No announcement yet.

Plugin Object Pool Component

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Okay... based on changes for the 1.9.0 plugin I am submitting for review today, for Unreal 4.22+, I rewrote the whole original post covering a lot of things that was not mentioned previously:

https://forums.unrealengine.com/unre...ent#post104929
    | Finite State Machine | Savior | USQLite | Object-Pool | Sound-Occlusion | Property Transfer | Magic Nodes | MORE |

Comment

After latest plugin update, pawn-pool component/Pool Pawn dosent seem to be working correctly. If trying to create spawn from pool, the node connection gets deleted instanlty and you cant reconnect it even it shows green. Blueprint compile with spawn pawn from pool cause editor to crash.
      Last edited by SaOk; 06-29-2019, 08:06 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by SaOk View Post
        After latest plugin update, pawn-pool component dosent seem to be working correctly. If trying to create spawn from pool from blueprint using that class as parent, the node connection gets deleted instanlty and you cant reconnect it even it shows green. Blueprint compile with spawn pawn from pool cause editor to crash.
        Can you show me a screenshot of node and component and send me a crash log?

_____

Edit:

Oh okay, I did a mistake.
        In Pawn K2Node_ there is this:
        Code:
        PoolPinName(TEXT("ObjectPool"));
        That is wrong, the pin name is "PawnPool"... That's why you get a crash.
        I messed up, sorry! I fixed the mistake on K2Node_SpawnPawnFromPool and sending to Epic to update files on Marketplace
        | Finite State Machine | Savior | USQLite | Object-Pool | Sound-Occlusion | Property Transfer | Magic Nodes | MORE |

Comment

No worries, thanks for the quick support.

Comment

The fix should be available on Marketplace now.

Comment

Originally posted by skydashstudio View Post
              I got a problem. Sometimes, my enemy is destroyed immediately when I start level.
              After trials and errors, I realized event begin overlap of my bullets are fired when a pool is initialized. Their location are 0,0,0

https://youtu.be/BAmKjlgZQ3k
              (More info in this video.)

To fix this glitch. I add "event begin play. -> set actor location = player pawn location." to my pooled bullets.
              I had the same issue with my overlaps all triggering at once. I use begin play and moved them to a coordinate (z = -1000) where I knew they wouldn't trigger. Worked like a charm, thanks for figuring that out!

Given everything in a pool seems to spawn at 0,0,0 this is the only workaround I have found, is there a way to delay events or something? I tried unchecking start on tick and auto initialize but that didn't work.

Comment

All you need is a proper collision channel setup.
                Make your collision channel ignore itself and set your classes to use that channel by default.
                For example bullets should be in a bullet channel where it's impossible for bullets to collide with each other.

You can also change a Blueprint's collision channel on pool's begin/end play events.

Comment

Working...
                X