Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Plugin Object Pool Component

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Hi there Bruno!!!
    Ive updated from 4.15 to 4.17 today and tried to pack on android atc, i got this error regarding your plugin
    i ve made project migrate not duplication from the old one

    LogTemp: Error: {Pool}:: Trying to Parse Object-Pool Component, but:: Invalid Template Class!

    what is it ?

    Comment


      Originally posted by GRADgr View Post
      Hi there Bruno!!!
      Ive updated from 4.15 to 4.17 today and tried to pack on android atc, i got this error regarding your plugin
      i ve made project migrate not duplication from the old one

      LogTemp: Error: {Pool}:: Trying to Parse Object-Pool Component, but:: Invalid Template Class!

      what is it ?
      I replied your email. I've got an Android device here; if you send me a project copy with the error I then can find it and fix this issue.
      I of course delete the files after I find the bug!

      Edit:
      Btw, I'm pushing today a "blind fix" for this problem. I have an idea of why this is happening to you, but keep in mind I haven't seen this error myself so I can't guarantee it's a 100% fix.
      Last edited by BrUnO XaVIeR; 09-26-2017, 09:03 AM.
      | Savior | USQLite | FSM | Object Pool | Sound Occlusion | Property Transfer | Magic Nodes | MORE |

      Comment


        I've submitted update (1.3.6) with fix for this issue.
        Hopefully Marketplace team can process the update quickly :]
        | Savior | USQLite | FSM | Object Pool | Sound Occlusion | Property Transfer | Magic Nodes | MORE |

        Comment


          I also got that Invalid Template Class error. After removing all objPool-blueprints that wasnt needed anymore, the message dissapeared. I believe I had some old blueprints there that didnt have right parent class anymore. But didnt look after it better. Having still over 10 pools and no cook issues.

          Comment


            Originally posted by SaOk View Post
            I also got that Invalid Template Class error. After removing all objPool-blueprints that wasnt needed anymore, the message dissapeared. I believe I had some old blueprints there that didnt have right parent class anymore. But didnt look after it better. Having still over 10 pools and no cook issues.
            That may have something to do with invalidation of pins; so this is why I pushed a "reinforcement" code within 1.3.6 to make sure pins won't ever be invalidated when you have a pool connected to the node. It's still just a guess since I have never seen this issue myself, but this code patch may have fixed this.

            1.3.6 is already live on marketplace for UE4.16 and UE4.17; very worthy upgrade to it now from plugin 1.3.5 and earlier!
            | Savior | USQLite | FSM | Object Pool | Sound Occlusion | Property Transfer | Magic Nodes | MORE |

            Comment


              After enabling "Use Compilation Manager" in 4.17.2, getting that Invalid Template Class error again. Even after the plugin update. I noticed I didnt have instigator connected to spawn-node if that would cause it. Will try to package demo again tommorow. If "Use Compilation Manager" is disabled, the packaging works, but getting fatal crash when trying launch the game. But dont know if that was related with this error.

              Comment


                Originally posted by SaOk View Post
                After enabling "Use Compilation Manager" in 4.17.2, getting that Invalid Template Class error again. Even after the plugin update. I noticed I didnt have instigator connected to spawn-node if that would cause it. Will try to package demo again tommorow. If "Use Compilation Manager" is disabled, the packaging works, but getting fatal crash when trying launch the game. But dont know if that was related with this error.
                I have that enabled as well; no issue seen.
                Are you packaging for windows? Could you send me a full log file?
                | Savior | USQLite | FSM | Object Pool | Sound Occlusion | Property Transfer | Magic Nodes | MORE |

                Comment


                  Sure, sent. Tried to remake all components and keeping settings as default for used components in blueprint and for spawn. But still getting that error when trying to package. Using only character pools. The template class have {S} Pool Character as parent class. One of the template class is child for character that have {S} Pool Character as parent. But the error is listed 4 times and having 4 components as total.

                  Edit: Wasnt the child. After removing that, the 3 remeaining pools still give that errror.
                  Last edited by SaOk; 09-27-2017, 08:14 AM.

                  Comment


                    Originally posted by SaOk View Post
                    Sure, sent. Tried to remake all components and keeping settings as default for used components in blueprint and for spawn. But still getting that error when trying to package. Using only character pools. The template class have {S} Pool Character as parent class. One of the template class is child for character that have {S} Pool Character as parent. But the error is listed 4 times and having 4 components as total.

                    Edit: Wasnt the child. After removing that, the 3 remeaining pools still give that errror.
                    Thanks!
                    I am packaging now 1.3.7 with changes based on the logs you provided; there's interesting warnings rolling there.
                    Looks like Unreal 4.17.2 have small changes inside few internal API functions; still, I should be able to see these errors myself as well, the fact they never happen here is still making me mad.
                    Will submit this another 1.3.7 patch anyways, let's see how it goes for you.
                    | Savior | USQLite | FSM | Object Pool | Sound Occlusion | Property Transfer | Magic Nodes | MORE |

                    Comment


                      1.3.7 is already up on Marketplace and Launcher library (for UE4.16 and UE4.17).
                      | Savior | USQLite | FSM | Object Pool | Sound Occlusion | Property Transfer | Magic Nodes | MORE |

                      Comment


                        Just saw and tried it Bruno, results.. the same...
                        4.15 = ok
                        4.16 = only on windows , on android i get some probably java errors maybe not related to your plugin
                        * do you have any idea why this is happening??? i can send you my log :-)
                        4.17 = Nothing.. stil getting the same error about Object-Pool ,also some more added..

                        BUT..

                        Ive tried to migrate the Actors related to your Plugin to another project am working on and it worked as inteded for all engine versions!!! also nativised blueprints worked which is a surpise for me :-)
                        well offcourse this is a month or less project so its not complicated like the other ive been working for over a year, so am a bit dissapointed,, :-(

                        thnx for your effort seriusly!! i will send you my logs in some hours so you can tell more about it

                        Comment


                          Originally posted by GRADgr View Post
                          Just saw and tried it Bruno, results.. the same...
                          4.15 = ok
                          4.16 = only on windows , on android i get some probably java errors maybe not related to your plugin
                          * do you have any idea why this is happening??? i can send you my log :-)
                          4.17 = Nothing.. stil getting the same error about Object-Pool ,also some more added..

                          BUT..

                          Ive tried to migrate the Actors related to your Plugin to another project am working on and it worked as inteded for all engine versions!!! also nativised blueprints worked which is a surpise for me :-)
                          well offcourse this is a month or less project so its not complicated like the other ive been working for over a year, so am a bit dissapointed,, :-(

                          thnx for your effort seriusly!! i will send you my logs in some hours so you can tell more about it
                          Yes, please send logs.
                          This error makes no sense at all for me; I've tried a dozen projects and still I can't reproduce it.
                          The only reason for this to fire is if your Pool Component's Template Class input field is somehow being reset to "null" by the Editor, but if that is happening there I have no idea why.
                          | Savior | USQLite | FSM | Object Pool | Sound Occlusion | Property Transfer | Magic Nodes | MORE |

                          Comment


                            If this may help you until I get back home to send you logs.

                            From the images I've send you LaserblasterBP is spawned and controled via MainPawnBP. But wouldnt this affect also older engine versions?

                            Comment


                              Also still getting the same error. Been trying to see what could be related with the problem, but no luck so far.

                              Comment


                                Saok which other third party plugins are you using? Am with gameDNA plugins and the PathFollow , maybe those have to do with this?

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X