No announcement yet.

Plugin Object Pool Component

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where is the best place to discuss the issues I'm having? I did have the pool component attached to the pooled actor, that solved that crash.

I cannot delete the 'spawn actor from pool' node in some actors without the editor crashing...

Also when my bullets are shot they don't follow the same projectile path as they were with normal spawning and every second bullet simply spawns and doesn't move..... Let me know if we can discuss here or elsewhere thanks.....

Comment

On Editor's plugin manager panel you can find support email.

Btw, I would double check the direction vector of pooled projectile component making sure it points forward; might be just 0,0,0 in your case making it not move on spawn.

Also wrong physics options may cause the mesh get stuck ignoring Ticks.

_____

The node not deleting, detach all pins connected to it, clear the node's reference to any target Pool Component, recompile Blueprint then it should delete fine.
      Last edited by BrUnO XaVIeR; 08-05-2018, 02:18 PM.
      | Savior | USQLite | FSM | Object Pool | Sound Occlusion | Property Transfer | Magic Nodes | MORE |

Comment

I didn't see any mention of using your 'PoolProjectileMovement' component anywhere in your initial write up. In fact I didn't know it existed or needed to be used until I found another mention of it hidden in the forums.
        Thanks for the quick responses it seems I have everything up and running right now. I will email you about creating a wiki so you wont have to spend your time answering some of these basic questions that can be explained with a better guide. Thanks!

Comment

Oh I didn't even notice it wasn't in first page;
          I've created that component way after original plugin published, because someone was unable to create or setup default movement component for their bullets to work with pooling.

Epic setup default bullets movement to execute on spawn only so a pooled default bullet wouldn't work from pooling because of that.
          | Savior | USQLite | FSM | Object Pool | Sound Occlusion | Property Transfer | Magic Nodes | MORE |

Comment

Hello, I have tried again.
            I set set pooled projectile direction to 1, 0, 0 on pool begin play.
            But bullets still did not moved.

The pooled objects with default projectile movement component from EpicGames are works fine for me.

Comment

Sorry to keep bugging you and I hate to bring this up and this sure is the wrong time for me to figure this out lol...... Is this set up for replication over the network? I got everything working perfectly in my editor and of course when I go to the network things are strange.... anything specific needs doing before I spend the next few hours scratching my head? Thanks again.

Comment

Originally posted by jdukeunrealdev View Post
                Sorry to keep bugging you and I hate to bring this up and this sure is the wrong time for me to figure this out lol...... Is this set up for replication over the network? I got everything working perfectly in my editor and of course when I go to the network things are strange.... anything specific needs doing before I spend the next few hours scratching my head? Thanks again.
                Plenty devs have had it working over network;
                I haven't build it to work natively replicated over network though so I'd try to contact someone here using the plugin on multiplayer game...

I tell you this because I personally have never setup the pooling system to be replicated, but apparently those devs around here have it working just fine using networked events in their Blueprints!

Btw, If I don't answer some times is because I'm sleeping, I don't mind answering questions at all

Comment

I notice by your time you live somewhere far outside my time zone so no worries. I think the native "spawn actor from class" node has some replication built in that, as you just said, yours doesnt. Im slowly getting it to work but its requiring some definite workaround

Comment

I was able to get the projectiles to "show up" on the network but unfortunately, they are very laggish compared to spawning normal projectiles. Any insight into why that is? I was also having to set the static mesh component to replicate in the object pool projectile BP but when I spawn using ue4 projectile that component doesn't need to be checked.

Overall if anyone has this running on a server lag free Im assuming they have had to do serious workarounds using this method. Been trying to set this plugin up for 3 days straight now...... and its looking like its all for naught. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Comment

When you see rubberbanding usually is because your Client is changing a transform and server is correcting position, reverting it back and repeat... That causes the "lag" you see.

As said, this system wasn't developed with networking in mind, however the only thing required would be you make sure both Client and Server spawn the bullets from the same event.
                      Only replicating bullet's transform movement... That means the Client NEVER apply any movement to bullets, only Server does that.

Comment

I created "BulletParticleParent" and make its child.
                        There are "Parent: Begin Play", "Parent: Actor Begin Overlap", "Parent: Tick". But I did not saw "Parent: On Pool Begin Play".

How do I extend event on pool begin play from its parent class ?

Comment

Originally posted by skydashstudio View Post
                          I created "BulletParticleParent" and make its child.
                          There are "Parent: Begin Play", "Parent: Actor Begin Overlap", "Parent: Tick". But I did not saw "Parent: On Pool Begin Play".

How do I extend event on pool begin play from its parent class ?

Your bullet actor must be child of Pooled Actor class.

Comment

Originally posted by BrUnO XaVIeR View Post

Your bullet actor must be child of Pooled Actor class.
                            This is my classes hierarchy.
                            {S} Pool Actor -> BulletParent -> BulletParticleParent -> BulletParticleProjectile.

I cannot see a node "Parent: On Pool Begin Play" on any child actors of "BulletParent".
                            Last edited by skydashstudio; 08-16-2018, 12:49 PM.

Comment

I just realized. It does not appear automatically. I must right-click on node "On Pool Begin Play". Then add call to parent function.

Comment

Hi Bruno,

Im testing / trying move my game onto 4.20.1. Downloaded and installed through the epic games launcher, installed, no problems.

When I enable your plugin (downloaded and installed for 4.20) it doesn't show up in the engine. There are no 'add' options for the plugin when I right click to add components, the plugin isn't visible. Is anyone else having issues with installing the plugin on 4.20? I have, installed, removed, installed, verified, removed, restart machine........ everything, on both of my mac's, iMac and Mac Pro. the plug is still active and working in 4.19, but not showing up in 4.20.

Just wondering if I'm missing anything on upgrading, any files to delete? reset???

Thanks for your help,

cheers
                                a

Comment

Working...
                                X