Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Third Person Shooter Kit - Cover system, Human AI, Paragon characters, QTE & new stuff is coming!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Originally posted by sashab View Post
    For your kit to be working with Dent,from where do you bring nodes into Damaged Actor, Hits from Direction, Hit info? You cut that in image and I cant manage to get working: https://forums.unrealengine.com/file...tch?id=1349217
    From event hit which on the left. All other values goes from it.
    Game frameworks on Unreal Marketplace:

    Third Person Shooter Kit - February 2017 Community Pick! - https://www.unrealengine.com/marketp...on-shooter-kit

    Side Scroller Shooter Kit - https://www.unrealengine.com/marketp...er-shooter-kit

    Support Discord channel: https://discord.gg/6rgv5Tj

    Comment


      anyone know how to disable a notification trigger text after character passes it or barrier is gone, I have trigger in front of a barrier that disappears with a certain key. text says you need that key . I am hoping to have it so the text pops up each time you walk up to the barrier. but disables after barrier is gone , or character passes the trigger box.(which would mean barrier is gone, because it has to be to walk past the trigger box area), right now after the barrier is gone(destroyed), each time I walk back past that area the same text keeps popping up even though barrier is gone. do I need to attach the notification trigger box to the barrier or something. the barrier is a static mesh door. thanks

      Comment


        Originally posted by razmaz51 View Post
        anyone know how to disable a notification trigger text after character passes it or barrier is gone, I have trigger in front of a barrier that disappears with a certain key. text says you need that key . I am hoping to have it so the text pops up each time you walk up to the barrier. but disables after barrier is gone , or character passes the trigger box.(which would mean barrier is gone, because it has to be to walk past the trigger box area), right now after the barrier is gone(destroyed), each time I walk back past that area the same text keeps popping up even though barrier is gone. do I need to attach the notification trigger box to the barrier or something. the barrier is a static mesh door. thanks
        If you want notification to be displayed only once, you have property in settings section of BP_NotificationTrigger class called "Show notification only once" If you set it to true, it will show only once, if you set it to false, it will show infinite times.
        If you want to disable notification trigger, just destroy actor when your barrier is destroyed, sam as I've done in demo map.
        Game frameworks on Unreal Marketplace:

        Third Person Shooter Kit - February 2017 Community Pick! - https://www.unrealengine.com/marketp...on-shooter-kit

        Side Scroller Shooter Kit - https://www.unrealengine.com/marketp...er-shooter-kit

        Support Discord channel: https://discord.gg/6rgv5Tj

        Comment


          can you help me on how to destroy the notification when the barrier is destroyed? I mean, how do I associate destroying the notification with the barrier being destroyed? the notification blueprint at the keycard door in your demo level looks exactly the same as a newly spawned notification trigger blueprint in my level. do I have to attach or merge the notification trigger with the barrier door, the barrier door is just a static mesh. thanks
          Last edited by razmaz51; 02-08-2018, 11:34 PM.

          Comment


            another thing I noticed is that when I bring out more notification triggers (like for the keys), whatever I set one for (one notification , or unlimited), they all do the same thing. all the notification triggers on the level.

            Comment


              Originally posted by razmaz51 View Post
              can you help me on how to destroy the notification when the barrier is destroyed? I mean, how do I associate destroying the notification with the barrier being destroyed? the notification blueprint at the keycard door in your demo level looks exactly the same as a newly spawned notification trigger blueprint in my level. do I have to attach or merge the notification trigger with the barrier door, the barrier door is just a static mesh. thanks
              You can bind OnDestroyed event to your mesh (doors) and after that you can destroy notification trigger. Look at this script
              https://s14.postimg.org/6d3rewnr5/image.png


              Originally posted by razmaz51 View Post
              another thing I noticed is that when I bring out more notification triggers (like for the keys), whatever I set one for (one notification , or unlimited), they all do the same thing. all the notification triggers on the level.
              I don't quite understand. Notifications supossed to be on level. Can you elaborate more about this issue?
              Game frameworks on Unreal Marketplace:

              Third Person Shooter Kit - February 2017 Community Pick! - https://www.unrealengine.com/marketp...on-shooter-kit

              Side Scroller Shooter Kit - https://www.unrealengine.com/marketp...er-shooter-kit

              Support Discord channel: https://discord.gg/6rgv5Tj

              Comment


                well the ones I had on the doors were set to unlimited text notifications for now. then I added a couple on some keys and set them for one time text notification. yet it seemed then that the ones on the doors switched to one time notify as well. i'll have to double check it and see. maybe I just didn't see it correctly. will let you know.

                Comment


                  I have a problem, enemies seem rotate and rotate and feed big quantity of processor while they rotate

                  What can be the problem?.

                  i am using 4.15 version of UE4
                   

                  Comment


                    Originally posted by Zeyta View Post
                    I have a problem, enemies seem rotate and rotate and feed big quantity of processor while they rotate

                    What can be the problem?.

                    i am using 4.15 version of UE4
                    That's odd. Does it happen in shipping build? What are your PC specs? Has this happen from start or when you started adding/chaning something in project?
                    Game frameworks on Unreal Marketplace:

                    Third Person Shooter Kit - February 2017 Community Pick! - https://www.unrealengine.com/marketp...on-shooter-kit

                    Side Scroller Shooter Kit - https://www.unrealengine.com/marketp...er-shooter-kit

                    Support Discord channel: https://discord.gg/6rgv5Tj

                    Comment


                      I just bought this pack and I'm loving it so far. The cover stuff is by far the best on the asset store, and I've tried them all, including building my own from tutorials. My only pet peeve is that I guess the animations or some other value is making my custom model look...wonky. The mid-section is stretched upward and is elongated, while the head is down below the shoulders. Is that an animation thing, or is something else driving the stretching of the model?

                      Comment


                        Originally posted by Zeyta View Post
                        I have a problem, enemies seem rotate and rotate and feed big quantity of processor while they rotate

                        What can be the problem?.

                        i am using 4.15 version of UE4

                        The yaw is interpolating with too much range of motion,
                        ​​​​​
                        I fixed the rotation problem using a combination of things, it is complicated but I am too lazy to make a vid:

                        Go into the aim offsets for each ai weapon and set max yaw to -90, 90 and delete the extra anims and set appropriately....

                        Go into tps ai character blueprint and search for float "ai aim yaw"
                        There should be 3 or so cases when it is being set: add an "finterp to" node, set interpspeed to 10, and pipe it into the "ai aim yaw" value instead of it just setting itself. Then in "look at player update" function, remove the part where it says something like "check if yaw is close" toward end of function. Also delete the "reset aim pitch yaw" near beginning of function - if false branch....

                        You will then also have to tweak some other functions, like in "combat movement" etc, dealing with ai orienting rotation to movement and some other things.....nothing major,

                        There are probably a few more things but i forgot sorry....if u need more help i can make a tutorial hopefully if i have time....
                        ​​​​​​
                        Last edited by Cytokinetik; 02-28-2018, 05:12 AM.

                        Comment


                          Originally posted by karma4jake View Post


                          The yaw is interpolating with too much range of motion,
                          ​​​​​
                          I fixed the rotation problem using a combination of things, it is complicated but I am too lazy to make a vid:

                          Go into the aim offsets for each ai weapon and set max yaw to -90, 90 and delete the extra anims and set appropriately....

                          Go into tps ai character blueprint and search for float "ai aim yaw"
                          There should be 3 or so cases when it is being set: add an "finterp to" node, set interpspeed to 10, and pipe it into the "ai aim yaw" value instead of it just setting itself. Then in "look at player update" function, remove the part where it says something like "check if yaw is close" toward end of function. Also delete the "reset aim pitch yaw" near beginning of function - if false branch....

                          You will then also have to tweak some other functions, like in "combat movement" etc, dealing with ai orienting rotation to movement and some other things.....nothing major,

                          There are probably a few more things but i forgot sorry....if u need more help i can make a tutorial hopefully if i have time....
                          ​​​​​​

                          I am trying to do it but i am not able. A tutorial could help me very much and i would be very grateful for your time

                          Comment


                            Originally posted by Zeyta View Post


                            I am trying to do it but i am not able. A tutorial could help me very much and i would be very grateful for your time
                            Sorry about the low voice volume, hope it is understandable at least lol. This should fix the issue you were having somewhat, there are more settings that can be changed/added....

                            Comment


                              Originally posted by karma4jake View Post

                              Sorry about the low voice volume, hope it is understandable at least lol. This should fix the issue you were having somewhat, there are more settings that can be changed/added....

                              Man i am in debt to you

                              Perfect 1000 points that work!!!!

                              Comment


                                I wonder if there would be easy to add new enemies, those are great, but i consider to add also some bosses, like robots that shoot and behave as boss or like those current enemies. Like adding some kind of this enemy/boss to my project: https://www.unrealengine.com/marketp...ath-robot-pack
                                Last edited by tero83; 03-09-2018, 07:05 AM. Reason: more info

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X