Advanced 6DOF movement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Update for UE 4.23 is on the way, will be available in a few days.
    If you don't want to wait, plugin works in 4.23 without any modifications, just recompile.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    New version is out. There's a new movement mode, Frictionless Clamped. This works like frictionless, but with a speed limit.
    More importantly, it is now possible to override the acceleration function in Blueprint, to create your own modes.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by marineuac View Post
    i have some questions with plugin, does it have same replication problems as attached actors on controlled pawns ?

im not using the plugin, but i was wondering if it solves this problem? basicly what im asking is, how smoothly does the plugin handle players that are passengers of the vehicle when it comes to position replication ??
    Yeah you would have same problem with this plugin too. The solution here is to stop replicating the actor's movement while he's in the vehicle, and handle his position locally. Only the vehicle movement needs to be replicated.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    i have some questions with plugin, does it have same replication problems as attached actors on controlled pawns ?

im not using the plugin, but i was wondering if it solves this problem? basicly what im asking is, how smoothly does the plugin handle players that are passengers of the vehicle when it comes to position replication ??
    Last edited by spacebares; 12-27-2018, 06:48 PM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Is there any way to make the variables for the sixdofmovementcomponent replicate? For example, if i want to modify the Max Forward Speed for a player controlled pawn with a blueprint for say, a boost or cut to speed, it only works for the server, not the client if done directly in the BP with Set Max Speed Forward. This results in a host (listen server) behaving as expected, but the client starts stuttering, as it's attempting to move faster or slower than the server thinks it can. It's just a pawn with a static mesh, spring arm and camera, so nothing fancy.

I can call an event to run on server and this works, of course, but i was hoping i would be able to just set the variables to replicate without having to make the call manually for each update event.

Is that possible, or am i misunderstanding something about this?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Great work, thank you!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    UE 4.21 update out now for this plugin too, sorry for the delay.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    New version is on the way. Now with full Android support.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Swanton007 View Post
    Is there a way to get the current movement speed through BP?
    Yeah, just use "velocity" like with any other actor. It's a vector, use vector length to convert it to a float.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Is there a way to get the current movement speed through BP?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Version 1.5 is out now.
    Some more improvements in netcode.
    It now uses local inputs for more responsive prediction, and there's latency compensation.
    Both can be disabled to revert to old behavior (which is laggier, but more consistent with what's happening on the server)

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Version 1.4 released for UE4.18

-Improved netcode. Stationary vehicles stop sending out position updates after specified time of inactivity (10 seconds by default). So if you want to use it for AI enemies that spend most of the time just sitting still and waiting for player, you can. Enabled by default, no action required from you.

-new function Get Active Acceleration - this will tell you how much acceleration is produced by propulsion, ignoring gravity, air resistance, collisions etc. Ideal for controlling thruster animations and so on.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by ineteye View Post
    And how is it possbile to work with BuoyancyForce and with [Community Project] WIP Weather & Ocean Water Shader

https://forums.unrealengine.com/comm...er=&viewfull=1

to make controller for boats and submarines that have turrets in it...
    I'm unfamiliar with BuoyancyForce, but if it's producing physx forces, simply add them both to the same mesh.
    As for turrets, movement component doesn't handle those, you'll have to calculate and set their rotation in BP.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    And how is it possbile to work with BuoyancyForce and with [Community Project] WIP Weather & Ocean Water Shader

https://forums.unrealengine.com/comm...er=&viewfull=1

to make controller for boats and submarines that have turrets in it...

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hi! Need advice how to make rotable turret and not ship... mean Autopilot Rotation work to rotate turrets but not whole ship?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X