Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BrUnO XaVIeR View Post

I am running several projects on 4.25 latest version;
    It's possible you don't have plugin binaries built for the latest engine release. Without DLLs properly compiled = no plugin.
    Output logs always have something to say in there for things like this.
    I just downloaded the newest version of the engine plugin from the Epic Marketplace into a fully updated 4.25.3, I'm not really sure what else I can say, the plugin works in PIE, but as soon as I packaged the game Spawn Pooled Actor stops working completely. This can be tested by simply launching a standalone game from the editor, no bullets are spawned whatsoever in your demo project.

Once again, it appears to work fine in PIE, but doesn't work at all in packaged or standalone. I tried rebuilding the source as well just to get the same result, no build errors or any other errors for that matter, I have editor symbols installed as well with VS2019. UE4 wont open with missing dlls.
    Last edited by siditious; 12-01-2020, 11:22 PM.

Comment

"Launch from Editor" is not supported by this plug-in by default.

Unless you change the "Developer" module from 'Editor' to 'DeveloperTool' and patch manually calls to UnrealEd APIs.

I'm very sure packaged builds work.
      As I package a build every now and then, I would have noticed by now if shipping builds were broken.
      | Savior | USQLite | FSM | Object Pool | Sound Occlusion | Property Transfer | Magic Nodes | MORE |

Comment

Okay, sounds good, so it is a known issue. I actually packaged with the console with debug instead of shipping for further testing so that could be the issue.
        Last edited by siditious; 12-02-2020, 01:53 AM.

Comment

So I'm actually having another issue with the newest version of the plugin. I can't connect my object pool component to spawn actor from pool. It's really strange. It shows a checkmark when I connect the node, but as soon as I let go it disconnects the node. If I roll back to a previous version of the plugin this issue goes away.

Comment

You must specify the target class on first pin before the node allows you to connect anything.
            | Savior | USQLite | FSM | Object Pool | Sound Occlusion | Property Transfer | Magic Nodes | MORE |

Comment

I had some time to look into this today and submitted to Epic for review a "v2" update for Unreal 4.25 that supports "Debug Game" builds and uncooked "Launch from Editor" runtimes.

Comment

Originally posted by BrUnO XaVIeR View Post
                I had some time to look into this today and submitted to Epic for review a "v2" update for Unreal 4.25 that supports "Debug Game" builds and uncooked "Launch from Editor" runtimes.
                Right on, thanks for your help, it's a great tool.

Comment

Wait for 4.26 update.

Comment

All plugins I publish have been updated, you have to wait for Epic to release them.

Comment

Thanks for the updates. Been a must have plug-in. Is the update packing game normally? I built version from source meanwhile and getting unknown structure error from PoolSpawnOptions used for Character-pool spawn.

Comment

Every major engine release requires changes to plugin code. I don't remember exactly what I changed on this one anymore, but I remember was a 2 minutes fix and was ready to submit update for review.

Comment

Question on best practises: We have a game where we have a single pawn that goes around the level and there are 2 types of TargetBP s to Shoot Each Spawns a different type of Score Widget BP when hit and it disappears and goes back to the pool. Each TargetBP I have a pool of 9 ScoreBP Actors - I have 60 Targets (and you can only shoot one at a time) do they all share those pooled actors or should I be setting up a 'Shared pool actor"? Each Target will only spawn a single ScoreBP at a time.. ( I was thinking the 9 would be for the level - need confirmation) -

Also can you put shared pool items into the gamemode BP? That can be called from any BP and is a truly single object and map/level independant?

Thanks
                          Last edited by aldermark; 12-22-2020, 12:23 PM.

Comment

You can add pool component to any Actor, including Game Mode actor.

It's a matter of preference, but I wouldn't add a pool component to each target, I would use only one for all of them and move spawn origin to current target when needed.

Comment

Thanks - Perfect I have the Gamemode holding lots of variables so makes better sense to do it there... I can Cast to the BP and spawn the pooled the actors from there from the Target BP.

Comment

Working...
                              X