Advanced 6DOF movement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by adipFTW View Post
    Unfortunately, I only have a rented VPS to run the dedicated server and no machine with a gui, so I cant try at the moment.
    Well I really can't do anything then. I don't have a linux setup either. That's the reason why the plugin only has windows as whitelisted platform.
    (OK, here's an idea, maybe try editing the .uplugin file and remove the whole whitelisted platforms entry, maybe that caused linux build to silently discard the plugin, but it's unlikely).

Comment

Originally posted by moookiexl View Post
      Well I really can't do anything then. I don't have a linux setup either. That's the reason why the plugin only has windows as whitelisted platform.
      (OK, here's an idea, maybe try editing the .uplugin file and remove the whole whitelisted platforms entry, maybe that caused linux build to silently discard the plugin, but it's unlikely).
      I will try that, but I just rememered that I found a neat guide on how to set up a virtual machine to play games, so I'll set that up and will let you know what happens if your suggestion doesnt work.

Comment

Ok, whitelisting linux gave me these errors while trying to compile the game, which previously succeded:

UATHelper: Packaging (Linux): UnrealBuildTool: In file included from C:\Users\Julius Lange\Documents\Unreal Projects\WarForOrionCurrent\Plugins\SixDOFMovement\Intermediate\Build\Linux\B4D820EA\WarForOrion\Development\SixDOFMovement\Module.SixDOFMovement.cpp:2:
        UATHelper: Packaging (Linux): UnrealBuildTool: C:\Users\Julius Lange\Documents\Unreal Projects\WarForOrionCurrent\Plugins\SixDOFMovement\Source\SixDOFMovement\Private\Autopilot.cpp(63,27): error: expression result unused [-Werror,-Wunused-value]
        UATHelper: Packaging (Linux): UnrealBuildTool: DampOutput = DampInput*(RotationDampingRoll, RotationDampingPitch, RotationDampingYaw);
        UATHelper: Packaging (Linux): UnrealBuildTool: ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        UATHelper: Packaging (Linux): UnrealBuildTool: C:\Users\Julius Lange\Documents\Unreal Projects\WarForOrionCurrent\Plugins\SixDOFMovement\Source\SixDOFMovement\Private\Autopilot.cpp(63,48): error: expression result unused [-Werror,-Wunused-value]
        UATHelper: Packaging (Linux): UnrealBuildTool: DampOutput = DampInput*(RotationDampingRoll, RotationDampingPitch, RotationDampingYaw);
        UATHelper: Packaging (Linux): UnrealBuildTool: ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        UATHelper: Packaging (Linux): UnrealBuildTool: C:\Users\Julius Lange\Documents\Unreal Projects\WarForOrionCurrent\Plugins\SixDOFMovement\Source\SixDOFMovement\Private\Autopilot.cpp(113,27): error: expression result unused [-Werror,-Wunused-value]
        UATHelper: Packaging (Linux): UnrealBuildTool: DampOutput = DampInput*(TranslationDampingForward, TranslationDampingRight, TranslationDampingUp);
        UATHelper: Packaging (Linux): UnrealBuildTool: ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        UATHelper: Packaging (Linux): UnrealBuildTool: C:\Users\Julius Lange\Documents\Unreal Projects\WarForOrionCurrent\Plugins\SixDOFMovement\Source\SixDOFMovement\Private\Autopilot.cpp(113,54): error: expression result unused [-Werror,-Wunused-value]
        UATHelper: Packaging (Linux): UnrealBuildTool: DampOutput = DampInput*(TranslationDampingForward, TranslationDampingRight, TranslationDampingUp);
        UATHelper: Packaging (Linux): UnrealBuildTool: ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        UATHelper: Packaging (Linux): UnrealBuildTool: 4 errors generated.
        EDIT: The ^ dont actually point to the right positions, first one points to RotationDampingRoll, 2nd to RotationDampingPitch, 3rd to TranslationDampingForward and 4th to TranslantionDampingRight.

Comment

Ok, whitelisting linux gave me these errors while trying to compile the game, which previously succeded:

EDIT: The ^ dont actually point to the right positions, first one points to RotationDampingRoll, 2nd to RotationDampingPitch, 3rd to TranslationDampingForward and 4th to TranslantionDampingRight.
          Now we're getting somewhere! I'm not 100% sure why is the compiler complaining about that particular line though, that result is definitely not unused, in fact it's used right in the next line below. Weird. Perhaps it's not interpreting it as vector but as separate values? Try replacing those lines in Autopilot.cpp with: (line 63)
          DampOutput = DampInput*FVector(RotationDampingRoll, RotationDampingPitch, RotationDampingYaw);
          and (line 113)
          DampOutput = DampInput*FVector(TranslationDampingForward, TranslationDampingRight, TranslationDampingUp);
          Last edited by moookiexl; 03-07-2017, 05:29 PM.

Comment

Now we're getting somewhere! I'm not 100% sure why is the compiler complaining about that particular line though, that result is definitely not unused, in fact it's used right in the next line below. Weird. Perhaps it's not interpreting it as vector but as separate values? Try replacing those lines in Autopilot.cpp with: (line 63)

and (line 113)
            This combined with the whitelisting made it work perfectly. Thanks a lot, dude!

Comment

This combined with the whitelisting made it work perfectly. Thanks a lot, dude!
              Excellent. I'll put it in the next update.
              And this is why I can't support platforms that I don't have. it's always those tiny differences in compilers and so on that get you, even though you're not actually doing anything platform-specific.

Comment

Excellent. I'll put it in the next update.
                And this is why I can't support platforms that I don't have. it's always those tiny differences in compilers and so on that get you, even though you're not actually doing anything platform-specific.
                I'll be sure to bug you as the first if you release an update that breaks my linux servers

Good job with this one though!

EDIT: Quick update, you dont actually need to follow the thread you linked a few posts earlier, simply adding to the whitelist and the code fixed all problems. Event driven loader was a major feature of 4.14 if i remember correctly, i was kinda sad at the beginning that i had to deactivate it, but thankfully thats obsolete for this problem!
                Last edited by adipFTW; 03-08-2017, 09:03 PM.

Comment

Just a quick note since someone was asking about AI before:
                  DoN's 3D Pathfinding ( https://www.unrealengine.com/marketp...ding-flying-ai ) works perfectly with SixDOF. Will record tutorial as soon as possible.

EDIT: here
                  Last edited by moookiexl; 03-25-2017, 03:43 PM.

Comment

And...RELEASED!

https://www.unrealengine.com/marketp...ixdof-movement

Comment

Somewhere on previous page I promised i'll release that other abandoned plugin as open source once this one is finished.
                      So, here you have it:

Plugin (source + binaries): https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B2...1gzbUpVUGxwZDg
                      Example Project: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B2...244UXNKR1J3ME0

Works best when combined with SixDOF in physical mode or with EasyFM, but can be used on its own (provide your own propulsion).

Comment

Just a small update: V1.30 has enabled Linux and Mac support. Sorry it took so long.
                        I've also added a small fix that increases precision of ground sliding movement a bit.

Comment

New update 1.31 released. SixDOF can now be added as default component to C++ actors. Thanks Tiba- for spotting the bug.

Comment

How are you getting along with networked support? This is the feature I'd be most interested in.

Comment

Originally posted by ambershee View Post
                              How are you getting along with networked support? This is the feature I'd be most interested in.
                              It already has net replication for movement and inputs.

Comment

Hi! Need advice how to make rotable turret and not ship... mean Autopilot Rotation work to rotate turrets but not whole ship?

Comment

Working...
                                X