X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hdelattre Thank you very much!

EDIT: I tried to do it but there are a couple build errors when compiling
    Here is the output

1>C:/Users/Brandon/Documents/Unreal Projects/MyProject/Plugins/GestureTrackerVR/Source/GestureTrackerVR/Private/GestureTracker.cpp(14): warning C4996: 'USceneComponent::bVisible': This member will be made private. Please use IsVisible or SetVisibility. Please update your code to the new API before upgrading to the next release, otherwise your project will no longer compile.
    1> C:\Program Files\Epic Games\UE_4.24\Engine\Source\Runtime\Engine\Classes\Components/SceneComponent.h(204): note: see declaration of 'USceneComponent::bVisible'
    1>C:/Users/Brandon/Documents/Unreal Projects/MyProject/Plugins/GestureTrackerVR/Source/GestureTrackerVR/Private/RecordGesture.cpp(30): error C4458: declaration of 'startLocation' hides class member
    1> c:\users\brandon\documents\unreal projects\myproject\plugins\gesturetrackervr\source\gesturetrackervr\private\Gesture.h(45): note: see declaration of 'Gesture::startLocation'
    1>C:/Users/Brandon/Documents/Unreal Projects/MyProject/Plugins/GestureTrackerVR/Source/GestureTrackerVR/Private/RecordGesture.cpp(30): error C4458: declaration of 'rotator' hides class member
    1> c:\users\brandon\documents\unreal projects\myproject\plugins\gesturetrackervr\source\gesturetrackervr\private\Gesture.h(48): note: see declaration of 'Gesture::rotator'
    1>C:/Users/Brandon/Documents/Unreal Projects/MyProject/Plugins/GestureTrackerVR/Source/GestureTrackerVR/Private/RecordGesture.cpp(30): error C4458: declaration of 'resolution' hides class member
    1> c:\users\brandon\documents\unreal projects\myproject\plugins\gesturetrackervr\source\gesturetrackervr\private\Gesture.h(42): note: see declaration of 'Gesture::resolution'
    1>C:/Users/Brandon/Documents/Unreal Projects/MyProject/Plugins/GestureTrackerVR/Source/GestureTrackerVR/Private/RecordGesture.cpp(35): error C4458: declaration of 'startLocation' hides class member
    1> c:\users\brandon\documents\unreal projects\myproject\plugins\gesturetrackervr\source\gesturetrackervr\private\Gesture.h(45): note: see declaration of 'Gesture::startLocation'
    1>C:/Users/Brandon/Documents/Unreal Projects/MyProject/Plugins/GestureTrackerVR/Source/GestureTrackerVR/Private/RecordGesture.cpp(35): error C4458: declaration of 'rotator' hides class member
    1> c:\users\brandon\documents\unreal projects\myproject\plugins\gesturetrackervr\source\gesturetrackervr\private\Gesture.h(48): note: see declaration of 'Gesture::rotator'
    1>C:/Users/Brandon/Documents/Unreal Projects/MyProject/Plugins/GestureTrackerVR/Source/GestureTrackerVR/Private/RecordGesture.cpp(35): error C4458: declaration of 'resolution' hides class member
    1> c:\users\brandon\documents\unreal projects\myproject\plugins\gesturetrackervr\source\gesturetrackervr\private\Gesture.h(42): note: see declaration of 'Gesture::resolution'
    1>C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2017\Community\Common7\IDE\VC\VCTargets\Microsoft.MakeFile.Targets(44,5): error MSB3075: The command ""C:\Program Files\Epic Games\UE_4.24\Engine\Build\BatchFiles\Build.bat" MyProjectEditor Win64 Development -Project="C:\Users\Brandon\Documents\Unreal Projects\MyProject\MyProject.uproject" -WaitMutex -FromMsBuild" exited with code 5. Please verify that you have sufficient rights to run this command.
    1>Done building project "MyProject.vcxproj" -- FAILED.
    Last edited by wandbrandon; 12-30-2019, 06:17 PM.

Comment

wandbrandon Gotcha, those can all be fixed up really quick. I'll send Epic an update today but it usually takes them a few days to publish it.

EDIT: Just submitted the update to Epic. If you want to get it building yourself until they push it out all you need to do is change those parameter names on lines 30 and 35 in RecordGesture.cpp from startLocation, rotator, etc to inStartLocation, inRotator, etc and it should compile properly.
      Last edited by hdelattre; 12-30-2019, 09:57 PM.
      Gesture Tracker VR: A Gesture Recognition Plugin

Comment

hdelattre Gotcha, works perfectly, Thanks a bunch!

Comment

hdelattre Hi, after update to 4.24.1 Continuous recognition still works? (or it's my project bug)

Comment

Hi CGPath ,

In my tests continuous recognition was working same as always in 4.24. If you're still having issues I could probably help you troubleshoot with a little more detail about what you've set up.
            Gesture Tracker VR: A Gesture Recognition Plugin

Comment

Originally posted by hdelattre View Post
              Hi CGPath ,

In my tests continuous recognition was working same as always in 4.24. If you're still having issues I could probably help you troubleshoot with a little more detail about what you've set up.
              The problem was that (in my project 4.23) the Play and Continuous was assigned to one controller button, in 4.24 - this no longer works. Reassigned to another button and now works fine

Comment

Question:

I'm developing on the Oculus Quest, and due to the need to package each run-through, I am setting up VR gestures on a different project, then manually migrating the save file over to the VR Project folder. All of that works well. The problem is that in the new VR project folder, when I try to load the gesture (in editor, or as a non-asset package), I am always getting the load failed branch of the blueprint.

Any advice?
                Last edited by Nordictiger; 02-10-2020, 05:17 AM.

Comment

Working...
                X