon texture so the correct key cannot be seen , but once he starts the hack process he is stuck there until it is opened. he cannot stop and come back. is there a way to set it up so when he starts the hack , he can back out of it and come back and just start it again.(when he knows the code)

                              To cancel QTE, you can use event "QTE failed logic". You would have to plug it to your cancel key input.
                              What you need is to remake logic for "QTE - Press in order" but instead, you would have to show all keys at the start.


                              Originally posted by tmckenzie17 View Post
                              Any possibility at adding friendly AI in the future?
                              I would remake good chunk of logic, it takes time. I plan to do this but not in near future.
                              Game frameworks on Unreal Marketplace:

                              Third Person Shooter Kit - February 2017 Community Pick! - https://www.unrealengine.com/marketp...on-shooter-kit

                              Side Scroller Shooter Kit - https://www.unrealengine.com/marketp...er-shooter-kit

                              Support Discord channel: https://discord.gg/6rgv5Tj

                              Comment


                                I am thinking I can pretty much use it the way it is , i'll use a different key icon texture so they cannot see the correct key. my plan is to have the code (correct key order) somewhere , where he can see it. it would be longer than 3 keys though and timer doesn't reset after each key is input, so I would have to set the timer longer or make it so it resets after each key input, so he would have time to input all the keys before timer runs out. or I would have to do what you mentioned above so the timer could be unlimited but he would be able to cancel out in case he needs to look at the code again or cannot get it right off. otherwise he stuck in the hack mode.
                                Last edited by razmaz51; 06-14-2018, 10:48 AM.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X