Plugin Object Pool Component

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    I didn't see any mention of using your 'PoolProjectileMovement' component anywhere in your initial write up. In fact I didn't know it existed or needed to be used until I found another mention of it hidden in the forums.
    Thanks for the quick responses it seems I have everything up and running right now. I will email you about creating a wiki so you wont have to spend your time answering some of these basic questions that can be explained with a better guide. Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    On Editor's plugin manager panel you can find support email.

Btw, I would double check the direction vector of pooled projectile component making sure it points forward; might be just 0,0,0 in your case making it not move on spawn.

Also wrong physics options may cause the mesh get stuck ignoring Ticks.

_____

The node not deleting, detach all pins connected to it, clear the node's reference to any target Pool Component, recompile Blueprint then it should delete fine.
    Last edited by BrUnO XaVIeR; 08-05-2018, 02:18 PM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Where is the best place to discuss the issues I'm having? I did have the pool component attached to the pooled actor, that solved that crash.

I cannot delete the 'spawn actor from pool' node in some actors without the editor crashing...

Also when my bullets are shot they don't follow the same projectile path as they were with normal spawning and every second bullet simply spawns and doesn't move..... Let me know if we can discuss here or elsewhere thanks.....

Leave a comment:

• replied
    https://youtu.be/aYOnNkc2RAM

Hello, I set "PooledProjectile" component instead of "Projectile Movement" component to my bullets.
    I set initial speed and activate them on pool begin play. But bullets with pooled projectile did not moved. How did I set something wrong ?
    This project is in Unreal Engine 4.20.1

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by jdukeunrealdev View Post
    Hey Bruno, I'm running 4.20.1 and either I am overthinking the entire process, or I really can't understand your guide for implementing this plugin using blueprints. I have a gun and I want it to shoot pooled bullets using your method. I won't go into detail for all the different ways I have attempted to solve this but I can assure you I've managed to crash my engine in at least 5 different ways. I understand I need to create an ObjectPoolComponent then I need to reparent my BulletProjectileBP to "PoolActor". This is all I KNOW how to do. Now I am not sure where to put the component...

If I put it in my gun my game crashes on simulation.... if I try putting it in an empty actor.... it crashes as well. I'm at a loss for what to do. If you could help me understand this process I will gladly re-write your instructions so you can post it as an addendum (or preferably a replacement) to your guide... English is my native language and I am really clear with written directions.... Thanks.
    Some times ppl attach Pool Components to Pooled Actor and that causes crash (loop).

Without crash logs I cannot know why your project crashed.
    Optimal report would be:

1) You run Unreal Editor launched from within Visual Studio (VS will tell you why and where the crash happens, which line and from which function)

2) Unreal generates crash report logs, you send me the latest log so I can read it.

3) An isolated project reproducing the crash I can use to fix it in case of bug.

But up to now, as said above, some people are causing loops attaching Pool Components to Pooled Actors, it's the only crash I know of right now.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hey Bruno, I'm running 4.20.1 and either I am overthinking the entire process, or I really can't understand your guide for implementing this plugin using blueprints. I have a gun and I want it to shoot pooled bullets using your method. I won't go into detail for all the different ways I have attempted to solve this but I can assure you I've managed to crash my engine in at least 5 different ways. I understand I need to create an ObjectPoolComponent then I need to reparent my BulletProjectileBP to "PoolActor". This is all I KNOW how to do. Now I am not sure where to put the component...

If I put it in my gun my game crashes on simulation.... if I try putting it in an empty actor.... it crashes as well. I'm at a loss for what to do. If you could help me understand this process I will gladly re-write your instructions so you can post it as an addendum (or preferably a replacement) to your guide... English is my native language and I am really clear with written directions.... Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I mean BlueprintNativeEvent

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Cheshire Dev you mean "BlueprintNativeEvent" or do you mean pure cpp delegates?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Thanks for a quick update!

I'm wondering if it would be useful to add native events do PooledActor (and similar classes) on begin/end play.
    We already BlueprintImplementableEvent (EVENT_OnPoolBeginPlay, EVENT_OnPoolEndPlay) and delegate (OnPoolBeginPlay, OnPoolEndPlay).

In my project I extend PooledActor class in C++, so native events come handy.
    Of course, it's not a big deal. I used to add few lines for it after every update

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Update for Unreal 4.20 released.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Fixed, I had marked a coin as used and that was getting carried into the pool and still active on respawn... rookie mistake Cheers for the help Bruno, plugin is magic!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    They aren't relevant to your issue.
    It's just an example, just the red nodes matter there...
    You just need to reset your magnet properties from one of those Events like the example image.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    ahh, yep I have the event nodes, I mean the 'set initial speed' 'set max speed' nodes. Are you setting them from the float variable (green Bullet speed) , if so how do I get access to the target option.? or are you right clicking and calling something?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    All Blueprints children of PooledActor have them;
    Right click graph and search below "Add Event" context menu category.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Right, makes sense. How are you getting those nodes? what do I right click and type to get them, or are they pulled in from variables?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X