Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Third Person Shooter Kit - Cover system, Human AI, Paragon characters, QTE & new stuff is coming!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Ok I will check it. Happy Holidays

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by razmaz51 View Post
    Well the shotgun bullets were initially spread out covering a wider area , but I lowered the spread max to bring them together, so shotgun is more powerful but must be more precise to hit(basically the many spread out bullets are hitting in same location now). So thing is when i'm aiming at enemy with shotgun , I shoot it misses him many times because it shoots off to the right of the crosshair , or down or something. To hit enemy I have to aim the to left of him , which is awkward. so i'm trying to get the shotgun bullets to hit the center of the crosshair when aiming and shooting.
    I see so I will look at this after Christmas break. What you can test now is to change shotgun bullet class to projectiles like pistol silenced has and you can enable 3d aiming mode. There should a flag under shotgun settings for it. Then it takes physical direction of gun instead of crosshair.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Well the shotgun bullets were initially spread out covering a wider area , but I lowered the spread max to bring them together, so shotgun is more powerful but must be more precise to hit(basically the many spread out bullets are hitting in same location now). So thing is when i'm aiming at enemy with shotgun , I shoot it misses him many times because it shoots off to the right of the crosshair , or down or something. To hit enemy I have to aim the to left of him , which is awkward. so i'm trying to get the shotgun bullets to hit the center of the crosshair when aiming and shooting.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by vali.olteanu View Post
    Hi, I wonder how can I make de enemy AI to hear my character when moving? By default the AI doesnt hear the player, just the gunshots.
    Its already done. Look for for example run noise property in player character blueprint in noise settings section. Also you can add notifies to current animations. Look in player animation blueprint, for noise notifies logic.
    no matter where I aim , the aiming trace is in the center of the crosshair, when I am up close to wall , bullets hit below crosshair and if I am farther back bullets hit up to the right of crosshair., I found the current weapon variable and changed the shotgun aiming pose , but doesn't really seem to change bullet hit location. Click image for larger version  Name:	aim-trace.png Views:	1 Size:	308.8 KB ID:	1564928
    Well bullets will go to crosshair direction always towards direction where player aims. Maybe I've done logic for shotgun differently I would have to check. Now I don't have access to PC so I can do it after Christmas brake. What are you trying to achieve btw.?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Click image for larger version

Name:	aim-trace-2.png
Views:	19
Size:	403.8 KB
ID:	1564930

Leave a comment:

• replied
    no matter where I aim , the aiming trace is in the center of the crosshair, when I am up close to wall , bullets hit below crosshair and if I am farther back bullets hit up to the right of crosshair., I found the current weapon variable and changed the shotgun aiming pose , but doesn't really seem to change bullet hit location. Click image for larger version

Name:	aim-trace.png
Views:	25
Size:	308.8 KB
ID:	1564928

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hi, I wonder how can I make de enemy AI to hear my character when moving? By default the AI doesnt hear the player, just the gunshots.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    ok so I enabled aiming and now the pistol node graph flows and I can adjust it like in your video. but only the pistol nodes work. Pistol is fine , its just shotgun I need to change , but shotgun nodes don't flow. how do I get shotgun nodes to flow so I can adjust just shotgun aiming? For this node I guess. Click image for larger version

Name:	shotgun.png
Views:	28
Size:	396.1 KB
ID:	1564713
    Look for variable current weapon in anim blueprint.

Originally posted by theProfessor View Post
    hamsterPL Would you do a tutorial on using a Mixamo character and make it into an enemy? The enemy could be just be in idle mode. No gun.
    Well it would be the same as Paragon. What about tips that I gave you last time? Setting ammo to 0 and so on? Did it worked?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    ok so I enabled aiming and now the pistol node graph flows and I can adjust it like in your video. but only the pistol nodes work. Pistol is fine , its just shotgun I need to change , but shotgun nodes don't flow. how do I get shotgun nodes to flow so I can adjust just shotgun aiming? For this node I guess. Click image for larger version

Name:	shotgun.png
Views:	28
Size:	396.1 KB
ID:	1564713
    Last edited by razmaz51; 12-21-2018, 04:23 PM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    hamsterPL Would you do a tutorial on using a Mixamo character and make it into an enemy? The enemy could be just be in idle mode. No gun.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Something must have changed , maybe because I change character. Selecting any of those nodes doesn't activate the connecting node lines and only throws that gizmo at the character feet and doesn't do anything. Click image for larger version

Name:	ABP.png
Views:	21
Size:	392.2 KB
ID:	1563757
    Graph flow doens't go through node so that's why it's not changing. Enable "Aiming" flage in graph preview editor for example, so flow will go through node.

Name:	AnimBPAimingFlag.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	413.6 KB
ID:	1564515

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Something must have changed , maybe because I change character. Selecting any of those nodes doesn't activate the connecting node lines and only throws that gizmo at the character feet and doesn't do anything. Click image for larger version

Name:	ABP.png
Views:	21
Size:	392.2 KB
ID:	1563757

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by theProfessor View Post
    hamsterPL could you do a short tutorial on creating an enemy that would be just in an idle mode. An innocent by stander. Thanks.
    Just set AI 0 ammo, disable infinite ammo and in random right mode set probablity to 0 for movement and going to cover.

Name:	IdleModeAI.png
Size:	263.0 KB
ID:	1563740
    Ok so i'm a bit lost, how do you get your blueprint node connections in motion like that , like in your video? when I select the effector shotgun aiming node , the arrow gizmo pops up at his feet but does nothing. If I make any changes in that node in the fields it doesn't change aiming at all.
    Select a node like on video, in viewport you will see 2 controllers. You can select each of them (by selecting of them first) to tweak a pose.

Name:	IKNode.jpg
Size:	562.5 KB
ID:	1563741

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Ok so i'm a bit lost, how do you get your blueprint node connections in motion like that , like in your video? when I select the effector shotgun aiming node , the arrow gizmo pops up at his feet but does nothing. If I make any changes in that node in the fields it doesn't change aiming at all.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    hamsterPL could you do a short tutorial on creating an enemy that would be just in an idle mode. An innocent by stander. Thanks.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X