No announcement yet.

Plugin Object Pool Component

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ha, that's what I figured. Will avoid pooling actors into pooled actors. Or breaking eggs ;-)

Thanks for the clarification on shared pools, seems like I'm on the right track. Appreciate all the help so far!

Comment

Hi

Any idea when the 4.23 version of the plugin is going to be released ?

Comment

Bumping this- How long before we get the updated version of the plugin for the newly released 4.23 ?

Comment

Originally posted by k3nny View Post
          Hi

Any idea when the 4.23 version of the plugin is going to be released ?
          I am doing this today.
          Marketplace team's review process I can't tell you how long they take, it's random.
          | Savior | USQLite | FSM | Object Pool | Sound Occlusion | Property Transfer | Magic Nodes | MORE |

Comment

Thanks for submitting.Great plugin ,worked wonders on my scene

Comment

I copied projects to UE4.24.1. Objects pool works fine when I play in editor. But when I play in stand alone game, actors in pools are not spawned.
              I packaged a project. It seem object pool works normally in a packed game.

Comment

I am having the same issues as skydashstudios. Hopefully this will be fixed or we will get some reponse soon.

Comment

I don't know about standalone issues.
                  My focus is to keep it working on Editor and packaged builds.

Running on standalone mode adds a lot of weird behavior, too many to count.
                  | Savior | USQLite | FSM | Object Pool | Sound Occlusion | Property Transfer | Magic Nodes | MORE |

Comment

Hi there, I have two weapons that shoot spawned projectile actor BPs, one that is static in the level (ground gun) and one that is from a spawned actor (not pooled) - The ground gun works fine but the one on the hand gun doesn't spawn the actors. I am using object pools (not shared object pools) - What am I doing wrong. I have the same issue for score point widgets.. (ue4.24). please let me know the correct setup.

Comment

You probably didn't initialize instances on your spawned Actor neither enabled pooling on demand in project settings.

Comment

Originally posted by BrUnO XaVIeR View Post
                        You probably didn't initialize instances on your spawned Actor neither enabled pooling on demand in project settings.
                        Thanks for the reply - I have done those, but on closer inspection:

1) The BPProjectile is spawned by the gun has a projectile speed of 0 even though its set correctly on spawn and appears to be being passed using a PrintScreen message. (The ground ones were fine) so can't use it.
                        2) The BP Widget with a score is also spawned but it's invisible.

Both seem to be an issue when a generic BP type of actor is used more than once in a level, in the demo app It works ok but the actors are not the same as I'm trying to do - unfortunately I'm having to back out all those changes and go back with spawn on-demand.

I'm not sure what the difference between the shared pool and pool are. Either doesn't fix my issue.

Comment

Hello,
                          My name is Chiaka.
                          I purchased your plugin quiet while now but just recently I started Testing it . Basically it not working at all . I have gone through your forum Documentation and I have done exactly what was
                          explained there but the result is that the Actor containing the Pool component is Spawning Correctly the Actor derived from the Pool Actor Parent class with Pool Projectile component attached to it. But the Spawned Actor Does not move at all very annoying. I was even planning for a refund but I decided to contact you first and see your response. Thanks for your reply.

Click image for larger version  Name:	1.jpg Views:	0 Size:	65.0 KB ID:	1748417

Actor That Does the Spawning:

Click image for larger version  Name:	33.jpg Views:	0 Size:	273.3 KB ID:	1748421

The Actor That was spawned but not moving:
                          Click image for larger version  Name:	ww.jpg Views:	0 Size:	129.1 KB ID:	1748424
                          Last edited by Chiako3D; 04-21-2020, 08:49 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Chiako3D View Post
                            Hello,
                            My name is Chiaka.
                            I purchased your plugin quiet while now but just recently I started Testing it . Basically it not working at all . I have gone through your forum Documentation and I have done exactly what was
                            explained there but the result is that the Actor containing the Pool component is Spawning Correctly the Actor derived from the Pool Actor Parent class with Pool Projectile component attached to it. But the Spawned Actor Does not move at all very annoying. I was even planning for a refund but I decided to contact you first and see your response. Thanks for your reply.
                            There's no need to post same thing "everywhere" and send it to every email possible.
                            I got the review notification. I don't know why you think 1 star is fair, anyways, you didn't understand how to use the spline method properly;
                            There is a sample project you can download from here:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/rk2i0mm2sg..._Demo.zip?dl=0

"100" speed for a spline path means it will move so fast you won't even see the bullet.
                            You should actually do something like this instead (when spline is used):

"1.0" speed, the bullet will travel across the spline path in 1 second.
                            "2.0" speed, the bullet does the same in half a second.
                            "100" speed, you are basically teleporting the bullet.

Comment

Hi I can't find that Node /Function containing those variables. please could you show me where I can find it ?

Click image for larger version  Name:	C78NLsQs.png Views:	0 Size:	221.9 KB ID:	1748620

"But As a professional, you could have provided a video tutorial that shows basic implementation at least. "
                              Last edited by Chiako3D; 04-21-2020, 03:01 PM.

Comment

"Bullet Speed" is a property marked with "Exposed on Spawn" flag.
                                Epic have documentation for that:

https://docs.unrealengine.com/en-US/...#exposeonspawn

The other struct pins, when it is disconnected you can right click it and do this:

Nodes can split structs to make it show each variable as a pin.
                                I just posted above a link with a project for you to see, I don't know why a video would be any better than an actual project to show the nodes in use.

Comment

Working...
                                X