No announcement yet.

Plugin Object Pool Component

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BrUnO XaVIeR I finally upgraded to 4.25.1 and I am still getting this in the Output Log window when packaging my project (with Object Pool plugin) for Android:

UATHelper: Packaging (Android (ASTC)): LogTemp: Warning: :: Initializing Object-Pool Plugin.
    PackagingResults: Warning: :: Initializing Object-Pool Plugin.
    I am using source build of UE4, not the launcher version and the only place where Object Plugin is located is in my project.

Comment

That is harmless. I kept that log there for longer than it should, I used it to track some debug points in a large pile of logs on big project, but it actually means nothing to worry about.
      | Savior | USQLite | FSM | Object Pool | Sound Occlusion | Property Transfer | Magic Nodes | MORE |

Comment

Originally posted by BrUnO XaVIeR View Post
        I am moving those settings from config to properties of Pool Components;
        Will submit an update for that this week:

<3
        Thanks!

Comment

A developer is having trouble working with Homing Projectile setup, so I will try to explain the basics here (in case anybody else is confused by this as well), where his efforts are going wrong.

First, do not try to force a target long after the projectile was spawned; create a Target property and make it editable with 'Expose on Spawn' enabled:

Second, make use of 'Pool Begin Play' event from your pooled actor BP that you use as class for your projectile. Pass the default Target value to the Pooled Projectile component:

Then on your spawner Actor (the one that owns your Object Pool Component), don't forget to find your actual Target actor in world and attach it to your new pin;
          Also very important: do NOT enable gravity and/or Physics simulation on your spawn options, if that is enabled Homing effect won't work as expected:

If done it right, you should have perfectly fine pooled homing projectiles, like these:

| Savior | USQLite | FSM | Object Pool | Sound Occlusion | Property Transfer | Magic Nodes | MORE |

Comment

Thank you for your explanation.

>"First, do not try to force a target long after the projectile was spawned"

So, a missile can't change target after its launch? (you know, change target because the one you choice at start, is suddenly destroyed by anything else.) Right?

Last edited by kamesan; 07-14-2020, 11:19 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by kamesan View Post
              Thank you for your explanation.

>"First, do not try to force a target long after the projectile was spawned"

So, a missile can't change target after its launch? (you know, change target because the one you choice at start, is suddenly destroyed by anything else.) Right?
              Yes it can, what won't work is not having ANY target set from Pool Begin Play event. You have to pass the value to the projectile component from that event at least once.

Comment

I updated to UE 4.25.2.
                I migrated OBJPoolDemo from UE4.24 to UE 4.25.2
                When I pack a project, it show this error. It seems objects pool plug-in is not compatible with UE4.25.2. Please update the plug-in.
                Attached Files
                Last edited by skydashstudio; 07-24-2020, 04:00 PM.

Comment

See 4.25 release thread.
                  That's a small bug Epic introduced in 4.25.2, they are working on a fix for this error.

Comment

https://forums.unrealengine.com/unre...eleased/page22
                    It is fixed. Thank you.

Comment

Ran into an odd problem today: My missiles (Homing Projectiles) work fine, but if I want to make torpedos that fly straight for say 2 seconds THEN begin homing, I simply cannot get it to work. I've tried using every type of delay node to set a new Homing_Acceleration_Magnitude float or Is_Homing_Projectile bool to true but nothing I seem to do allows for a torpedo homing projectile....

Really the simplest solution I can think of is to set Homing_Target Actor, Is_Homing_Projectile ---- but leave Homing_Acceleration_Magnitude float at 0 then after a 2 second delay change the Homing_Acceleration_Magnitude to say 7000, but nothing I am doing works.
                      halp
                      Last edited by Ghoztt; 07-28-2020, 08:56 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ghoztt View Post
                        Ran into an odd problem today: My missiles (Homing Projectiles) work fine, but if I want to make torpedos that fly straight for say 2 seconds THEN begin homing, I simply cannot get it to work. I've tried using every type of delay node to set a new Homing_Acceleration_Magnitude float or Is_Homing_Projectile bool to true but nothing I seem to do allows for a torpedo homing projectile....
                        From your pooled projectile you can use a node "Get Projectile Movement Component"..
                        It's there you change runtime values, if you change runtime values of a "Pooled Projectile" component at runtime it won't work because it caches values to initialize the movement component of the projectile.

The "Pooled Projectile" component is a box for the default projectile component that cannot be pooled.

Comment

BrUnO XaVIeR
                          ​​​​​​​Lifesaver

Comment

Hello there guys! Joining here the fun with me own issue, please see the video

My projectiles for some reason sometimes work properly and sometimes don't.. sometimes they stop in place and disappear after a few seconds or disappear way too early (they are supposed to almost reach the edge of the screen)
                            Here's my code pretty much, I'd like to believe I did it correctly but I am not sure, let me know if I am missing anything.
                            https://gyazo.com/d903c68b55136077cb35e4de6b7dde27
                            https://gyazo.com/271bd4c3b879a3f1de79325b6edcdc8b

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Zero.Miz-Kun View Post
                              My projectiles for some reason sometimes work properly and sometimes don't..
                              See demo project and how custom collision presets are used there.
                              Misconfigured collision settings can cause undesired behavior with pooled actors.

https://www.unrealengine.com/en-US/b...sion-filtering

Comment

Originally posted by BrUnO XaVIeR View Post

See demo project and how custom collision presets are used there.
                                Misconfigured collision settings can cause undesired behavior with pooled actors.

https://www.unrealengine.com/en-US/b...sion-filtering
                                Ey thanks for your reply, I wanted to see the demos but all the links I found both on market and here are all expired could we get new ones? https://gyazo.com/1536c192bf543409cdcdd38607e2bc09

Comment

Working...
                                X