Plugin Object Pool Component

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Then set Pool Size, how many copies of your pooled Actor class your design implies are needed for your game to run this level in particular
    What happens if I have to spawn more actors then the pool size? will the pool size increase dynamically?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by BrUnO XaVIeR View Post
    Thanks, Character support will come soon; I just hsve to deliver paid work first :s
    Looks quite useful

Will definitely buy it when it supports characters!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by liuwei View Post
    Does this plugin support c++ Actor ? And how to pool the particles?
    Yes, you can use any C++ Actor class with this as well as Blueprints.
    If the particle is attached to a pooled Actor, you can use the "Pool Begin Play" and "Pool End Play" events on that Actor, to activate/deactivate particle effects.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by gotgrassct View Post
    I'll definitely be buying this!! Very excited for the Pooled Characters and pawns!
    Thanks, Character support will come soon; I just hsve to deliver paid work first :s

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I'll definitely be buying this!! Very excited for the Pooled Characters and pawns!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hi Bruno! Great plugin!

Quick question: To get an actor spawned from the pool to tick i have to enable ticks in the On Pool Begin Play? It was the only way i could get ticks to work. (and probably a stupid follow up question; should i then disable ticks before returning it to the pool? )

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Does this plugin support c++ Actor ? And how to pool the particles?
    Last edited by liuwei; 02-12-2017, 11:48 PM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I've sent the files to Epic already; I have to sit and wait now.

Edit:

Fix is already on Marketplace.
    Last edited by BrUnO XaVIeR; 02-10-2017, 07:21 PM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Great to hear , thanks for the instant response. Cant wait to try the upcoming update.

Was using the pool for bullets. Tried to prevent those getting destroyed, but seems those ended up to z world removal.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by SaOk View Post
    Essential plugin but having crash-issue with 4.14. Seems like if the pool have some destroed actors, then the editor crashes when "empty object pool"-node is used, the related blueprint (that have the pool) is destroyed or play in viewport session is ended.
    Thanks, I will check this right now.
    Just keep in mind that pooled objects are not supposed to be destroyed (destroy the pool owner instead), but it shouldn't crash because of that, I will see where the mistake is.

Edit:

[MENTION=50574]SaOk[/MENTION]

Thank you for finding this issue;
    I have found the crash reason, I've fixed it and will submit to Epic as soon as I can.

The thing is, I forgot about one thing: to check if any of Pooled Actors are marked by the engine as Pending Kill before I tell the Pool Component to be empty.
    The result is that once you destroy a pooled actor, it is not immediately gone... It is marked as pending kill until GC is able to collect, but there's a pointer in the Pool holding reference to the destroyed Actor and once you use the 'Empty Pool' in this case you are actually calling Destroy() function 3x on an Actor that is not valid anymore.
    I just had to check if the pooled Actors are valid at low level, just one line of code inside the Empty Pool function.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Essential plugin but having crash-issue with 4.14. Seems like if the pool have some destroed actors, then the editor crashes when "empty object pool"-node is used, the related blueprint (that have the pool) is destroyed or play in viewport session is ended.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Thank you!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by BoredEngineer View Post
    Awww, I really like "quality of life" plugins like this. Could you please update us when it's ready to be thrown money at?
    [MENTION=12960]BoredEngineer[/MENTION]
    Marketplace released this today:

https://www.unrealengine.com/marketp...ct-pool-plugin

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Awww, I really like "quality of life" plugins like this. Could you please update us when it's ready to be thrown money at?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I have just updated original post, with Marketplace release date, and the tutorial on how to use the plugin

Leave a comment:

Working...
X