No announcement yet.

Plugin Object Pool Component

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What Version of UE4 that Demo was Created Because I am using a UE4.23.3 for my Project ?.

Comment

Originally posted by Chiako3D View Post
      What Version of UE4 that Demo was Created Because I am using a UE4.23.3 for my Project ?.
      There's a 4.23 project here:
      https://www.dropbox.com/s/etceqesbts...​​​​
      | Savior | USQLite | FSM | Object Pool | Sound Occlusion | Property Transfer | Magic Nodes | MORE |

Comment

OK. I have found the real issue my projectile Actor contains a "Default Scene root Component" and yours does not have it . After I remove the "Default Scene root Component" and let my Static Mesh Component not be a child of any component it starts to move. Wow, that was close. Thanks so much for your patience your response was professional and what a great plugin keep it .

Click image for larger version

Name:	wweeee.png
Views:	135
Size:	155.1 KB
ID:	1748682

Comment

Good you reported because I had no idea either something like that could cause any issues.
          Unreal is full of mysteries and gotchas
          | Savior | USQLite | FSM | Object Pool | Sound Occlusion | Property Transfer | Magic Nodes | MORE |

Comment

Yeah Bro. Unreal Engine is Always Unreal, Scary and Strange.

Comment

Wait for UE4.25 support.

Comment

Originally posted by skydashstudio View Post
                Wait for UE4.25 support.
                https://forums.unrealengine.com/unre...27#post1755827

Comment

question before buying:

when using it to pool characters does it disable everything while its in the pool?
                  ai,collisions,animations,navmesh, ticks and etc?

so while the character in the pool expect of memory is cost nothing?

does it also handle reset them to default values?

Comment

Every component and tick are disabled.
                    AI and Navmesh are external elements.

You can use interface event 'on return to pool' to reset defaults.

Comment

Is there UE4.25 support yet? I can't seem to spawn any object pool actors when upgrading my 4.23 project to 4.25...

Comment

You have to update the plugin to the 4.25 on Marketplace, if you use old source it won't work because 4.25 is very different from 4.23 engine.

Comment

Originally posted by BrUnO XaVIeR View Post
                          You have to update the plugin to the 4.25 on Marketplace, if you use old source it won't work because 4.25 is very different from 4.23 engine.
                          It says inside UE4 I have Object Pool Component 1.9.2 installed... is that the correct version for 4.25.1?

Comment

Originally posted by Ghoztt View Post

It says inside UE4 I have Object Pool Component 1.9.2 installed... is that the correct version for 4.25.1?
                            Yes, that's latest version.
                            I have migrated projects from 4.24 without any problem, do your logs say anything?

Comment

BrUnO XaVIeR Can you please expose the Set Template Class so that we can set it via the blueprint? Also let me know if I can change the C++ code than build it with my project then put it back in the engine folder, if that would work?

Comment

I've never tried to do that.
                                Not sure if it's a good idea.

You can move plugin source to project/Plugins folder and uninstall from Launcher, it's safer for building source changes.

Comment

Working...
                                X