+ [Support] AesTargeting - A Tab-Targeting solution

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[RELEASED] + [Support] AesTargeting - A Tab-Targeting solution

My first available C++ code plugin has been released on the marketplace, AesTargeting!

I'll leave the explanation from the Marketplace page here since it explains what this plugin does very well:
    This C++ plugin adds a Targeting and Player Targeting component. Simply attaching either of these components to a Player controller adds a simple way to focus and lock-on to any Actor with the included Targetable interface. The Player Targeting component includes extra features over the standard Targeting component that manipulates the Player's camera with various customizable settings. Tab-targeting, as seen in the example project, is easy to implement since each component keeps track of all targets with-in a specified range.
    *I will be updating this thread with a youtube video on how to set up the component and interface on any Player Controller by tomorrow at the latest.

This thread will also be for support for the plugin, and I will try my best to reply to any problems/feedback as soon as possible!

Cumulative Change Log:

1/12/2017:
    4.13 + 4.14 update!

Added the class 'AesTargetingSort' - Create via 'Add Blueprint Class' to customize your sorting methods.
    Added function node 'Change Sorting Class' - Used to change which class is being used to sort targets during runtime.

11/22/2016:
    4.14!
    Fixed an issue where an Actor that was being focused, while not implementing the interface would not default to its center location, and would instead send a vector of 0,0,0.
    Added an Actor input pin to the Targeted and UnTargeted Events that contain a reference to which Actor caused the event to fire.
    Minor code optimizations
    Last edited by Aesais; 01-12-2017, 09:20 PM.
    Marketplace code plugin: AesTargeting - Make your Actors targetable =)

Updated to 4.14

Change Log:
    4.14!
    Fixed an issue where an Actor that was being focused, while not implementing the interface would not default to its center location, and would instead send a vector of 0,0,0.
    Added an Actor input pin to the Targeted and UnTargeted Events that contain a reference to which Actor caused the event to fire.
    Minor code optimizations

Comment

Maybe I'm doing something wrong, but I can't find the targetable interface. I attached the player targeting component to my player controller just fine but I have no targetable interface to set it up to. Can you show how to set this up? Thanks

Comment

I have posted a video on how to initially set up a project with the plugin. It goes through adding the component to a Player Controller, adding the Interface to an Actor, and briefly goes over some of the settings on the component. Hope this helps!

https://youtu.be/b-cFrWSPFkE

Comment

Awesome, thanks for the video. Now that I know how to implement it I'm very satisfied with this product. Thanks again for the quick response and video.

Comment

[MENTION=24476]Aesais[/MENTION]
            Question (or maybe it's a Feature request)?

Hi I'm considering this plug-in, I want to know about using the right analog stick to select targets. I see in your tutorial video the "tab" targeting which indicates that it will be easy to assign "left" and "right" inputs to scrub through targets, but what about targets that are high up or below you?

Is is set up to accept directional input to reflect the preferred target to select based on their position on screen? (up-left, to select a more "upward-left" target. down-right to select a more "downward-right" target).
            If not, would you consider adding it?
            Last edited by Aumaan Anubis; 12-09-2016, 01:07 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Aumaan Anubis View Post
              Question (or maybe it's a Feature request)?

Hi I'm considering this plug-in, I want to know about using the right analog stick to select targets. I see in your tutorial video the "tab" targeting which indicates that it will be easy to assign "left" and "right" inputs to scrub through targets, but what about targets that are high up or below you?

Is is set up to accept directional input to reflect the preferred target to select based on their position on screen? (up-left, to select a more "upward-left" target. down-right to select a more "downward-right" target).
              If not, would you consider adding it?
              Interesting idea. Currently it sorts from left to right, but I could probably do some magic to make it a bit more dynamic. No promises as to when I'll be done (working on finishing up a dynamic inventory system), but definitely going into the next update for AesTargeting.

Comment

Good to know!

Oh I highly recommend checking out the targeting system in ReCore, they did a really good job I think, and it could be a solid point of reference

Comment

Decided to take a break from the Inventory system and code the Blueprint custom sorting method.

http://puu.sh/tgdNz/83567bd0e4.png

Will be uploading the 4.13 and 4.14 plugin + project (contains examples in the screenshot) tomorrow evening.

Edit/Update - Ran into issues with packaging initially, but problem solved. I have a test project created and tested for 4.13. Now slowly (0.14 MiB/s) downloading 4.14.2 to create and test a project based on the latest version.
                  Edit 2 - Plugin updated.
                  Last edited by Aesais; 01-12-2017, 09:15 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Aesais View Post
                    Decided to take a break from the Inventory system and code the Blueprint custom sorting method.

http://puu.sh/tgdNz/83567bd0e4.png

Will be uploading the 4.13 and 4.14 plugin + project (contains examples in the screenshot) tomorrow evening.
                    Yes! this is what I was hoping for!

Comment

Updated to 4.16. The only real change made was white-listing Android as a supported package.

Comment

Great plugin. I was able to modify it for my needs. I ended up grabbing a tutorial off youtube to create this target ring that I'm using for now and add it into this target plugin. I also have the npc target frame turning on/off with targeting.

Comment

Update:

AesTargeting 4.17 was pushed a few days ago to the marketplace team, and is still pending an update to the storefront.

I was working on a side project within blueprint and wanted to sort an Actor array by distance. I didn't want to use for-each loops within blueprint to do so, and so I exposed the function within the Sorter UObject to blueprint. It is a little clunky since it requires constructing a Sorter UObject, but it will allow specialized boolean sorting logic this way.

After the current 4.17 version that is queued gets updated, I'm going to push another update that will include this functionality.

Comment

Updated to 4.18.

I updated the sorting function to work with any array of Actors that you throw at it, and so the sorting can now be used outside of the targeting component. The function is still named after 'targeting', but I hope to expand upon this a bit more in the future.

External call:
                            http://puu.sh/ybgrL/981a4c042c.png

Internal sorting function:
                            http://puu.sh/ybgok/90adcb796f.png

Keep in mind that this is a make-shift setup, and will also require an implementation of the sorting class. I will be including the updated demo project with an example soon.

Comment

How do i make the actors rotation face the target? ie so you are always facing the tagert when you press f to lock on.
                              Cause the camera turns to face the target but not my character.

Comment

Working...
                              X