Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Plugin Object Pool Component

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #16
    Originally posted by liuwei View Post
    Does this plugin support c++ Actor ? And how to pool the particles?
    Yes, you can use any C++ Actor class with this as well as Blueprints.
    If the particle is attached to a pooled Actor, you can use the "Pool Begin Play" and "Pool End Play" events on that Actor, to activate/deactivate particle effects.
    | Savior | USQLite | FSM | Object Pool | Sound Occlusion | Property Transfer | Magic Nodes | MORE |

    Comment


      #17
      Originally posted by BrUnO XaVIeR View Post
      Thanks, Character support will come soon; I just hsve to deliver paid work first :s
      Looks quite useful

      Will definitely buy it when it supports characters!
      --------------------------------------------------------
      [New On Marketplace] Custom Character Creator
      --------------------------------------------------------
      [Marketplace]Multiplayer Melee Combat System - Animated Crossbow
      --------------------------------------------------------

      Comment


        #18
        Then set Pool Size, how many copies of your pooled Actor class your design implies are needed for your game to run this level in particular
        What happens if I have to spawn more actors then the pool size? will the pool size increase dynamically?
        VR Shooter Guns - Arcade Shooter for Vive
        Unreal Meetup Franken - Unreal Engine 4 Meetup
        Hands for VR: Basic - For Vive and Oculus [Marketplace]
        Hands for VR: SciFi - For HTC Vive and Oculus Touch [Marketplace]

        Comment


          #19
          Originally posted by btengelh View Post
          What happens if I have to spawn more actors then the pool size? will the pool size increase dynamically?
          Doing that will defeat the concept of object pool.
          There's an option in Project Settings to enable this, but doing so you will fire SpawnActor<>() function and break the "pooling" cycle; for this reason I have not invested too much on this functionality, depending on what you do it will not work as expected.

          This second option, it's left disabled by default:

          | Savior | USQLite | FSM | Object Pool | Sound Occlusion | Property Transfer | Magic Nodes | MORE |

          Comment


            #20
            Thanks Bruno, I was just wondering if you implemented something for this case.
            I wondered because I can not tell if a pool of e.g. 1k is enough for projectiles in all cases. Players would be upset if their headshot is projectile #1001 and won't get spawned because the pool is full That's why I asked.
            Last edited by Ben_Cykyria; 02-13-2017, 12:55 PM. Reason: there/their -.-
            VR Shooter Guns - Arcade Shooter for Vive
            Unreal Meetup Franken - Unreal Engine 4 Meetup
            Hands for VR: Basic - For Vive and Oculus [Marketplace]
            Hands for VR: SciFi - For HTC Vive and Oculus Touch [Marketplace]

            Comment


              #21
              1.0.1 for UE 4.15 have been submitted to Epic Marketplace Team.
              | Savior | USQLite | FSM | Object Pool | Sound Occlusion | Property Transfer | Magic Nodes | MORE |

              Comment


                #22
                Great to hear that character support is also in plans. Have used own system for that, but this plugin makes it much more simple and manageable.

                Comment


                  #23
                  I have re-worked and optimized today the "Instantiate on Demand" function of the Pool;
                  And have added support for Pawn and skeletal Character classes to be pooled, this needs more testing. After more stability and stress tests I send 1.1 version over to Epic for an update somewhere at the end of this next week.



                  Edit:

                  Looks like they are ready (reds are pawns and cyan are skeletal characters);
                  Just some more tweaking and more testing to go

                  | Savior | USQLite | FSM | Object Pool | Sound Occlusion | Property Transfer | Magic Nodes | MORE |

                  Comment


                    #24
                    This is on my to-buy list

                    I wonder why not to make it multithreaded. It could boost performance even further.

                    Comment


                      #25
                      Originally posted by motorsep View Post
                      This is on my to-buy list

                      I wonder why not to make it multithreaded. It could boost performance even further.
                      UObject cannot be threaded.
                      | Savior | USQLite | FSM | Object Pool | Sound Occlusion | Property Transfer | Magic Nodes | MORE |

                      Comment


                        #26
                        Hey got a few questions -
                        But first some background of the project.

                        I am currently working on a RTS that has a fair few amount of Skeletal Meshes and actors on screen at once.
                        Roughly 100 to 250 skeletal meshes max per player with up to 5 Players per side with up to 2 sides. I plan on making heavy use of this plugin.

                        Now here goes my questions -

                        1. Does this work with the built in BP based vehicle class?
                        2. I want to pool of various stats (Health, Armor, Morale, etc.) for of groups infantry and Vehicles. Is there any particular recommended way to handle this?
                        3. Does this work with multiplayer?
                        Last edited by HeadClot; 02-21-2017, 01:00 AM.

                        Comment


                          #28
                          Originally posted by btengelh View Post
                          Does it work with particle effects?
                          Yes, you just have to manually activate/deactivate the particle emitter on your Actor's "On Pool Begin Play" and "On Pool End Play" events.
                          | Savior | USQLite | FSM | Object Pool | Sound Occlusion | Property Transfer | Magic Nodes | MORE |

                          Comment


                            #29
                            Originally posted by HeadClot View Post
                            Hey got a few questions -
                            But first some background of the project.

                            I am currently working on a RTS that has a fair few amount of Skeletal Meshes and actors on screen at once.
                            Roughly 100 to 250 skeletal meshes max per player with up to 5 Players per side with up to 2 sides. I plan on making heavy use of this plugin.

                            Now here goes my questions -

                            1. Does this work with the built in BP based vehicle class?
                            2. I want to pool of various stats (Health, Armor, Morale, etc.) for of groups infantry and Vehicles. Is there any particular recommended way to handle this?
                            3. Does this work with multiplayer?
                            1: Right now it will not pool AWheeledVehicle class, but since it is a sub-class of Pawn, would take a few minutes to add now that Pawns are already supported.


                            2: Whatever you need to pool, at the moment must be a child of APooledXX classes; so if you have a blueprint that is child of any built-in in-engine class that cannot be pooled because it inherits the engine directly.
                            Right now anything child of AActor, APawn, ACharacter, they can be pooled fine: but if you have an engine class in the middle (such as AWheeledVehicle) the engine breaks the class inheritance; so best way to avoid problems for now is converting base AActor, APawn or ACharacter blueprints which can be converted to APooled one without breaking the game.


                            3: The pooling mechanism is not replicated for now; developers have to replicate it manually on multiplayer games, but I may change this in the near future once the core functionality is stabilished.
                            Last edited by BrUnO XaVIeR; 02-21-2017, 08:16 AM.
                            | Savior | USQLite | FSM | Object Pool | Sound Occlusion | Property Transfer | Magic Nodes | MORE |

                            Comment


                              #30
                              Originally posted by BrUnO XaVIeR View Post
                              1: Right now it will not pool AWheeledVehicle class, but since it is a sub-class of Pawn, would take a few minutes to add now that Pawns are already supported.


                              2: Whatever you need to pool, at the moment must be a child of APooledXX classes; so if you have a blueprint that is child of any built-in in-engine class that cannot be pooled because it inherits the engine directly.
                              Right now anything child of AActor, APawn, ACharacter, they can be pooled fine: but if you have an engine class in the middle (such as AWheeledVehicle) the engine breaks the class inheritance; so best way to avoid problems for now is converting base AActor, APawn or ACharacter blueprints which can be converted to APooled one without breaking the game.


                              3: The pooling mechanism is not replicated for now; developers have to replicate it manually on multiplayer games, but I may change this in the near future once the core functionality is stabilished.
                              Hi Bruno Xavier

                              Your plugin should be usefull for open world maps.
                              Does it works with any characters BP, for example i have BP AI controlled characters including Behaviour Trees, does your plugin works also in that case ?

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X