Plugin Object Pool Component

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Awesome! Already upgrading my project

One small thing... Would consider changing EVENT_OnPoolBeginPlay() and EVENT_OnPoolEndPlay() from BlueprintImplementableEvent to BlueprintNativeEvent? And I'd use plug-in without any modification

Comment

I didn't change that because many projects would break existing bindings and my email would fill with complaints :3
      | Savior | USQLite | FSM | Object Pool | Sound Occlusion | Property Transfer | Magic Nodes | MORE |

Comment

Actually it shouldn't break anything, since blueprints events also work with NativeEvent specifier. I tried it yesterday, didn't change name of the event. Everything works

Comment

What is the code you need in the native function body?
          | Savior | USQLite | FSM | Object Pool | Sound Occlusion | Property Transfer | Magic Nodes | MORE |

Comment

I process game-specific stuff in C++ child. That's all

Comment

I've added this to my notes to not forget when I submit another update.

Comment

Hi Bruno,

I just purchased your plugin, I'm trying to open the 4.20 demo project so I can better understand how to implement but Unreal crashes when I try to open it. Any suggestions?
                I'm getting a bit lost trying to get this to work. (I have an actor with the pool component set up and I've redone the class parenting but can't figure out next steps)

Thanks in advance!

Comment

Originally posted by rustbucket1971 View Post
                  Hi Bruno,
                  I just purchased your plugin, I'm trying to open the 4.20 demo project so I can better understand how to implement but Unreal crashes
                  You probably installed the plugin for one engine version while using demo project for another.
                  You can right click the downloaded project and switch engine version if you have visual studio installed. If you don't have VS, make sure in Launcher you installed the plugin to the Unreal Engine 4.20 the same of the demo project.

Comment

Here is demo project for Unreal & plugin version 4.22:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/8urovvv6c7...E4.22.zip?dl=0

Comment

Yeah I have the 1.8.2 version of the plugin and it was installed on 4.22.3 so that would explain why 4.20 was crashing.

I hate to be that guy who is a pain in the *** but the 4.22 project you linked doesn't seem to want to load, error attached. Would it just be easier for me to create a new project and import the content from your zip file?

Attached Files
                      Last edited by rustbucket1971; 06-19-2019, 04:50 PM.

Comment

Got it working! Phew! (Bruno, you can disregard that error message request for help)
                        Really nice plugin, very much appreciate you putting this together now that I finally grasp how it works.

That said...some constructive advice? It could really benefit from better documentation, scanning through 25 pages of forum posts to figure out my issues wasn't the easiest way to learn something. I know it's not fun to write out instructions but some really important stuff about projectiles, shared pools, etc. is all buried 7-8 pages deep in this thread. In the long run it would probably save you a lot of time dealing with support issues from noobs like myself.

Hopefully that didn't come off as too negative because this thing literally saved my project and I owe you. As a way of paying it forward would anyone be interested in a quick video tutorial so they can grasp the basics? Let me know and I'll try and put something together!

Comment

Video tutorials are always welcome

From my POV is difficult to see "things that I take for granted", but new devs find difficult dealing with.

Comment

By the way, I have scheduled this next sunday to review these same 10 pages of questions and add relevant info into the main thread.

Comment

Originally posted by BrUnO XaVIeR View Post
                              Video tutorials are always welcome

From my POV is difficult to see "things that I take for granted", but new devs find difficult dealing with.
                              Yeah, I could totally see that which is why I thought maybe a tutorial written by a newb for other newbs might provide the missing context. (that or I'll end up making things worse!)

Comment

Moved into the plugin from a project, a custom component to fire projectiles along Splines components...
                                Now need documentation :s

Comment

Working...
                                X