Plugin Object Pool Component

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by metalman View Post
    Hey guys I have a pretty odd but right now. After the object pool shoots its orginal pool amount the spawn actors are returned to the pool. However the new projectiles that appear no long cause damage to my enemies. Im not sure what I did wrong. Any help would be massive
    Make sure your collisions settings on "Spawn Actor from Pool" nodes are correct.
    I had complaints about this before and the issue was that designers was setting spawn options to have collisions settings disabled so the bullets couldn't hit anything after pooled.
    | Savior | USQLite | FSM | Object Pool | Sound Occlusion | Property Transfer | Magic Nodes | MORE |

Comment

metalman I've updated a little things in the source code and sent new version to Marketplace team for UE 4.18 and 4.19;
      Epic process updates in few days...
      Hopefully it helps to solve the problem you've shown me.

Since you said you're using overlap events for bullets instead of hit detection, I am not 100% sure this patch will work for you, but let's see if it helps
      | Savior | USQLite | FSM | Object Pool | Sound Occlusion | Property Transfer | Magic Nodes | MORE |

Comment

Originally posted by BrUnO XaVIeR View Post
        That option now should be available for UE4.18 users:

Fixed a little (unreported) bug that was blocking games from loading settings outside UEditor env...
        Just submitted * 1.5.2 * version with fix for that.

Comment

I should've had this on Marketplace page since day one, so my mad; anyways just going to leave this here to make it clear:

[NOTE]:
          • Updates are released for latest two versions or Unreal Engine only.
          • If you don't have latest Unreal Engine installed then you don't have latest Plugin version.
          • I do NOT guarantee backwards compatibility if you upgrade your Project from old engine versions such as Unreal 4.15. Backup your files before updating.

Comment

[NOTE]: OSX binaries aren't currently present in this plugin.
            Currently Unreal Marketplace has an issue when building for OSX or iOS platforms.
            Until they fix that, I cannot include OSX pre-built binaries in Marketplace plugin package.
            Developers who know how to build binary files still can build them from source. Source code is included in the Marketplace packaged.

Comment

Heya Bruno, Ant chance you can make an official license for this plugin?

MIT would be best for most people.

Comment

Another thing that happened was someone with a packaging error failed because he is having this problem:

LogTreadingWindow:Error: Runnable thread ThreadPool 7 crashed.
                LogTreadingWindow:Error: Runnable thread ThreadPool 8 crashed.
                Guys, let's have this clear:
                "ThreadPool" is NOT my plugin, okay?! :s

There's quite a few things in UE4 named around the "Pool" word and now I'm getting crash report from people thinking this is the OBJPool module.

Comment

Hello Bruno,

I have a question: I have quite a bit of classes that I want to setup ObjectPools for and my idea was to have a Map of Class->ObjectPool. The idea works if setup manually, but I wanted to automatically create ObjectPools for a Class if it didn't have one already and then after that it'll start using the new pool, so that I have everything automated. I was faced with an issue though, the fact that I can't setup the Template class on the ItemsPool class.

How complicated/difficult is it to maybe allow that in future updates?

Comment

Originally posted by LatFoued View Post
                    Hello Bruno,

I have a question: I have quite a bit of classes that I want to setup ObjectPools for and my idea was to have a Map of Class->ObjectPool. The idea works if setup manually, but I wanted to automatically create ObjectPools for a Class if it didn't have one already and then after that it'll start using the new pool, so that I have everything automated. I was faced with an issue though, the fact that I can't setup the Template class on the ItemsPool class.

How complicated/difficult is it to maybe allow that in future updates?
                    I'm not sure what you mean.
                    You can get a pointer to any Pool and do
                    Code:
                    TemplateClass = MyPooledClass::StaticClass();

Comment

I basically want to create Object pools at runtime, set their TemplateClass and store them in a Map so that later, when I want to spot item X, I can call its Pool and spawn from it. So it is possible to do it in C++?

Comment

I won't say creating Pool Components in runtime is a good idea, but I can add a Blueprint function node to "set" Template Class from Blueprint Graphs.

Is this what you're asking?!

Comment

It does suit my needs currently. Because newly spawned actors are added to the pools, it means that I can create pools at runtime for the class that needs it and at the same time not have to specify a specific amount beforehand. So, when we have enough for the current needs, we start reusing the old actors.

It would be nice then yes. What would the process be? create the component, set the class and do initialize?

Comment

Yes I will have to add an exposed initialization mechanism for you to manually reserve memory after set Template Class from Blueprint Graph.

Will take a look and test it tonight when I'm back home.

Comment

LatFoued I've added this optional Init Pool function; this new node should do it:

I will pack the plugin and send new code to Epic then we wait

Comment

Thank you very much mate Just a couple small questions, would this be compatible/available for 4.18 and 4.19? and if I have the plugin uninstalled (I have it on the project source to use it in C++), is there an easy way to know that an update has been pushed?

Have a good day.
                                Last edited by LatFoued; 06-05-2018, 06:50 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X